Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon Suspended for Last Game of the Season....

NewColtsFan

Well....

It's the first story over at ESPN.com

And it's the first story over at NFL.com

And,  apparently, no one here reads those websites and posted this here....

But Cleveland has suspended troubled WR Josh Gordon.    They're not saying why,  at least,  not yet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12083760/josh-gordon-suspended-cleveland-browns-season-finale

I heard, I know many will think its some big deal....Personally I've just expected it to be a recurring theme from Gordon, Great talent but 10 cent head, Personally if I am them I try to trade him and get me a #1 wr in the draft. Some people are simply just not good people and don't want to be helped http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/johnny_manziel_josh_gordon_bot.html

I found the above article giving some additional information on Manziel as well

I heard, I know many will think its some big deal....Personally I've just expected it to be a recurring theme from Gordon, Great talent but 10 cent head, Personally if I am them I try to trade him and get me a #1 wr in the draft. Some people are simply just not good people and don't want to be helped http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/johnny_manziel_josh_gordon_bot.html

I found the above article giving some additional information on Manziel as well

Its not that he's not a good person, he probably is. It just takes some guys longer to grow up and figure things out. He's done some really dumb things but nothing any worse than most other young guys.

They did this so he didn't accure a full year on his contract. Scummy move by the Browns.

I agree. What this does is make him a restricted free agent instead of unrestricted free agent since he needs 6 full games for it to be considered a full accrued season. He had 5.

* move by Browns.

yep...  I agree..  Johnny 8ball.. .  lhhehehheheehee

puts it all in perspective... 

Or do the Browns deserve him?

They were dumb enough to draft Johnny 8ball. Want to talk about behavior issues, there you go. Most arrogant jock in the league right now.

Well....

It's the first story over at ESPN.com

And it's the first story over at NFL.com

And,  apparently, no one here reads those websites and posted this here....

But Cleveland has suspended troubled WR Josh Gordon.    They're not saying why,  at least,  not yet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12083760/josh-gordon-suspended-cleveland-browns-season-finale

IT keeps him from playing in 6 games so he is a RFA not an URFA. He was late for a meeting or something. He didn't accrue the 6 games needed to become an URFA

Colts will trade their first round next year for Josh Gordon!

Do we look like the Washington Redskins? Ah, hades no. Our owner doesn't make foolish trades that sets our franchise back 7-10 years. Nice try though IWF.  haha  We learn from our Trent Richardson trade blunders. 

They kept him from becoming an  URFA

Did the Browns do that or did JG do that to himself? I can remember when Belichick  sat Gray for being late to a practice. I didn't hear or see much backlash about that. (only the fantasy football players) He broke teams rules. So should he get a pass for that?

Did the Browns do that or did JG do that to himself? I can remember when Belichick  sat Gray for being late to a practice. I didn't hear or see much backlash about that. (only the fantasy football players) He broke teams rules. So should he get a pass for that?

Bill did not suspend Gray. He was active for the next game vs Detroit but did not play. BUT Gordon has a ridiculous history so he is on a much tighter leash than a newbie like Gray.

Its amazing how some are implying that the Browns did something wrong...that they conceived an idea to keep Gordon from being an UFA.

Apparently, the guy is the only one who didn't show up for the walk-through, and yet, the Browns management staff targeted Gordon for unfairness.

I swear, some people must go through life choosing to see things in a way that blames an establishment for every problem a person has.

Here's some more........

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Josh Gordon is viewed as a "perpetual problem" inside the Browns' organization and "has to go."

Let the pile-on begin. The Gordon bashers have come out in full force the past month, and it's now coming to a head after the team suspended him for the season finale because he missed Saturday's walkthrough. Words like "former star" and "habitually late" were also mentioned in the CBS piece. The Browns put up with Gordon's problems when he posted one of the best seasons in NFL history last season, but now that their season has collapsed in front of them, it's time to throw blame wherever. And Gordon and Johnny Manziel are the ones receiving it. The Browns have been an historically-bad organization for years now. They'd be dumb to dump Gordon. But it appears a split may be coming.

The La Canfora "report" is dripping with the kind of opinion that keeps a lot of his followers following.....

But the facts of the situation suggest that Gordon attended a late night party that Maziel was having, during the season of course, which accounts for the tardiness and subsequent suspension...and the idea that Gordon contributes to an unprofessional atmosphere.

They did this so he didn't accure a full year on his contract. Scummy move by the Browns.

Gordon's own actions gets him suspended for 10 games to begin the year.  Then all he has to do is stay clean the last 6 to get his accrued season and he fails to do so by not showing up for work the next day after going to a party the night before.  And it is a scummy move to punish that?  Gordon brought it on himself, and I bet the team has plenty of other incidents (unreported) where he did so before, to counter any appeal.  His own actions took him from restricted free agent status and millions of dollars.  He did not properly complete his 3rd season for his club that allows it to count.  Because of Gordon, not the Browns.

If Gordon was in the organizations good graces, they would have punished him by making him inactive which still punishes him but would allow his RFA status.  It will be interesting to watch this story unfold.

Yeah your right. I just seen on the bottom of ESPN where he will only be a RFA instead of an UFA.

How can this be?  You need 3 full years (minimum 6 games on active/inactive roster) to be RFA, and 4 for unrestricted.  Did not Gordon begin his career with the Browns in 2012 after being selected in round 2 in the supplemental draft?  I think Gordon loses RFA status and thus cannot shop his services at all next season.  At least for the moment.

So let me get this straight.

College:

Kicked from 2 different schools for drug violations.

Pro:

Suspended 2 games last year for his 3rd violation in 2 seasons. He was suspended a full season to which they literally changed the rule book to allow him to play. 

Then when he comes back, he is dogging it all over the field, missing meetings, partying and missed a walk through....A WALK THROUGH! You literally just walk through the game plan! You don't even need to be sober for it.

He is hanging out with Manziel and Gilbert, how he is obviously having a GREAT influence on them as they are also suspended. 

and yet the Browns are scummy for trying to hedge their bets and MAYBE get something out of him?

# Josh Gordon, he is a cancer, he is this generations Terrell Owens, minus TO's work ethic. He is the scum. Not the Browns for making a smart move and doing whatever they can to help him while trying to make the best moves for the organization.