Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What hc could we hire and what other coaching positions could we hire?

hambone35

Chuck's job is secure.  No way Irsay would fire him after making it to the AFCCG.  One thing that I've noticed is that it seems like a lot of the other successful teams have coaches and coordinators that have hc experience, but we don't.  Maybe a grass is greener deal, but I get the impression that our coordinator's aren't guys that other teams would want.

I can't imagine somebody being fired after having so much success after taking over a terrible team. No way that will happen

159361675.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

san-francisco-49ers-head-coach-jim-harba

c01-schottenheimer3-13.jpg?w=1000

jimmy.jpg

Cowboys haven't done anything since Jimmy Johnson left. Until this season, I believe they were exactly .500 in the years since he was dismissed.

The Chargers couldn't win a single playoff game with Marty, regardless of what they did in the regular season (and they only had two good years with him as the head coach, out of five). 

It's too early to even mention Harbaugh or Fox. And Harbaugh didn't get fired.

So that really was a bad list.

Cowboys haven't done anything since Jimmy Johnson left. Until this season, I believe they were exactly .500 in the years since he was dismissed.

The Chargers couldn't win a single playoff game with Marty, regardless of what they did in the regular season (and they only had two good years with him as the head coach, out of five). 

It's too early to even mention Harbaugh or Fox. And Harbaugh didn't get fired.

So that really was a bad list.

My point

______

Your head

It wasn't: "we'll be better off with a new coach". It was to refute the "no way a coach gets fired after having this much success" 

I don't think Pagano should go. Grigson on the other hand.....

My point

______

Your head

It wasn't: "we'll be better off with a new coach". It was to refute the "no way a coach gets fired after having this much success" 

I don't think Pagano should go. Grigson on the other hand.....

So, it happens, but it's obviously not a good idea, historically. Why even argue it?

Chuck's job is secure.  No way Irsay would fire him after making it to the AFCCG.  One thing that I've noticed is that it seems like a lot of the other successful teams have coaches and coordinators that have hc experience, but we don't.  Maybe a grass is greener deal, but I get the impression that our coordinator's aren't guys that other teams would want.

True look at Ravens w Kubiak and Denver w Del Rio, I like Chuck and there isn't anyone else available right now that I would like unless you convinced BB himself to come over.

We need better players. I'd call for coaching changes if the defense was doing this every single game but we were in the AFC championship game. We need to shore up positions, not fire our coaches to sign some "big name" guy that people will be complaining about next year.

We need better players. I'd call for coaching changes if the defense was doing this every single game but we were in the AFC championship game. We need to shore up positions, not fire our coaches to sign some "big name" guy that people will be complaining about next year.

reason made too  afccg  bengals  good team not great.    beat denver because manning was injured .

Chud was a head coach.

I wonder about our pro player scouting staff. There must have been a great deal of NFL tape on TRich before we made the plunge. He averaged about 3.5 ypc with Cleveland. I presume it was because he had no burst or wiggle. Who looked at the Cleveland film and decided TRich was worth a 1st round pick? 

Same for D'Quell Jackson.

Same for LaRon Landry.

Same for Erik Walden.

I don't expect any of the coaches will be fired this season.  I sure hope though, that they are put on notice that we need to see improvement with them as well.  No more stupid stuff like forcing plays that are perpetually ineffective, no more lack of creativity, no more stubbornness about keeping players on the field that should not be there and vice versa.

We were out-coached numerous times this season, and last season.  This cannot be allowed to continue without consequences.

Seriously What hc could we realistically hire, that would be a good fit? What oc could we hire with the same respect that could make a difference? What dc could we hire with the same respect that would make a difference? Names please

There is a better chance we bring back Curtis Painter than there is that Pagano gets fired so I would come to grips with the fact he's gong to be our Head Coach next season.  Again, where were all the fire Pagano people after the Bengals and Broncos games?  They had us going one and done to the Bengals and then when we didn't they all vanished until we lost to New England in the AFCCG.  Funny, those people didn't think we had a chance to beat the Bengals in the first place seems like Pagano majorly surpassed those people's expectations...

reason made too  afccg  bengals  good team not great.    beat denver because manning was injured .

We beat Denver because the defense played their backside off not just because Manning was hurt.  You can keep saying that because it works to support your argument but that doesn't make it true.  The Colts played 8 quarters vs. Manning and the Broncos this year and were clearly the better team in six of them including only giving up two TDs in those six quarters.  They had A bad half vs. Denver in the season open other than that the defense pretty much had their way with Denver. 

Yes the Pats clearly have their number and something needs to change on that front but that doesn't undo their other successes this season. 

I wonder about our pro player scouting staff. There must have been a great deal of NFL tape on TRich before we made the plunge. He averaged about 3.5 ypc with Cleveland. I presume it was because he had no burst or wiggle. Who looked at the Cleveland film and decided TRich was worth a 1st round pick? 

Same for D'Quell Jackson.

Same for LaRon Landry.

Same for Erik Walden.

People need to quit complaining about Walden, that was not a bad signing ... not a home run signing, but not bad either.

I think this loss has to do more with Grigson then Pagano and Manusky. Yes, they could have coached better but they we're going up against arguably the greatest coach of all time in Belichick. This roster does well against finesse teams, it isn't built to beat the Patriots. 

To beat the Patriots, you need to have a great d-line and be strong up the middle on defense. Offensively, you have to run the ball and control the clock. Take your chances deep on play action. It's how the Giants, Ravens, and Chiefs this year beat them. Those three teams had great d-lines, great RB's, and QB's that didn't turn the ball over much in those games. The Ravens were just unlucky that game, but they have the blueprint to beat the Patriots.

Seriously What hc could we realistically hire, that would be a good fit? What oc could we hire with the same respect that could make a difference? What dc could we hire with the same respect that would make a difference? Names please

AFC Conference Championship and this is what the fans say. Disgusting. 

AFC Conference Championship and this is what the fans say. Disgusting. 

It just shows how spoiled our fanbase has become.  Honestly the Colts have missed the playoffs just four times in 20 years and has been to the playoffs the past three years after a 2-14 season and were in the AFCCG this year.  Honestly, I think a Bills fan or Raiders fan would just smack most of us here.  I've said this before, I think to a lot of fan bases we look like the rich kid on Christmas who gets a Play Station 4 but complains because we didn't get the X-Box one to go with it. 

People need to quit complaining about Walden, that was not a bad signing ... not a home run signing, but not bad either.

I'm just going on how Grigs/Pagano pitched Walden up to the fan base in the presser after the signing. I agree that he is not a bust, just not as advertised or worth the contract.

Ahh we can continue to all agree/disagree.

I still think there is a good chance Manusky gets let go...Pagano is definitely going to be taking some heat from Irsay and Grigson over this game and Pagano is going to have to have some answers for it. To me the most logical sense in Pagano's shoes is to make a change at DC.

Just the way I see it going down.

I'm just going on how Grigs/Pagano pitched Walden up to the fan base in the presser after the signing. I agree that he is not a bust, just not as advertised or worth the contract.

Can't go by that, they talk about every player like they are a future HOF'er (Pagano is really bad about it)

Ahh we can continue to all agree/disagree.

I still think there is a good chance Manusky gets let go...Pagano is definitely going to be taking some heat from Irsay and Grigson over this game and Pagano is going to have to have some answers for it. To me the most logical sense in Pagano's shoes is to make a change at DC.

Just the way I see it going down.

I don't think Pagano is going to get that much heat.  He took them a game further than last year.  And if Grigson applies too much heat he might catch some blow back, since some of the team's problems came from his personnel decisions. I think Pagano might need to take a look at some of the guys under him though or he might find himself on the hot seat sooner rather than later.