Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Not Us? [Merge]

COLTSFAN12to13

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but a lot of teams step up in the playoffs and it seems you guys don't have a "why not us" mentality.

Anyway, I'm tired of arguing. I'm sick as a dog and you're getting me worked up.

Let's just agree we will root for the same team come Sunday afternoon.

Sorry to hear you're ill. Hope you get better. We'll all be very much emotionally invested in the game this weekend, we all want the same thing. If .....IF we get beaten (badly), I won't be running to this board to exclaim "I told you so". Sadly, some people will. 

We're all just guessing, that's all we can do. Looking at the schizo performances we've seen from the 2014 Colts, it's all we can do. 

Have you actually looked at the teams we've beaten? Baltimore, Houston and Cincinnati are the only winning teams we've taken out. The rest were all losers. Our division isn't challenging at all. Which says a lot about us. We're damn good, but when lined up against true playoff caliber teams (non-wildcard), we've lost every time. 

All that being said, I feel really good about our chances. Heck, we may even pull off a win against NE if we don't screw up 20 times in a game. Which is the crux of why so many fans are nervous/negative. We've seen this team screw up so much in 2014, they make a TON of mistakes. 

Im aware of who weve beaten/lost to and the margin of defeat, but NE only has 1 more win and they've been blown out by KC (not a playoff team), Miami, Buffalo, and almost lost to the Jets 2x, yet from that perspective (that nobody sees) they're still the #1 team?  It's all about how you wanna look at it, I guess.  I really like our chances against Cin, for one we beat up on them real bad.  NE game will surprise people.  If the Colts do lose in Foxboro, I think it will be close, but I wouldn't shock me if they pulled a quick one on NE and upset them.

An honest opinion is an honest opinion. You expect people to lie to themselves and each other as part of your quasi-religious faith based outlook toward pro sports? 

Fact; The 2014 Colts disappointed. They underachieved. This has an effect on fan confidence going forward. 

All that being said, we're facing the Bengals in round 1, and we have some solid reasons to believe we can and will win this thing. Beyond that, going to Gillette, do NOT expect fan confidence to be at an all time high. 

bingo.gif

What if the colts Pulled of a trip to the Superbowl...What would be your  :edit:  reaction? 90% of the people on this forum think that the Colts are ONE AND DONE BEFORE the playoffs even started. What if we win 3 straight games and reach the SB? Are the colts still soft? Are they still inconsistent? 

Honestly fans are supposed to support their team and hope for the best. Not bash the team, the players, and the coaches around like rag dolls. Smh. We have 3 straight seasons of 11 wins and 3 straight playoff appearances. APPRECIATE IT. I DONT CARE WHAT DIVISION WE ARE IN. Every team is good enough to beat the top dogs.

Just sit back, STHU and watch the Colts train rolll :fb:  :blueshoe:  :number1:

Nice if we do,but the way we are playing at this given time not probable! Just looking at the facts!

I don't care what anyone says, this team is very capable of making a run... In-fact ANY TEAM can make a run... Yes including Carolina! Anyone who has watched the NFL for more than 2 years should be able to tell you any team in the post-season is a threat, ANYONE.

Now, onto this team. We have an explosive offense when they are flowing together, Fleener has come into his own this season, T.Y. is one of the premier receivers in the league, Luck is a stud, and Boom has also managed to get nearly a 5 ypc average when he has played. 

As for the defense, we aren't horrible, we aren't elite, but we are a solid defense. Very, very capable of playing good football. Davis is one of the top defensive players in the NFL, Adams had one of the top years of any safety, we got a good corner group, and our weakness was the run...... Guess who else struggled against the run all year.... (2006 team)

Do we have errors and faults as a team? Yes, but in the playoffs its about who gets hot! Are we the best team on paper? No, but does the best team on paper win it every season? You are kidding yourself if you think so. This team isn't done, and I am saying right now it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if this team made it to the big one. 

It all starts with Cincinnati on Sunday...

I don't care what anyone says, this team is very capable of making a run... In-fact ANY TEAM can make a run... Yes including Carolina! Anyone who has watched the NFL for more than 2 years should be able to tell you any team in the post-season is a threat, ANYONE.

Now, onto this team. We have an explosive offense when they are flowing together, Fleener has come into his own this season, T.Y. is one of the premier receivers in the league, Luck is a stud, and Boom has also managed to get nearly a 5 ypc average when he has played. 

As for the defense, we aren't horrible, we aren't elite, but we are a solid defense. Very, very capable of playing good football. Davis is one of the top defensive players in the NFL, Adams had one of the top years of any safety, we got a good corner group, and our weakness was the run...... Guess who else struggled against the run all year.... (2006 team)

Do we have errors and faults as a team? Yes, but in the playoffs its about who gets hot! Are we the best team on paper? No, but does the best team on paper win it every season? You are kidding yourself if you think so. This team isn't done, and I am saying right now it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if this team made it to the big one. 

It all starts with Cincinnati on Sunday...

How dare you to start a positive thread!!! :goodluck: