Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

31 of 44, 376 yards

oldunclemark

over 90 yards a quarter...over 11 yards a completion..

...we get so used to it that we talk about all the other aspects of the game and as they say 'bury the lead'

I would say that Luck is the most difficult player to defend in the entire NFL.

....all I can say is...

..record every game you can.....you might want to watch them again...

.....we don't know exactly what we're seeing the start of

At one point during the game, he was 9/10 for completions.  This was against the same defense that gave Peyton fits.  I thought the gameplan was very good.  We took a few deep shots early to show our aggressiveness.  We were really close with connecting on them, so I felt like it was just a matter of time.  We made the smart play and took what the defense gave.  If we could clean up those drops, this offense could have dropped 40 today

Luck played pretty good today, but it was the bengals... Hopefully it is the start of something special. I believe luck can overcome the p.o.s team grigs has assembled

I hope you're not serious.  Remember when we were 2-14 the year before Grigs came on? It's not like he inherited a pile of gold. 

For the record, the Bengals were 6th in NFL in rushing this year and were averaging 4.4 yards/carry -- we held them to 3.3 yards/carry today and held them well below their season average for total yards. 

Luck was terrific today, but it was a team effort.  The D played very well for the most part and Vinatieri and special teams did their part, too.

Grigs has given Luck plenty of weapons (TY, Moncrief, Fleener, Allen, Nicks, etc.) and today our line played well enough to give Luck time to throw.  We're far from a p.o.s. team.

Luck played pretty good today, but it was the bengals... Hopefully it is the start of something special. I believe luck can overcome the p.o.s team grigs has assembled

Jerry..let me put it this way..

Andrew Luck is very, very similar to John Elway..who many people know ony as the GM of the Broncos.

Elway led his team to 5 Super Bowls....he only won 2 but he took his team to FIVE....

..and you know what.. Luck is bigger, stronger and faster than Elway..

There's 10 over=-30 QBs in the NFL because teams cant find new ones..

We have a guy performing at a very, very high level.at a very young age....I'm just saying: Don't miss it.

We could be about to see something we've never seen

The same Bengals that befuddled the team we're about to play next you mean?

I hope you're not serious.  Remember when we were 2-14 the year before Grigs came on? It's not like he inherited a pile of gold. 

For the record, the Bengals were 6th in NFL in rushing this year and were averaging 4.4 yards/carry -- we held them to 3.3 yards/carry today and held them well below their season average for total yards. 

Luck was terrific today, but it was a team effort.  The D played very well for the most part and Vinatieri and special teams did their part, too.

Grigs has given Luck plenty of weapons (TY, Moncrief, Fleener, Allen, Nicks, etc.) and today our line played well enough to give Luck time to throw.  We're far from a * team.

No aj green and andy. It was obvious they were going to run. Grigs has done some really stupid things since hes been here. I have seen Indys qb been given weapons before. And we wasted 12 years thinking that we would be the anomaly team that could win with a porus defense. i WONT fall for that again

Jerry..let me put it this way..

Andrew Luck is very, very similar to John Elway..who many people know ony as the GM of the Broncos.

Elway led his team to 5 Super Bowls....he only won 2 but he took his team to FIVE....

..and you know what.. Luck is bigger, stronger and faster than Elway..

There's 10 over=-30 QBs in the NFL because teams cant find new ones..

We have a guy performing at a very, very high level.at a very young age....I'm just saying: Don't miss it.

We could be about to see something we've never seen

I agree with you completely that is why I liked your post good sir. If one guy can over come having a str8 dookie offensive line and a defense that couldnt hold the 40 year old virgin back from scoring it is Andrew. No question. I know we have some super bowls in our future.

I agree with you completely that is why I liked your post good sir. If one guy can over come having a str8 dookie offensive line and a defense that couldnt hold the 40 year old virgin back from scoring it is Andrew. No question. I know we have some super bowls in our future.

Funny Indy defense was ranked 11th. And newsflash AJ green wasnt changing the result of this game. And dont expect much from D. Thomas next week. Now J. Thomas is another issue entirely. But to pretend out D is crap is horsedookie.

Funny Indy defense was ranked 11th. And newsflash AJ green wasnt changing the result of this game. And dont expect much from D. Thomas next week. Now J. Thomas is another issue entirely. But to pretend out D is crap is horsedookie.

our d is trash, bro. maybe its hard to see from Mars Hill

Ummmm. You're crazy.

Sure this entire team is jekyll and hyde, but the D is far from "trash".

i mean it looks good on paper when we play tom savage and blake bortles, but when it comes time to play a team thats legit they show their true colors. and the result is always trash. not just your normal trash, but the type you gotta take out to the garage before the bag is even full because it smells so bad. that type of trash. deceiving trash i guess you could say

All those stats are great but I am impressed most by his zero turnovers. He took his check downs and even ate the football when he needed to. That's what I want to continue to see more of from him.

I know what you're saying C-Man but the turnover thing doesn't bother me..zero turnovers doesn't impress me.

He does things no one else can do..and I think us Colts fans get used to it...

...Against a real defense...he just did whatever he wanted in the single-elimination post-season game...where the only thing that

matters is who wins and who loses...

I overanalyze all these games, too, but sometimes we should just look at the bottom line and who has gotten us there 35 times in the last 52 games...

i mean it looks good on paper when we play tom savage and blake bortles, but when it comes time to play a team thats legit they show their true colors. and the result is always trash. not just your normal trash, but the type you gotta take out to the garage before the bag is even full because it smells so bad. that type of trash. deceiving trash i guess you could say

You mean like shutting out a playoff team for three of the four halves we played against them this season? 

I'll freely admit the defense isn't perfect and has it's issues against top level QBs but most defenses have issues against top level QBs.  This defense isn't the best defense in the league but it's not trash either. 

No aj green and andy. It was obvious they were going to run. Grigs has done some really stupid things since hes been here. I have seen Indys qb been given weapons before. And we wasted 12 years thinking that we would be the anomaly team that could win with a porus defense. i WONT fall for that again

And we're on year 3 of a complete overhaul and have made the playoffs all 3 of those years after going 2-14 the year before the overhaul began. 

Grigs has done a very good job in his 3 years.  He realizes we need a D and an OL to be successful and he's actively addressed it. 

We completely changed our roster since he started, as our D before was way worse and had very few players who could fit into the new scheme.  My comment was to address your comment "the p. o.s. team Grigs has assembled".  We're still building this monster and sure we (like every other team in league) have room for improvement, but to call out Grigs is unfair -- he should be commended for being handed a p. o.s. and turning it into a winner.

over 90 yards a quarter...over 11 yards a completion..

...we get so used to it that we talk about all the other aspects of the game and as they say 'bury the lead'

I would say that Luck is the most difficult player to defend in the entire NFL.

....all I can say is...

..record every game you can.....you might want to watch them again...

.....we don't know exactly what we're seeing the start of

Thats why I have most of the games Peyton Manning played on tape.  The GOAT

19 years of premier quarterbacking for the Colts with a whole of more years to come(but there should be more than one SB trophy on display.) Throw in Bert Jones and Johnny Unitas and one might have to say the Coltsown the cream of the crop in the history books. Not too shabby.

The same Bengals that befuddled the team we're about to play next you mean?

The team with a sick and injured quarterback in a game that was almost guaranteed to be meaningless since they'd already won the division?  People are reading way too much into the Denver-Bengals loss.

Denver always boners a late season game.  It's a tradition that goes back to at least 1998 where they lost to the miserable Giants (that didn't even make the playoffs) and then went on to win the Superbowl.

The team with a sick and injured quarterback in a game that was almost guaranteed to be meaningless since they'd already won the division? People are reading way too much into the Denver-Bengals loss.

Denver always boners a late season game. It's a tradition that goes back to at least 1998 where they lost to the miserable Giants (that didn't even make the playoffs) and then went on to win the Superbowl.

Oh are we talking "tradition" then?

Okay well Peyton has this little "tradition" of going one and done in the playoffs. So I guess that's a guarantee since its "tradition" right?

Now I'm even less worried!!! Thanks guy!!!!!!