Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gronkowski man handled Sergio and Adams.....

needanoline63

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2014 - skirty profanity filter- warned 1 pt
Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2014 - skirty profanity filter- warned 1 pt

How many catches and yards did Gronk have, when the game was not settled?  Maybe Sergio was jabbering because he actually was covering Gronk, and Gronk reacted like a ussy would when getting shut down all night long.

Congrats, he beat Sergio when blocking on that on that run play.

Of course, Jack Doyle probably would have done just as well.  And not lost his cool.

I think Sergio Brown was the one who gave Gronk his forearm injury while blocking for a FG in 2012. That is what he was talking about "I put the straps on him" and probably was reminding Gronk of it and Gronk had enough. Besides, Gronk's number was not called enough in the passing game, IMO and more in the blocking game.

The most disappointing thing was that there wasn't a Colt in sight not a single teammate to take a shot at Gronk to stick up for a Sergio. We play like a bunch of chumps there should have been 10 Colts on him. If Sergio was my teammate there would have been another flag on the field and there should have been last night soft bunch

The most disappointing thing was that there wasn't a Colt in sight not a single teammate to take a shot at Gronk to stick up for a Sergio. We play like a bunch of chumps there should have been 10 Colts on him. If Sergio was my teammate there would have been another flag on the field and there should have been last night soft bunch

Agree. But nobody stands up for Luck after a d lineman cheap shots him either. We play like a bunch of softies.

Gronk's stat line: 4 Receptions, 71 yards (26 of which came on the scoring play). That's not a man-handling at all.

He had 149 yards and 3 TD's against Chicago, and 105 yards and a TD against Denver.

Lots of uninformed posts in here.

Agree. But nobody stands up for Luck after a d lineman cheap shots him either. We play like a bunch of softies.

I was going to add that about the Pittsburgh game. They let them hit him late go low no one does a thing.

We are soft. How no one on the entire D put a helmet on Gronk is an embarrassment and a pretty good insight to what is wrong when we play not good teams but teams with a mean streak.

I was going to add that about the Pittsburgh game. They let them hit him late go low no one does a thing.

We are soft. How no one on the entire D put a helmet on Gronk is an embarrassment and a pretty good insight to what is wrong when we play not good teams but teams with a mean streak.

There's a difference between being "soft" and being "dirty". I'm all for someone knocking the crap out of Gronk in a legal fashion if we play the Patriots again. I'm also for getting in a guys face to let him know that you absolutely do not hit Luck late. I don't want a team of hot heads that draw flags because they are trying to be macho.

There's a difference between being "soft" and being "dirty". I'm all for someone knocking the crap out of Gronk in a legal fashion if we play the Patriots again. I'm also for getting in a guys face to let him know that you absolutely do not hit Luck late. I don't want a team of hot heads that draw flags because they are trying to be macho.

Gronk's play was dirty it was on the smallest guy on our D for no one to stick up for Sergio is an embarrassment.  It's not dirty it's called having your guys back. We are soft watch the game.

Gronk's play was dirty it was on the smallest guy on our D for no one to stick up for Sergio is an embarrassment.  It's not dirty it's called having your guys back. We are soft watch the game.

I did watch the game so bring down the bass just a bit there Alaska.  I agree you should have your teammates back, and I absolutely agree Gronk's play was dirty. I think you should reread my post. I'm fine with them letting Gronk know what he did wasn't cool or acceptable. I just don't want someone to pull a Tonya Harding on Gronk. Not that you implied that, just reiterating my point.

I did watch the game so bring down the bass just a bit there Alaska.  I agree you should have your teammates back, and I absolutely agree Gronk's play was dirty. I think you should reread my post. I'm fine with them letting Gronk know what he did wasn't cool or acceptable. I just don't want someone to pull a Tonya Harding on Gronk. Not that you implied that, just reiterating my point.

I didn't say anything dirty taking out a knee or some crap on the next series. Handle it right then and there but they let the guy walk off the field laughing after he continued to hit one of our guys 15 yards off the field well after the whistle to me that doesn't fly probably different era's of football we are accustomed too.  

Gronk does make me laugh. He's like the Energizer Bunny on speed. The dude's unstoppable. His only weakness is a dance floor.  haha

I had no problem with how he just bulldozed his way into the endzone. His tenacity & grit to score was very impressive. You're not gonna prevent him from scoring. Your only hope is to hold other guys like Edelman in check. 

If Rob was wearing a Colts uniform & working for us, we'd all hail him as a folk hero & beloved son too. 

Gronk's stat line: 4 Receptions, 71 yards (26 of which came on the scoring play). That's not a man-handling at all.

He had 149 yards and 3 TD's against Chicago, and 105 yards and a TD against Denver.

Anybody who thinks gronk was shut down is the uniformed one. They didn't throw it to gronk alot because they didn't need to throw it to gronk alot. Gronk was blocking the whole day and the run game was running wild. If you think gronk didn't have better numbers because he was "shut down" then you didn't watch the game. Its pretty much that simple.

You left out that he was only targeted 5 times which means he caught a pass on 80 percent of the passes that Brady threw his way including the TD play where he just ran rough shod over our entire defense. I mean come on. I can't believe this guy thinks he had a good game when Gronk was pancaking us all day in the run game and when he did go out for a pass, he converted them.

You left out that he was only targeted 5 times which means he caught a pass on 80 percent of the passes that Brady threw his way including the TD play where he just ran rough shod over our entire defense. I mean come on. I can't believe this guy thinks he had a good game when Gronk was pancaking us all day in the run game and when he did go out for a pass, he converted them.

Well twist it how you want it. Gronk didn't have a huge receiving day.

Well twist it how you want it. Gronk didn't have a huge receiving day.

Twist what? He didn't go out for passes. That was not the plan. He had the second most targets at 5, only Edelman had more with 8. Gray ran 38 times which is the most the Patriots have ever run the ball in 20 years. Brady only attempted 11 passes with 9 completions in the second half and one was to Gronk for a TD. 

How many catches and yards did Gronk have, when the game was not settled? Maybe Sergio was jabbering because he actually was covering Gronk, and Gronk reacted like a ussy would when getting shut down all night long.

Congrats, he beat Sergio when blocking on that on that run play.

Of course, Jack Doyle probably would have done just as well. And not lost his cool.

Wow, so you're trying to say Gronk is no bbetter than jack Doyle? Would Doyle have caught a 40 yard TD pass and broke like 3 tackles on his way to the endzone?

Nope.

74 yards and a TD is a good day for any tight end, especially considering that he did most of his damage in the running game as a blocker.

It only further supports how good he is. When he's on the field, you have no idea whether he's going to catch a pass, wrecking half your defense as they try and bring him down or come off the snap and take a linebacker or safety completely out of the picture

Wow, so you're trying to say Gronk is no bbetter than jack Doyle? Would Doyle have caught a 40 yard TD pass and broke like 3 tackles on his way to the endzone?

Nope.

I don't think he was serious. I hope.

Gronk is the best TE in the league bar none. Not only is he the best pass catching TE, he is also the best blocking TE.

74 yards and a TD is a good day for any tight end, especially considering that he did most of his damage in the running game as a blocker.

It only further supports how good he is. When he's on the field, you have no idea whether he's going to catch a pass, wrecking half your defense as they try and bring him down or come off the snap and take a linebacker or safety completely out of the picture

He is saying that Sergio Brown is a relatively small guy and just about any TE could push him in to a camera. So what Gronk did wasnt a phenomenal feat.

Anybody who thinks gronk was shut down is the uniformed one. They didn't throw it to gronk alot because they didn't need to throw it to gronk alot. Gronk was blocking the whole day and the run game was running wild. If you think gronk didn't have better numbers because he was "shut down" then you didn't watch the game. Its pretty much that simple.

Right.  So he would have had 9 catches for 180 yards and three TDs if he was asked to.  So would have Jack Doyle a few weeks ago, if he wasn't asked to manhandle the Eagles safties and LBs from the FB position.

Too bad Doyle was asked to be a FB, or else he would have had 10 catches for 190 yards and 4 TDs against the Eagles, bettering Gronks imaginary performance.......

I watched the game, and Gronk didn't do crap except pick on the smallest guy on the field.

Right.  So he would have had 9 catches for 180 yards and three TDs if he was asked to.  So would have Jack Doyle a few weeks ago, if he wasn't asked to manhandle the Eagles safties and LBs from the FB position.

Too bad Doyle was asked to be a FB, or else he would have had 10 catches for 190 yards and 4 TDs against the Eagles, bettering Gronks imaginary performance.......

I watched the game, and Gronk didn't do crap except pick on the smallest guy on the field.

Hmmmmm. Do you think the Patriots were afraid of sending Gronk out for passes because he would be shut down? Or perhaps do you think when they saw from the first drive that the Colts were unable to stop the run game at all that they kept him in for his great blocking skills?

But to answer your question, he had 4 catches for 71 and a TD on just 5 targets. If they did send him out more instead of using his sensational blocking to run rough shod over the Colts then yes he would have easily have had 9 catches for 180 and 3 TDs.

Gronkjerkski should have gotten a flag for the first time he tried to throw Sergio after they went out of bounds. 

Gronk was still talking crap and being a pompous ****** even after the flag was thrown the 2nd time they got into it.  

Brown (and our secondary) held the best TE in football (who is almost JJ Watt Size) for under 80 yards. That's impressive in my book.

And I really don't want to hear about Landry would've done this or that. The only thing LaRoid would've done would be dive at people's legs and completely whiff the tackles. 

Gronkjerkski should have gotten a flag for the first time he tried to throw Sergio after they went out of bounds. 

Gronk was still talking crap and being a pompous ****** even after the flag was thrown the 2nd time they got into it.  

Brown (and our secondary) held the best TE in football (who is almost JJ Watt Size) for under 80 yards. That's impressive in my book.

And I really don't want to hear about Landry would've done this or that. The only thing LaRoid would've done would be dive at people's legs and completely whiff the tackles. 

Yup.  I mentioned that in another thread. And Sergio won the exchange.   Gronk was going after him all night, (picking on the smallest player on the field)  which probably prompted Sergio to start jabbering in the first place.

You are look at at the wrong stat.  The targets tend to support Brown's assertion that Brdy didn't look his way when Brown was covering him.  Gronk was only targeted on 16.6% of the passes.  Against Denver he was targeted 19% of the time and against Chicago he was targeted over 25% of the pass plays.

Additionally Gronk was not pancaking anyone, they left him in the block and he did a good job of getting an angle and shielding but he was not a physical blocker for them.

Hmmmmm. Do you think the Patriots were afraid of sending Gronk out for passes because he would be shut down? Or perhaps do you think when they saw from the first drive that the Colts were unable to stop the run game at all that they kept him in for his great blocking skills?

But to answer your question, he had 4 catches for 71 and a TD on just 5 targets. If they did send him out more instead of using his sensational blocking to run rough shod over the Colts then yes he would have easily have had 9 catches for 180 and 3 TDs.

We'll never know.  But I think the Legend-of-Gronk wasn't anymore of a factor in the game than a Jack Doyle. 

In some circles, he probably gets just as much respect for what he did to Sergio than how he played all night long. 

And I thought Collinsdoof atributed the successful run blocking to the extra OT the pats had in the game, not anything Gronk was doing.