Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets Trade For Eli Manning!

bap1331

The Colts should trade for Rodgers and Brady...just in case one gets injured...

Might as well sign Brees as a free agent, Draft Luck , Peyton Returns.

Manning P.

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Manning E.

Luck

We will be set at QB!

we can run multiple QB sets and have them option and pass the ball to each other all over the place

Now see, this is the kind of out of the box thinking that going to get us out of the winless column.

Why hasn't Calpolian thought of this?

In order to do a trade both sides have to want to do the deal and while if we don't have Peyton we are clearly in the market for a QB what makes you think the Giants are going to be in the market to trade away their franchise QB? Also let's just say they were, why would we give up a bunch of picks to get an older player in Eli Manning when we would have the first pick with the guy who is supposed to be the next great QB looking us in the face and we wouldn't have to give up anything to get him?

Yeah like they're going to trade their franchise. He's turning into one of the more valuable QBs in the league. We would have to give up some awesome young players for him and it's just not worth it.

We can give up mathis, Freeney, Wayne, and maybe Clarke. As long as we keep Austin Collie, i will be fine!

In order to do a trade both sides have to want to do the deal and while if we don't have Peyton we are clearly in the market for a QB what makes you think the Giants are going to be in the market to trade away their franchise QB? Also let's just say they were, why would we give up a bunch of picks to get an older player in Eli Manning when we would have the first pick with the guy who is supposed to be the next great QB looking us in the face and we wouldn't have to give up anything to get him?

I just want a Manning at quarterback. I dont trust anybody else...

lol this is a joke...right? Just making sure! Their defense is great, maybe inconsistent but barely...

You clearly haven't watched any Giants games lately. Secondary is terrible. Front 4 are geting no pressure. They are ranked 30th in total yards allowed. 29th for passing yards allowed. 22nd for rushing yards allowed. Their starting secondary is ranked last in the league.

Meanwhile, they are dead last for rushing this year.

But, Eli is in the mix to pass Marino's record. As it is, he just became the only other QB other than Marino to have 3 or more 400 yard games. He just tied Peyton and Johnny U. for most 4th Quarter TD passes at 14 (with 3 games left to play). He has 5 4th Qtr come from behind wins and a 6th that was tied late in the 4th.

I really hope thats a joke. Eli is no where near peyton, i love eli. but still eli has a run game, and a D to help him, and IMO a top ten o line. which of those three do the colts have consistently?

Again, the Giants are DEAD LAST in rushing this year. The defense is ranked 30th. Eli may not be Peyton, but he's having a Peyton-like year.

Yeah like they're going to trade their franchise. He's turning into one of the more valuable QBs in the league. We would have to give up some awesome young players for him and it's just not worth it.

You are looking at this all wrong. Who on the Colts would the Giants want in order to give up their franchise QB?

Why not trade for Aaron Rodgers?

I mean if we're going to talk about things that will never happen, why not go big?

Eli can at least make something from nothing. Aaron Rodgers was out last year and the Packers still won football games; including having the ball in winning position in New England.

We would probably have to give up Bethea, maybe Clark or Mathis. Freeney and Wayne are losing value.

See - that is exactly what I was saying in that you are looking at this all wrong. There is no one on the Colts who the Giants would want in exchange for Eli. Those players you mentioned collectively would not generate near enough interest to justify the trade.

Just get Doc Brown a Delorean Limo and have him go back to about '77 and bring back Joe Greene, Ham, Lambert, Blount and the rest of the Steelers defense, and we are set with Painter.. 4-12 here we come.(yes that is how bad Painter is).

I hope this was a joke... I really hope so.

Wouldn't work.

There's drug testing now.

See - that is exactly what I was saying in that you are looking at this all wrong. There is no one on the Colts who the Giants would want in exchange for Eli. Those players you mentioned collectively would not generate near enough interest to justify the trade.

Im saying we would have to trade Bethea + Clark or Mathis, and some draft picks for Eli.

Im saying we would have to trade Bethea + Clark or Mathis, and some draft picks for Eli.

And I am saying that the Giants would never make that deal.

Look this is obviously a fantasy that will only happen on message boards, but there is literally no price good enough for a franchise level QB.