Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LISTEN: INDY RADIO HOST DESTROYS PATRIOTS CALLER

mintor

I listened to it live and soon as he said he was driving through Indiana and was from foxborough I knew it was a prank.....and then made it even more obvious with the accent. I can't believe anyone fell for it. But Dakich is a massive tool anyway. Not the first time he has been pranked.

Yeah, I was surprised your radio guy didn't pick up on it as Christian was being really obvious with the accent and saying he was from Foxboro. Christian is a tool as well. All these former Pats players only have jobs in our media because of Brady and Bill. lol.

BTW, like the shortened screen name. It has a certain pizazz. Maybe I should go with AMF? The "football" part is getting lame I think.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was surprised your radio guy didn't pick up on it as Christian was being really obvious with the accent and saying he was from Foxboro. Christian is a tool as well. All these former Pats players only have jobs in our media because of Brady and Bill. lol.

BTW, like the shortened screen name. It has a certain pizazz. Maybe I should go with AMF? The "football" part is getting lame I think.

Yeah, couple yrs back someone called up and pretended to be from southern Indiana/Kentucky an gave him a hard time....and Dakich totally fell for it. Dakich he can be ok, but he spends half his time defending himself against people on twitter calling him a jerk.

Ha! Christian is the bomb. Love how he faked getting mad at spygate at the end. And the fake Boston accent. LOL. LOL. He is hilarious.

Colts fans - he does this routine all the time on Boston radio to get a rise out of opposing radio hosts.

This is considered quality radio in Boston? I expected more from the home of Harvard and MIT.

NOTE: When punking someone, it's more effective if you don't come across as an *, which is how Fauria came across.

This is considered quality radio in Boston? I expected more from the home of Harvard and MIT.

NOTE: When punking someone, it's more effective if you don't come across as an *, which is how Fauria came across.

Meh, he wasn't that funny, but the reaction he got from Dakich was kinda hilarious. Fauria made it obvious he was pranking and Dan still fell for it....priceless.

"How can a town with so many good colleges produce so much trash?" - Peter Griffin

Christian is not from Boston and was not educated here.

And I don't listen to sports radio in general expecting to hear anything educational ...

Christian is not from Boston and was not educated here.

I found the whole thing stupid, to be honest.

Neither guy was funny, and neither guy 'destroyed the other' with great points. The host clearly thought it was legit at first and thats what got his panties in a bunch, then he finally realized it was a joke...but the whole thing was dumb.

Why would you ever expect anything from sports radio?

I listened to it live and soon as he said he was driving through Indiana and was from foxborough I knew it was a prank.....and then made it even more obvious with the accent. I can't believe anyone fell for it. But Dakich is a massive tool anyway. Not the first time he has been pranked.

He did pick up on it. Listen to the longer version on the second link http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/christian-fauria-tried-prank-call-dan-dakich-didnt-go-well.html

He even calls WEEEEE..EEE...E..E...E, EI out.

And just to note, I don't even mind the pranking. It could have done with more humor.. But whatever. Colts fans and personalities have been hearing what Christian was saying all week non stop and Dakich like many others are just short of patience with it by now.

No offense Pats fans, but you have some terrible sports journalists. I am probably only seeing the bad stuff.

Good articles and good opinions from an opposing teams sports media contingent seldom end up on message boards. Things that don't get people upset don't get talked about.

Good articles and good opinions from an opposing teams sports media contingent seldom end up on message boards. Things that don't get people upset don't get talked about.

Off topic but what are the good Pats forums?  I have been lurking a little on Patsfans and most of the post just state that the Pats will kill the Colts...easy win with no analysis...Pats will win because Luck is ugly...Luck can't lead an NFL team because he is "nerdy" and "awkward" in press conferences.  Am I just looking at the wrong board?

I'm not sure why either side would be too jazzed about this exchange? Neither guy "owned" the other. One went ultra defensive, and one guy parodied actual Pats fans that exist.

Not really much of a prank either. But maybe that's just me.

Off topic but what are the good Pats forums? I have been lurking a little on Patsfans and most of the post just state that the Pats will kill the Colts...easy win with no analysis...Pats will win because Luck is ugly...Luck can't lead an NFL team because he is "nerdy" and "awkward" in press conferences. Am I just looking at the wrong board?

There are none. That's why they all come here.

I never said he was mature ... just having fun. I thought it was funny on both sides.

Ack that defeats the purpose!! I thought it was some random person from Boston haha

I guess it's still pretty funny. I wonder if Dakich knew who he was, he usually doesn't talk to just random people for that long regardless how stupid people act.

lol. You guys were totally punked. That is Christian Fauria from our radio station that called in. He was a TE with the Pats during the champ years. He is faking the Boston accent. He called to just get a rise out of your guy. Love the "when was the last time you beat the Pats?" and your guys said two years ago on the 4ht and two. And Christian said nah, try 2009. LOL.

It's sad if you consider that being punked. The guy doing the punking isn't the one leaving looking like a chump. That was a poor excuse for a punk/prank call. Good ones actually can come back with facts that get people of their game. Dakitch turned it completely around on him.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/christian-fauria-tried-prank-call-dan-dakich-didnt-go-well.html

Here's the article.  Christian has a show on our sister station in Boston, WEEI.  So, I guess Entercom had a little fun with Emmis!   Except as the article says, it made Christian look pretty stupid. Good entertainment though!

Thanks RG.........

It was good...classic sports talk radio

Jaric has been a member on Pats Planet I think longer than he was a fan here. He is a fixture there. They have a pretty funny board, untamed, but have been listening to each others arrogance so long they feel right about it. I would love to have the Colts win a few titles in the next 10 years, but if it turned you Colt fans into that dumpster fire of prideful rudeness, I'll pass.

Btw....like a previous poster denoted, I don't think either party in this stupid stunt "won" over the other. For that matter, what is "winning", when it comes to idiocy? Thinking this is funny to or for either party comes across as 8 year old ish.

Humor at someone else's expense is not funny for anyone but the child performing the stupidity.

That was actually pretty weak. I can't believe the guy from "Foxboro" gave up. Repeating over and over again that the pats haven't won a Superbowl since spygate is pretty weak! LOL! He sounded exactly the same way my gardner would put up a debate. Redundant gibberish! LOL!

I would have expected more from a radio host. I was waiting for the "destroys a Patriots prank caller" part but all I heard was weak sauce the entire time. Name calling isn't considered "destroying" in my book. It was fun in the 3rd grade but it gets old once you reach puberty.

Edited by 21isSuperman

About 2 seconds into listening to the caller talk I knew that this had to be some sort of set up.  Originally I thought it was something that maybe 1070 set up themselves, which would be pretty bad.  

Glad they left the ignorance of this "Prank call" to fall on those from the East Coast.

That was actually pretty weak. I can't believe the guy from "Foxboro" gave up. Repeating over and over again that the pats haven't won a Superbowl since spygate is pretty weak! LOL! He sounded exactly the same way my gardner would put up a debate. Redundant gibberish! LOL!

I would have expected more from a radio host. I was waiting for the "destroys a Patriots prank caller" part but all I heard was weak sauce the entire time. Name calling isn't considered "destroying" in my book. It was fun in the 3rd grade but it gets old once you reach puberty.

What's so weak about saying that NE can't win a SB without stealing sideline signals , plays and whatever else they figured out how to steal ? Fact is it's true.

Weaker than the prankster Fauria asserting the Colts aren't a good team?

You guys really are wound up? Come on it is us Bostonians that are supposed to be tight and have no sense of humor. It is just a football game you know. If you can't have fun this week, then when? You are IN the game to go the Super Bowl. Good times all around.

Yeah, that's how I view this whole thing. Prank or not; Talk is cheap. Buckle your chinstrap, lineup, & let's settle this on the field already. 

And always will be.  I now wish I had a radio show to slam on no it all Homers.  Nobody got punked here.  It was hilarious radio.

Dakich would not be afraid of doing that to Belichick himself.  Great great radio!!!   :)

I don't live in INDY, but I trust my Hoosier State Brother to tell me who to listen to & who to stay the hades away from. 

I can only attest that MY radiogirl is for real.  When you know as much about radio as she does, everybody in Indy knows you.

All she does is tell it like it is...just like the old LB.   :bossy:  :lecture:

I've never had the pleasure of meeting RG in person, but she is smart, funny as hades, & well respected on here. When she speaks, I listen. Enough said.  :thmup:

Greg Doyel on WEEI...

These * jump out of the gate getting all personal with Greg..

I guarantee Greg will see one of those "kids" somethime and let them know whta time of day it is.

The Pat fan is such a total ..-286224=68469284-002-

Really sad, I am glad I live in a market that is so respectful.       Go Colts

Greg.. &$&%   THOSE *^)^ HOLES.. . 

http://media.weei.com/a/100847158/gregg-doyel-on-patriots-colts-1-13-15.htm

god all mighty...   I Hate CHOWDAHEADS...    SO ARROGANT.   So Classy.. 

Go Colts... 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 18, 2015 - not approved
Hidden by Nadine, January 18, 2015 - not approved

Weaker than the prankster Fauria asserting the Colts aren't a good team?

I got to admit, Fauria was weak in his attempt at prank calling. With the experience I've had chewing out Cowboy fans down here in Texas (and a few other fans) in defense of the Patriots, I would have probably put Dakich to shame. And I mean 90% of my buddies down here are Cowboy fans! (The rest of us are Packers, Panthers, Eagles, and Patriots fans)

One of the weakest arguments ever to bring up is Spygate. Talk about current events, current match ups, current rosters, coz if Spygate is the only ammo you have to downplay the Patriots.. oh boy!!..my most favorite debate to throw back at the instigators. It always leaves the "spygate" callers silenced. It's easy to say "spygate", but not understanding spygate in it's entirety without any substance is downright going to backfire.

And what does the Colts winning a SB in 2006 and the Pats last SB 2004 have anything to do with the outcome of this Sundays game? Oh boy!!! I would have eaten this guy alive with that debate.

Again, he is a radio host. He should have at least acted intelligent enough to be one. I told my gardner yesterday that if he wanted to land another job, he could try applying as a radio host in Indianapolis.