Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching Brady's presser.  Belichick said this morning that he had no knowledge of how the balls were deflated and deferred to Brady and now Brady says he had nothing to do with it.  I'm assuming that they've already paid the ball handler to take the dive for this. 

You are correct when it comes to the game last weekend, but you never know how many times they did it beforehand. Who knows if they did it just a week earlier when the game was closer? It's simply not out of the realm of possibility considering they did it in a game they didn't need to. If that's the case it could have possibly been either be the Colts or the Ravens in the SB.

The "Patriot Way" is synonymous with cheating outside of New England. This is on top of Spygate. No matter what happens now, all the titles, all the records, all the legacies, are all tarnished, tainted, and asterisk'd in the eyes of anyone that isn't a Patriots fan. That would make me sick as a Patriots fan. I guess growing up means watching your heroes turn human in front of you.

I see your point but I don't think that using a ball that's 2 PSI lower than required would lead to a team winning anywhere from 12 to 14 games in most years. I can't say there's no advantage because the counter to that is, "Then why do it?" But as far as how much it's helped them, we'll never really know. 

I don't know, you don't know... I'm a Pats fan so I want to believe it's a minimal impact, you're a Colts fan so you want to believe that the entire Patriots dynasty is built on Spygate and flat footballs. The truth is probably where it usually is... right in the middle somewhere. 

But the real problem is that no matter what happens here, the damage is done. If the league exonerates the Patriots, you and others won't believe in the findings. If they go 19-0 next year, after this most recent "scandal," you'll assume they're cheating still somehow. And I can't say I blame you, because they've brought this on themselves. 

I see your point but I don't think that using a ball that's 2 PSI lower than required would lead to a team winning anywhere from 12 to 14 games in most years. I can't say there's no advantage because the counter to that is, "Then why do it?" But as far as how much it's helped them, we'll never really know. 

I don't know, you don't know... I'm a Pats fan so I want to believe it's a minimal impact, you're a Colts fan so you want to believe that the entire Patriots dynasty is built on Spygate and flat footballs. The truth is probably where it usually is... right in the middle somewhere. 

But the real problem is that no matter what happens here, the damage is done. If the league exonerates the Patriots, you and others won't believe in the findings. If they go 19-0 next year, after this most recent "scandal," you'll assume they're cheating still somehow. And I can't say I blame you, because they've brought this on themselves. 

50% Talent, 50% cheating. We all know that sir.

That is the question

And both Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have denied accountability in that.  So the search goes on...

And if it is found that Tom asked someone to tamper with his footballs...  Roger Goodell's Flux Capacitor will emit in full radiance, you can bet that!

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

Maybe you don't see it but maybe now you will see it. The last 5 years the Patriots average 187 plays w a fumble, the best of the NFL in 25 years. They're done. I'm a fan of rules and integrity and I believe the entire Patriots dynasty is built on spying and favorable footballs. If the league exonerates them it will be nonsense bc of how spygate was handled and the damning evidence this time around. I hope they lose every game for the rest of my life. Please dont use quotes around the word scandal. I believe after they are caught they start with a clean slate, so after this season I will believe anything they do is clean until they get caught again, but they do not deserve any benefit of the doubt.