Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LISTEN: INDY RADIO HOST DESTROYS PATRIOTS CALLER

mintor

He said that after the phone call ended didn't he? Dan isn't hard to prank

I wanted to add one last thing to this thread so people understand that it's not the host of the show that is to determine whether calls are legit or not.  Every live talk show host has a producer.  Sometimes 2.  It is the job of the producer to screen the call prior to passing it to the host.  They don't go straight live into the studio.  The producer talks with the caller and gets some info first prior to handing the call off.  Once the call has made it to the host, they are to treat it as a legit caller.  And, being on WEEI regularly; Christian knew that.  I'm sure he was a nice tame bostonian before they passed the call onto Dakich.  Clearly Dan began to pick up on the fact that it could be a prank call further into the call.  Just a little extra info to think about before you think Dan got "punked" or not.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ex-NFL TE Christian Fauria attempts to prank call radio host, gets schooled .... The prank caller is actually an X Pats player now bostom radio host?

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/01/16/new-england-patriots-christian-fauria-dan-dakich-prank-call

ROFL!!!

Did you even look....that is what ALL of these pages are about....Whatcha thinking son?  Hangover worn off yet.

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Just kidding on the hangover :)

It's sad if you consider that being punked. The guy doing the punking isn't the one leaving looking like a chump. That was a poor excuse for a punk/prank call. Good ones actually can come back with facts that get people of their game. Dakitch turned it completely around on him.

Agreed.  Fauria got owned and had a hard time recovering.....

I guess New Englanders aren't as arrogant as depicted in the article. They happen to be a very generous and humble crowd. Doyel interviewed Pats fans. What do you expect Pats fans to say? All of them answered as honestly as they can. I didn't see an ounce of arrogance. They were very generous in giving the Colts at least a 2 TD score.

This is so painful to listen to. Fauria is such an imbecile.

I've always stuck with 98.5 The Sports Hub here in Boston, and now I have another reason to stay away from WEEI.

I do wonder how long into the call his producer realized he was being trolled. And Dakich did make the super awkward transition from "super * off" to "it was probably just some New England radio host" pretty smoothly once the call was over and someone filled him in.

Edited by 21isSuperman

I wanted to add one last thing to this thread so people understand that it's not the host of the show that is to determine whether calls are legit or not.  Every live talk show host has a producer.  Sometimes 2.  It is the job of the producer to screen the call prior to passing it to the host.  They don't go straight live into the studio.  The producer talks with the caller and gets some info first prior to handing the call off.  Once the call has made it to the host, they are to treat it as a legit caller.  And, being on WEEI regularly; Christian knew that.  I'm sure he was a nice tame bostonian before they passed the call onto Dakich.  Clearly Dan began to pick up on the fact that it could be a prank call further into the call.  Just a little extra info to think about before you think Dan got "punked" or not.

I know that...and it was obvious immediately that it was a prank. From Foxborough...really?

I know that...and it was obvious immediately that it was a prank. From Foxborough...really?

I've never been one to call someone else a fool because some jerk decided to pretend to be someone else. When a persons profession witnesses them making prank phone calls, they might be in the wrong. 

Greg Doyel on WEEI...

These * jump out of the gate getting all personal with Greg..

I guarantee Greg will see one of those "kids" somethime and let them know whta time of day it is.

The Pat fan is such a total ..-286224=68469284-002-

Really sad, I am glad I live in a market that is so respectful.       Go Colts

Greg.. &$&%   THOSE *^)^ HOLES.. . 

http://media.weei.com/a/100847158/gregg-doyel-on-patriots-colts-1-13-15.htm

god all mighty...   I Hate CHOWDAHEADS...    SO ARROGANT.   So Classy.. 

Go Colts... 

These radio personalities certainly come across as smug. No doubt about it. I guess all their success since 2001 fosters that confidence, but the guy on the phone is doing you a favor by being polite & answering your questions & these on air sports radio hosts think it's funny to criticize Jim Irsay, the dilemma of relocating/selling a house, & picking up his son from school. And you only stopped interrupting him when he subscribed to your belief that Andrew Luck had to play lights out to win, TY was the only deep threat against NE, & the Broncos didn't count as a victory for INDY since it was against Peyton & Talib sucks since he's no longer on the Patriots team. 

Are you bleeping kidding me? Then, after he hangs up, these radio hosts claim he's messed up in the head? Open mouth insert foot apparently. Sad just sad. 

True genius...or maybe.....

2013-real-estate-crystal-ball.jpg

Read what she said and respond accordingly.  You did NOT know THAT!  Foxboro.  Spell-check.

Um, yes....I already knew radios shows have screeners. It's not exactly a big secret. But thanks for informing me about what I do and do not know.

And what a zing by you, I misspelled foxborough. Then again, my expectations for you are pretty low.

I've never been one to call someone else a fool because some jerk decided to pretend to be someone else. When a persons profession witnesses them making prank phone calls, they might be in the wrong.

That's fine. It's not like I'm killing Dakich because he got pranked, it's not a big deal.....just slightly funny because he didn't pickup on it.

Sounds like you have a gift for getting your panties in a wad for no reason. It was a silly prank....big deal.

I said all along it was a silly prank.  And, good radio.  You are the one judging people for not having the all-knowing insight you have.  And, my panties are fine.  Thank you.

Um, yes....I already knew radios shows have screeners. It's not exactly a big secret. But thanks for informing me about what I do and do not know.

And what a zing by you, I misspelled foxborough. Then again, my expectations for you are pretty low.

You poke at things Colts/Indianapolis and then you don't like it when people come back at you.  Please take note of the large horseshoe logo at the top when you log onto this forum.  I said it before, you get back what you put out. And, he did pick up on it.  He was saying "I don't know if this is a prank or what...."  But, it is his job to take the call as legit when it gets to him.  But, you're the real expert here.  So, we can end this here.

I said all along it was a silly prank.  And, good radio.  You are the one judging people for not having the all-knowing insight you have.  And, my panties are fine.  Thank you.

Good god, why are you being so snarky? You honestly believe I'm on here bragging about my stunning abilities to recognize a prank caller to belittle a radio host? I think Dan will survive my scathing critique of his prank radar.

You poke at things Colts/Indianapolis and then you don't like it when people come back at you.  Please take note of the large horseshoe logo at the top when you log onto this forum.  I said it before, you get back what you put out. And, he did pick up on it.  He was saying "I don't know if this is a prank or what...."  But, it is his job to take the call as legit when it gets to him.  But, you're the real expert here.  So, we can end this here.

What are you talking about? I said dan was a jerk...how is that taking a swipe at Indy and the colts? I grew up in Indiana, have lived here a good chunk of my life and love the Colts....so I don't know how you got that impression. But hey, keep up the snark if that's your thing.

What are you talking about? I said dan was a jerk...how is that taking a swipe at Indy and the colts? I grew up in Indiana, have lived here a good chunk of my life and love the Colts....so I don't know how you got that impression. But hey, keep up the snark if that's your thing.

Go back to being a BOTT-OMFEEDER.  I did not know Blood on the Tracks was an ''' like this.  Your comments are unacceptable.  Quit messing around. 

I felt like you were going along with the "gee, Dan got punked from the Pats."  He didn't.  I'm not a big Dakich fan.  But, I'm even less of a "let's show Indy radio hosts they're clueless" fan.  Pretend you're somebody else on a live call and show your rear.  Then poke at the host.  I just think it's lame.

Go back to being a BOTT-OMFEEDER.  I did not know Blood on the Tracks was an ''' like this.  Your comments are unacceptable.  Quit messing around.

What was unacceptable? Living in Indiana and being a colts fan? What part of that quote offended you? And please spare me with your lame attempt at humor.

I felt like you were going along with the "gee, Dan got punked from the Pats."  He didn't.  I'm not a big Dakich fan.  But, I'm even less of a "let's show Indy radio hosts they're clueless" fan.  Pretend you're somebody else on a live call and show your rear.  Then poke at the host.  I just think it's lame.

Fair enough. I didn't mean it that way...or at least that seriously.

What was unacceptable? Living in Indiana and being a colts fan? What part of that quote offended you? And please spare me with your lame attempt at humor.

Nothing I say is lame.  I am going to stop typing since I know that it is you now.  The BOTT was not familiar.  I now know you ARE a Colts fan.

I would have preferred an outcome where the Pats fan destroyed the Indy radio host and then the Colts had destroyed the Patriots.

Yeah, I wanted a victory over NE too, but they took us out behind the woodshed & dominated us so the Patriots get the right to brag & toot their horn as much as they want to. 

For the record, GP, AMF, FE, Yehoodi, VL, Dynasty13, JM51, IWF, & Snowglobe etc. all NE fans have always been polite, knowledgable about football, & they have a great sense of humor toward me anyway. 

I guess what I'm saying is this: There are cool, laid back fans in Foxboro; They are not all universal jerks.