Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeman is Gary Brackett 2.0

RockThatBlue

Not that Brackett was horrible.

But both undersized

Brackett was inconsistent just like Freeman is

Both decent in coverage (though nothing to brag about)

Both were usually horrible against good/big running backs

Its like watching Gary Brackett out there. This team needs a tough, rough and big MLB.

Freeman was a nice player you have in year one of a rebuild and a good backup level player later on. He's not a player you build a defense around. 

I'm inclined to agree with this somewhat. I'd be happy if we can find someone similar to CJ Mosley in the draft.

I wish we had two ILB with skills similar to Kuechly and Thomas Davis.  Guys who cover a lot of ground, but are

also great tacklers defending the run.

Brackett was better in coverage. Not going to lie there. We hardly got killed by TE's like we do now.

True dat.

Instead of getting exposed in a 3-4 with 2 undersized ILBs, why not play a 4-3 and make the good run stopper with lesser coverage abilities the ILB with 2 good coverage OLBs. A good safety can make up for 1 of that kind of ILB but having to make up for 2 ILBs with lesser coverage abilities is harder on the safeties, IMO. Plus, if a team spreads you out and forces the ILBs to play a few yards away due to the fear factor of being beat, it leaves you susceptible to both the pass and run, IMO.