Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Luck Be Injured?

King Colt

He didn't look horrendous but he didn't look good. That being said he got the snot knocked out of him again all game, more often then not it seemed like he was on the ground after the play was over.

I'd say overall it was a bad game for him.

A win is a win however.

I don't think he neccesarily looked injured perse.

He didn't look horrendous but he didn't look good. That being said he got the snot knocked out of him again all game, more often then not it seemed like he was on the ground after the play was over.

A win is a win however.

The o-line has been awful lately if they don't fix that there going to get luck hurt and another thing yes todays pick 6 was on luck but the o-line has a lot to do with these turnovers.

He doesn't appear to be hurt from what I see. He had a couple long runs for first downs today, looked good there. Our receivers couldn't get any separation today, that was pretty evident. As well as the Oline struggling, but that's every week pretty much.

I was at game. He does not look injured. Offensive line is a big issue in terms of pass protection and generating consistent run game.  Today, I thought that there were some plays where Texans got away with pass interference calls that were not made.  He ran well when he left the pocket so I do not think that he is hiding an injury.

I don't think he's been injured, but severely handicapped by Pep's play calling. We threw the ball 34 times and ran the ball only 13 times until the 4th quarter, where we finally decided to run and took control of the clock.

This pass/run ratio bothers me. I understand if we want to win games, we need to heavily pass, but to protect the QB, we NEED a run game, at least for next season. The Patriots are seeing the importance of this for the playoffs, and to protect Brady as he gets older. So should we. The Broncos and Patriots proved against their respective Superbowl opponents (Seahawks and Giants) that a pass exclusive offense does NOT work in the Superbowl. It's too loud and there's too much excitement. If we're serious about winning the big game, we need to get at least decent at running the ball (eventually).

Luck needs to work on quickening his delivery. He's got the athleticism, the arm strength, the accuracy, the intelligence, the clutch gene... The one thing he doesn't have is a quick release, it's maybe average, certainly not any better than average. When your protection is a bit soft as a quarterback, you need to get the ball out a little quicker. Luck also has to be more careful with the football.

It's not just him though. For all the praise the pass catchers on this team get, and obviously they are good, those guys really have to play better too. The pick 6 was a miscommunication between Luck and Fleener (don't know who's fault it was) but things like Reggie fumbling today and having about 5 drops vs Cleveland are going to kill us in the  playoffs against good teams. 

He has been hit MORE than any QB in the NFL the last 3 years...  But he also stands in the pocket tougher than ANY QB also...

a double edged sword......

This team really needs to address the OL.....     AND get it through to AL that giving up every now and again is not all bad..

JMO   I don't think the staff is helping him a lot with some roster decisions...  but..  what is one going to do?

I had to listen to the game on the radio and only part of it but after the win (yes, another win)the Texas radio guys were pondering the question of his health related to his performance So how did #12 look to that watched the game?

I think there was one point in the game where the announcers said they spoke to Luck and he told them that he hasn't felt this good so late in a season ever before in his career. I don't think he's injured

That's exactly what I came here to post. I think that rules out any injury talk.

Hey looked fine.  Texans secondary did a great job not letting guys get open.  I am sure Luck is feeling all the passes and hits he has taken this season, he would have to be super human not to but at the sametime I think that's par for the course for a NFL QB at this point in the season. 

I had to listen to the game on the radio and only part of it but after the win (yes, another win)the Texas radio guys were pondering the question of his health related to his performance So how did #12 look to that watched the game?

He has been mentally different since Dick LeBeau`s D beat him to Pulp.

I don't believe he's injured, but I'm guessing after chucking the ball almost 40x over the last 5 games that has got to be taxing on his arm. I remember one game he had a sleeve over his elbow.

Again, not saying he's injured but the poor guy is having to make up for our barely existent run game. 

I don't think he's been injured, but severely handicapped by Pep's play calling. We threw the ball 34 times and ran the ball only 13 times until the 4th quarter, where we finally decided to run and took control of the clock.

Peps play calling? Colts ranked 2nd in the NFL in offense. Explain please. I would like to know how a team that's #2 in offense is hampered by the OC.

I don't believe he's injured, but I'm guessing after chucking the ball almost 40x over the last 5 games that has got to be taxing on his arm. I remember one game he had a sleeve over his elbow.

Again, not saying he's injured but the poor guy is having to make up for our barely existent run game. 

I hear ya man. Luck is being asked to throw way too much a recipe for disaster in the Playoffs. I'm pleased with Boom, but if INDY doesn't get either some semblance of either a ground game or a screen game for balance we are in dire straights. I was not happy over how much the Colts threw the ball vs the Texans at all almost as if running is an after thought. 

He has been hit MORE than any QB in the NFL the last 3 years...  But he also stands in the pocket tougher than ANY QB also...

a double edged sword......

This team really needs to address the OL.....     AND get it through to AL that giving up every now and again is not all bad..

JMO   I don't think the staff is helping him a lot with some roster decisions...  but..  what is one going to do?

Luck is still being rushed too much & forced to leave the pocket too often. He has very little time to survey the field & he is be coerced to make too many plays with his legs. 

I wanna win games outside our division & the way NE mopped the floor with us the oline needs vast improvement. I know Superman said previously that we have been drafting lineman the past 3 drafts, but something is off because against elite teams like NE or Seattle Luck has no time to survey the field because he's running for his life. 

We have to find a way to protect Luck in the pocket & I realize that losing Bradshaw didn't help, but if NE can run effectively & INDY can't we are so screwed. To quote Sun Tzu, "Every battle is won before it is ever fought" & if we can't run, our dreams of a deep playoffs run is over before it even starts. 

I hear ya man. Luck is being asked to throw way too much a recipe for disaster in the Playoffs. I'm pleased with Boom, but if INDY doesn't get either some semblance of either a ground game or a screen game for balance we are in dire straights. I was not happy over how much the Colts threw the ball vs the Texans at all almost as if running is an after thought. 

I most definitely want to see (and have been screaming for) more throws to RB's out of the backfield. 

Trent had a monster catch and a great run after the catch against Texans. We have got to use him in the passing game more. 

Vinturi nails it...      AL is making bad decisions...  but,  in Indy's BASE O Wayne, TY, Fleener, Allen, and TR...    this team has ONE player on the field in skill positions that scare anyone.      TY.     Indy is playing with one true threat, and 3 TE's    and V said it "Reggie runs like a TE" .. LOL    and he is not catching the ball, ....    but still is there?

He calls it like it is....    MONCRIEF HAS TO PLAY OVER REGGIE.....   Period.    D's are smothering this O.     When Reggie and Nicks are in the game.  

This staff is trying to keep players happy instead of trying to win games.

A win is a win however.

Peps play calling? Colts ranked 2nd in the NFL in offense. Explain please. I would like to know how a team that's #2 in offense is hampered by the OC.

Just because the Colts are ranked #2 doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. We are ranked #2 because we are such a good passing team. We have the potential to be a good running team, but we hardly run the ball. Much room for improvement there.

This year's Colts team reminds me very much of the past Detroit Lions team. Matthew Stafford threw for over 40 TDs and 5000+ yards, and the Lion's had one of the league's top offenses. yet no one was scared of them because they were extremely one-sided on offense.

Just because the Colts are ranked #2 doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. We are ranked #2 because we are such a good passing team. We have the potential to be a good running team, but we hardly run the ball. Much room for improvement there.

This year's Colts team reminds me very much of the past Detroit Lions team. Matthew Stafford threw for over 40 TDs and 5000+ yards, and the Lion's had one of the league's top offenses. yet no one was scared of them because they were extremely one-sided on offense.

There is always room for improvements. It seems there a lot of arm chair coaches who think they know better than the real ones IMO. Pep is well thought of in the real NFL world. Even the announcers prop him up during the games. Sometimes Pep gets criticized for things he can't control. The lack of a decent offensive line for one thing. Maybe after the next draft some of those holes can be filled and we will see more screens and better run blocking. Lord knows Luck could use some better protection.

There is always room for improvements. It seems there a lot of arm chair coaches who think they know better than the real ones IMO. Pep is well thought of in the real NFL world. Even the announcers prop him up during the games. Sometimes Pep gets criticized for things he can't control. The lack of a decent offensive line for one thing. Maybe after the next draft some of those holes can be filled and we will see more screens and better run blocking. Lord knows Luck could use some better protection.

I agree with there being too many armchair coaches who think they know better than the real coaches.

I worked at Stanford for two years when Pep was there and when Luck was a Junior and Senior. I think Pep is a good coach and was excited when he was selected to coach the Colts. But that doesn't mean that I/we cannot be critical of Pep.

I do not think that I can do a better job, but I do think that he can. And I hope that the Colts can get closer to a balanced attack. Of course, with Luck, we should be a pass first team, but in my opinion, we need to also run more than we have been.