Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

# Changes?

SOMDColtsfan

Early yet and nothing done but what IF..who wears the coveted #21, V Davis or Gore? Will Fleener give up #80 to A Johnson? Some serious questions needing answered before agreeing to sign these guys lol

Thanks for putting the "space" between # and changes... otherwise it was just a hashtag title :P

Its all part of the history of the NFL and makes the sport even more interesting. I for one enjoy these aspects of it. I`m sure it matters to some of the players?

surely it is...like Luck,, #12 was his number in college and wasn't it even like his pops # in college also?? (if I recall correctly)

Fortunately for us Colts fans LUCK #12 came in and erased the horrid and tepid taste in my mouth for SORGI #12...man it took a whole season of LUCK #12 to wipe that stain away for me :P

Does it matter?

Absolutely matters to some people.

I think about this stuff too. My number was always symbolic to me when I played. We hear of behind the door sales going for players jerseys.

Plus when envisioning the players lining up it helps to know what number they will be wearing. ;)

The way i see it a # doesn't help you perform better, the person behind the # is what really matters. 

Truth... 

but tradition/ritual can have serious psychological effect...

perception is reality some times... 

people will always waste thousands on big fancy weddings , when you can go to the courthouse and get 'just as married' for a $50 marriage license... 

There are several thousand Colts fans who pay hard earned money to wear their favorite fans jersey...

so there is that too...

but really I'm just foolin' around, who cares what #'s these guys wear...