Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The same old Colts

Shane Bond

This Colts team is reminding me of the same team under Peyton.

No Offensive Line

Defense is getting exposed.

No turnovers.

No running game.

Got rid off Peyton and utilizing all that money to build the monster?. 

Mods: By mistake created into NFL general section. Should be in Colts.

No Offensive Line - We drafted O-Linemen the past 3 years and signed a few... We've worked very hard to revamp the line but they fall flat against good teams. Chalking it up to INEXPERIENCE/NOOBIES & haven't been in the league very long.

Defense is getting exposed. - Made some big defensive signings as well but seems as if they don't know how to do their jobs against good teams. Maybe we should have made the moves Denver & New England did defensively?

No turnovers. - It's what happens when we throw the ball 40-50 times, there's an INT in there somewhere.

No running game. - See the first line above^. We have a couple great backs, but we can't seem to use them correctly because of O-Line are a bunch of inexperienced noobies.

Where do we go from here? I have no clue.

No Offensive Line - We drafted O-Linemen the past 3 years and signed a few... We've worked very hard to revamp the line but they fall flat against good teams. Chalking it up to INEXPERIENCE/NOOBIES & haven't been in the league very long.

Defense is getting exposed. - Made some big defensive signings as well but seems as if they don't know how to do their jobs against good teams. Maybe we should have made the moves Denver & New England did defensively?

No turnovers. - It's what happens when we throw the ball 40-50 times, there's an INT in there somewhere.

No running game. - See the first line above^. We have a couple great backs, but we can't seem to use them correctly because of O-Line are a bunch of inexperienced noobies.

Well...Colts did win the turnover battle 2 - 1.

What's wrong the 14 other threads saying the exact same thing? This couldn't have been posted in one of those?

How about a thread titled "The Same Old Fans"?

I think there are two types of threads, discussions and complaints. 

I'm not sure to whom the complaints are being addressed though.

I have nothing to say anymore about this team. All I can do is pray Andrew doesn't leave us when his contract is up. We are doing a terrible job building a team around him and it's all on Irsay. I love this team and I always will, I never downtalk them. But they really let me down. It's about to be a legit concern to start worrying about our future. With Mathis, Waynes contracts coming up, paying big money to players not panning out, Dwayne Allen getting injured every year, the future is looking very iffy to me. If we keep letting Andrew get bulldozed he'll leave us..and I wouldn't blame him.

The way I see it, the "culture" of this team is one of trying to keep from losing rather than going all out to win. When you play a team of the calibre of the Pats, you do not kick a field goal on a 4th and 2 (or less) when you're driving and trying to match touchdown for touchdown. Yes, you get an easy 3 points, but you're falling behind in the process. And why not try being creative on first down when the other team least expects it? Being conservative and "soft" in the face of a physically and mentally determined team is not going to get you anywhere. You have to play smash mouth with a smash mouth team, or at least do your best to try to do that.

My brother and I were both saying how many years since we became fans in 1996 it's the same story, can't run and can't stop the run. Year after year after year. Had a few good years with Edgerrin but even then he had a lot of big plays were he got stuffed

The way I see it, the "culture" of this team is one of trying to keep from losing rather than going all out to win. When you play a team of the calibre of the Pats, you do not kick a field goal on a 4th and 2 (or less) when you're driving and trying to match touchdown for touchdown. Yes, you get an easy 3 points, but you're falling behind in the process. And why not try being creative on first down when the other team least expects it? Being conservative and "soft" in the face of a physically and mentally determined team is not going to get you anywhere. You have to play smash mouth with a smash mouth team, or at least do your best to try to do that.

Thats what i thought with the build the monster theme and cleaning the house. And after a good 3 years, it just looks the same.

How about a thread titled "The Same Old Fans"?

I think there are two types of threads, discussions and complaints. 

I'm not sure to whom the complaints are being addressed though.

Ok should we talk about the life expectancy of an earth worm instead?We cant tell it like it is?Its funny how nobody ever complains when people are hyping the Colts up but if we say one negative thing.......You sir,sound like you fit the bill of 'same old fans"

This Colts team is reminding me of the same team under Peyton.

No Offensive Line

Defense is getting exposed.

No turnovers.

No running game.

Got rid off Peyton and utilizing all that money to build the monster?. 

Hard to disagree with.  Thank god for Peyton.  Thank god for Luck. 

It's the same thought you had for 15 years with Manning.  If they build any sort of reasonably balanced team around Luck, he will win multiple championships.  What is so frustrating is you have had the hardest pieces to acquire - freakishly talented QBs and pass rushers, all-time greats at WR, yet you can't build any sort of reasonably balanced teams around them.  Just by chance, once in 20 years you would think you would hit on the right formula. 

Three quarters of the league would love to have the Colts "issues." Best young QB in the league, number one ranked offense until last Sunday, defense playing well as a unit, best STs in the game, and in position to win its division for the second straight season ....

I'm not here to talk trash about anyone or anything... That being said I just wished for once we could run the damn ball the way our RB's should be able to.  Besides the QB and scheme, the next important key to any offense is the O-line.  Average teams can look great with a great line.  I realize the interior is very young, and inexperienced, and we will get better with time.  IMO a team should build there franchise around the line.  Live and Die by the trenches.   If Luck was on a team that absolutely couldn't block, then how can he display his talent.  Same thing with our RB's.  Sorry, our running game has been average not because Trent dances in the backfield, but because the line can't open holes, therefore he is trying to be patient and let something develope.  Brady has enough time to take a nap in the pocket w/o a finger laid on him.  It shouldn't matter if our RB's do it (exaggeration out of frusteration). 

I have came to terms we are one of the best teams in the league, but won't ever win another Super Bowl unless we are the more physical and dominating team.  You don't win games being finese or quick.  You win games by taking them, outplaying the other teams.   We need an enforcer as a LB.  A Ray Lewis type that will bully someone around and make it apparent he is the alpha male.  Same thing on the O-Line.  Everybody saw how Gronk dominated in the run game.  We need people like that on both of our lines.  Yet, we don't have anybody like that.  I use to think Cherilus or Castonzo was that guy but they're just big.  Not that they aren't good players, because they are, but you don't see them throw somebody aside and be like who else wants some?

Three quarters of the league would love to have the Colts "issues." Best young QB in the league, number one ranked offense until last Sunday, defense playing well as a unit, best STs in the game, and in position to win its division for the second straight season ....

defense playing well?they just gave up over a 100 points in 3 games-----they'll win division by default----it s lousy division

Thats what i thought with the build the monster theme and cleaning the house. And after a good 3 years, it just looks the same.

How short a memory you must have... The 2012 team was miles behind the 2014 edition...

Donnie Avery, Tom Zibbi, Samson Satele, Mewelde Moore, Winston Justice... Seth Olsen to name a few.

Hard to disagree with.  Thank god for Peyton.  Thank god for Luck. 

It's the same thought you had for 15 years with Manning.  If they build any sort of reasonably balanced team around Luck, he will win multiple championships.  What is so frustrating is you have had the hardest pieces to acquire - freakishly talented QBs and pass rushers, all-time greats at WR, yet you can't build any sort of reasonably balanced teams around them.  Just by chance, once in 20 years you would think you would hit on the right formula.

Ask the Eagles about that one...

So TY isn't a bright spot? Vontae isn't?

No turnovers... 17 takeaways so far (Tied 10th).

Not forgetting we still have one of the most productive O's in the league still.

Yeah TY can throw and catch himself. We saw how this team looked with Painter. Same will be if there is no Luck.

Acting like this team is way better is ignorance.

how many elite teams have first and second year players starting on the o-line, unless they were a super first rounder? grigs should know better