Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I hope Grigson brings in some "PUNISHERS"

bluephantom87

Whether it be via the draft or FA this team needs an infusion of some NASTY guys who PLAY with a mean streak!! Most agree the focal point for the Colts (in no particular order) is a big bruising type rb, a MASSIVE nt who is not only strong but ATHLETIC that can command double teams, a big hard hitting safety and a ilb with some size that can lay the wood. Give me a couple of guys on the o-line who WANT to manhandle and plant opposing defenses into the ground. Now is the time to upgrade positions in order to truly get to the NEXT level by being able to compete and BEAT the elite teams starting with the Pats. If you want to build the monster you MUST HAVE SOME MONSTERS!!! I'm not as hard on Grigs as some because this is almost a complete turnover in the roster from a 2-14 team 3yrs ago. Players were needed to field a team AND be competitive! Yes there have been some misses (like ALL gms have) but on a whole there have been many more hits. Ask teams like the Raiders, Jags and Titans who have been stinking for some time now. Going into the offseason guys like Freeman, Chapman, Redding, Boom and Laundry (to name a few) are serviceable but NEED to be upgraded. As far as the coaching staff I STILL think some changes need to be made (which has been debated over and over) but with a continual improvement of the roster some flaws can be masked.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give me suh. I would love to see this dude stomp on some people in colts blue

Agree because Suh is the type of player I'm talking about.... N A S T Y on the field while playing with an all out passion and one who takes losses hard. (like crying after the Seahawk loss in the NFCCG) Guys like Suh would bring an instant FEAR FACTOR to this defense not seen since Bob Sanders. Can you IMAGINE a defense here with high motor players WANTING to lay the wood?! When I hear talk of a FA that has potential I cringe because MOST of the time that means they are injury prone or lack maturity and need motivation. I'd rather pay the guy who has PROVEN himself and WANTS to be one of the greats at his position. Pollard is one nasty hard hitting safety but he has had trouble off the field in the past dating back to college which is why I assume Chuck didn't try to make a run at him instead of Mr PED considering the Raven ties.

In light of the Jackson situation... Nasty on the field not off!!! :heh:

No!!! I denounce this comment.... I want only players who attempt to beat up pizza delivery guys on this Colts team. Maybe they can instill fear into these delivery drivers who feel entitled to take parking spots from hard working pedestrian folk!!!!!

haha

Either way, its a lot of money tied up in one player not named Andrew Luck.

(For the record, I would love Suh on this defense, I just am afraid he will cost way too much.)

Pay for what you get.

Landry, RJF, and D'Qwell Jackson are making that much combined. Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Suh than all 3 of those guys.

Pay for what you get.

Landry, RJF, and D'Qwell Jackson are making that much combined. Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Suh than all 3 of those guys.

I'm just concerned about making the same mistake we did during the manning era.

We'll see of course. I don't think we'd seriously consider him but I won't complain if we do.

Do you think Suh is worth $15m/year? Personally, I'm having trouble with that concept.

Yes. He's arguably the top DT in the NFL (no doubt top 3) and a complete game-wrecker. 

57 pressures on his own. The Colts top 2 edge rushers combined for 60. 

Especially the moment he decides to kick someone in the junk for no real obvious reason.

That's one concern. The other is that high priced FAs that change teams are more likely to underperform than they are to meet expectations. You pay a guy $15m/year to switch teams, and you're more likely to get $9m/year production, at best. That's if he doesn't get hurt and doesn't decide to lounge around after his big payday. 

That's one concern. The other is that high priced FAs that change teams are more likely to underperform than they are to meet expectations. You pay a guy $15m/year to switch teams, and you're more likely to get $9m/year production, at best. That's if he doesn't get hurt and doesn't decide to lounge around after his big payday. 

Exactly, when you sign a big name guy, chances are they got the big name over years of producing and are closer to the end of their prime than the beginning. That being said, I would go with Suh over a runningback like AP/Murray/Marshawn if that were the case.