Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Changes Coming?

Manning1887

I'm tired of seeing nicks do next to nothing

Do next to nothing?  Did you miss his TD pass.  Are you referencing the one sideline pass that he could've only caught if he was 8 ft tall with a 110 inch wingspan..  Other than that he didn't really get an opportunity. 

You're tired of seeing Nicks do next to nothing and I'm tired of hearing clueless fans bash him and other players, because they're simply not educated to know these players' true role. 

Do next to nothing? Did you miss his TD pass. Are you referencing the one sideline pass that he could've only caught if he was 8 ft tall with a 110 inch wingspan.. Other than that he didn't really get an opportunity.

You're tired of seeing Nicks do next to nothing and I'm tired of hearing clueless fans bash him and other players, because they're simply not educated to know these players' true role.

nicks has been horrible this year.

nicks has been horrible this year.

If your definition of horrible is having great numbers then yes, Hakeem Nicks has been horrible.  If you look at it from a logical standpoint, given his place on the depth chart, other threats within the offense, and some of the throws, that have counted as attempts but were impossible to catch, you may notice he is doing what is asked of him!

We definitely got outcoached in this game again.

Here's the Deal from my perspective. This game is indicative of one thing that remains constant in Colts/Patriots matchups. Its belief. The Patriots just believe that they will work harder, hit harder, outplay the Colts every time they play. Even in the Colts victories, they usually come very hard fought, and very SELDOM do the Colts just kick the Patriots butt like the Patriots always seem to do to the Colts. Its mental now. No matter who lines up against the Colts, they turn into world beaters and look like Walter Peyton against this team because of a belief system that Bill B. instills in his team. There is NO way that this team should systematically destroy ANY Colts team, no matter who's playing every year unless its mental.

The Colts hope they'll beat the Patriots, while the Patriots BELIEVE they will always beat the Colts. And that's on the coaching staff. Every time I see this going on, I realize that Bruce Arians is the ONLY coach that the Colts have had in recent years that can change their BELIEF system. Chuck P is a nice guy and all, but he has NO clue about motivation outside of the usual cliches. Hes trying his best and I wish him well, but he has failed miserably to motivate this team properly to perform at the level of greatness required to change the mindset of this team, The same teams that have owned us in the past STILL own us. Steelers, Patriots, etc. And these are the teams we have to go through. Trust me, the Steelers will be there at the end. And we aren't even competitive with these teams on the road and against the Patriots, at home either.

So, if the team can understand that they don't have to fire any body or do anything drastic, this wasn't about preparation or the lack thereof. They have to understand the power of the mind to do great things. Because that's the only solution to this beat-down the Patriots consistently give the Colts. The mental determines the physical.  The coaches cant go in saying that they think the Monsters being built, they have to KNOW the Monster is already there waiting to be unleashed EVERY Sunday.  Just like Morpheus said to Neo in the Matrix....you cant think you are the best, you have to KNOW you are...believe. The Colts have got to let go of fear, doubt and disbelief. Only great coaching can do that and unfortunately, the guy that can do that, in my opinion, is now in Arizona.

Let's start the gloom and doom since the Colts lost another game.  Who can come up with the most outrageous ideas.  Honestly what goes on inside peoples head?  You don't get better by constantly changing the core of your team, your correct the weaknesses.  The only change we need is being more consistent and playing with an attitude as if you havent won a game all season.  Or have a backs against the wall mentality.  The talent is there.  I'm just so sick of our players being soft in a big game.  It's stupid, just like the people who think we would be better off (insert opinion) because we had a bad game.

Let's start the gloom and doom since the Colts lost another game.  Who can come up with the most outrageous ideas.  Honestly what goes on inside peoples head?  You don't get better by constantly changing the core of your team, your correct the weaknesses.  The only change we need is being more consistent and playing with an attitude as if you havent won a game all season.  Or have a backs against the wall mentality.  The talent is there.  I'm just so sick of our players being soft in a big game.  It's stupid, just like the people who think we would be better off (insert opinion) because we had a bad game.

I could come up with some, but I like our football team.  I am ready for us to get back to Number 1 Offense and at least Number 3 defense....We need to play harder and execute.  

BTW...nos way will I come out with "outrageous ideas :)"

I agree. They really need to play the best players. And start putting people in when other people disappoint. After the loss, I'd like to see what Andrew Jackson is about. Maybe let him take some of Freeman's snaps. Newsome needs a lot more snaps. He could probably have a shot at DROY if they let him play more

If your definition of horrible is having great numbers then yes, Hakeem Nicks has been horrible. If you look at it from a logical standpoint, given his place on the depth chart, other threats within the offense, and some of the throws, that have counted as attempts but were impossible to catch, you may notice he is doing what is asked of him!

why would we ask him to be horrible?

"Next to nothing" is an interesting concept.  Is "nothing" a tangible?  If not, how does one know they are next to "it?"  :^)

Well "nothing" can be simply defined as the absence of all things.  So, if you look at the loss of "things" as moving closer to "nothing" then someone with "one thing" would be next to nothing.

Just sayin'

Ok forum friends, colleagues, countrymen. neighbors and enemies from other worlds.  This is the "official" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is not Brentmc11 post.....this has to be an alien from somewhere unknown.  I might have to change my name after this absurd post  :lol:   I am laughing hysterically.  WOW~~~ :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

BrentMc11 is my Son. He doesn't like to acknowledge it because we don't agree on most Topics when it comes to Football.

Wait, is this true?

You guys are like Luke and Darth of football forums? (BrentMC11 is Luke BTW.)

Changes? You have to be kidding.

Yep, pretty much.  Coach Chuck just keeps doing what he does, not knowing how to change or adapt.

Grigson and Irsay can and do make changes. Chuck and Pep just keep doing the same things over and over...that's all they know and that's all they are capable of...just not top notch NFL material.

In light of last night's debacle, I can't help but wonder what changes/tweaks the team might implement going forward. Perhaps we end up sticking to the same old routine with no changes and end up with 10 or 11 wins and a first round exit. Maybe, we tinker around a little and try to patch up some deficiencies in house.

A couple of thoughts struck me: 

1.) Start AQ Shipley at center. I am not sure how Harrison graded out last night, but he did cost us 5 yards by forgetting to snap the ball early in the game. He clearly wasn't helping in the run game. He seemed to do a nice job pass blocking, but the Patriots did get pressure up the middle (although some of that could be attributed to missed blitz pick-ups by our running backs). 

2.) Start Dan Herron at running back. Bradshaw's injury will be interesting because it will lead to some increased carries/touches for Herron. If Herron proves to be more effective than Richardson, will the team finally move on from their mistake? I have liked what I have seen from Herron in limited action. He runs hard, somewhat reminiscent of Donald Brown. 

3.) Increase Jonathan Newsome's snaps. This guy seems to be the only player on the team capable of generating consistent pressure. I don't recall seeing Werner getting anywhere close to Brady last night. Walden had some moments, but was always a second or two late. Studabaker seems like more of a "force" against the run. Newsome has his deficiencies, but getting him some increased playing time will allow us to see what kind of future he has with this team. Let him learn more on the job. Perhaps we don't need to spend a high draft pick on a pass rusher if he is capable of stepping up and being the man going forward. 

4.) Consider playing Darius Butler at safety. Our safety play has been erratic and borderline disastrous at times this season. Laron Landry was a no-show last night. Sergio Brown has had his moments. Mike Adams has been our most consistent performer. He had a couple of picks last night, but he didn't do much to slow the run game down. Some of this is based on giving Lou Purifoy a chance to shine as the nickel corner. Let's see what he has to offer. 

5.) Play Donte Moncrief more. Notwithstanding a great td catch from Hakeem Nicks, he was an absolute non-factor. Moncrief is part of the future at WR for us, might as well give him more snaps as the #3. He has shown he is more than capable, and he would have had a huge td catch last night had Luck not overthrown him. 

A couple of final thoughts. 

• I would rest Arthur Jones for the next two weeks. Let that ankle heal more before facing Cleveland. 
  • I would consider resting Cherilus for the next two weeks as well. He had a couple of notable whiffs run blocking, although he was very solid in pass protection. 

These are just a couple of thoughts, mostly based on frustration from last night. Feel free to rip them apart or add your own thoughts on tweaks we could make. 

O for

Here we go... the recipe for ASSURED VICTORY for the Colts....

Cut all the running backs and play 5 WR sets all game.  Just abandon the run all together and play with a combination of TE and WRs.   The O-line can't run block anyways so why even pretend like we are going to run??  If we get in a 3rd and 1 or a 4th and 1 we can just let Andrew Luck run it or hand it off to a TE in the backfield! 

Oh, yeah, lets change centers AGAIN... It's always a good idea to shuffle up the O-line every so often... you know, keep em guessing.

Its so crazy it might just work!

Oh and another thought; Lets play one of our TEs on defense to cover the other teams TE.  Heck, we can't cover them with a DB or LB so might as well throw another TE out there... I mean they have the same skill set right?  Why not?

Ok, if ya'll can't tell that was typed in my "sarcasm font"...

How about everyone just take a couple steps back from the ledge and see how things play out.  We trusted the coach and GM earlier in the season.  Let's afford them a little more time to get the team together and moving in the right direction before we grab the pitch forks and torches...

I know firing Pagano would be crazy even if the Colts have a winning record but loses in the playoffs in the 1st round. What if the Colts hired Jim Harbaugh? He would have excellent chemistry with Luck right off the bat since he was his coach at Stanford. Maybe implement a trade between head coaches that way everyone wins. Colts and 49ers would both have winning head coaches. 

colts don,t like winning  coaches . too easy. get newbie coach no exp , newbie hc no nfl exp. could waste luck chance at a sb in next 5 years. forget a GM no exp .

1.- Harrison has been inconsistent because he isn't getting the help from the other 2 G (Jack was hurt a couple of game before and Hugh got benched), also we aren't running counters as much as we should i mean we are hoping our Linemen won 1 on 1 on drives that's not gonna happen on the NFL.

2.- Most of the running plays there are no holes and T. Richardson isn't a speed runner so he can't beat defenders outside, Boom is explosive and i think he could create more with this OL, Bradshaw also made defenders miss T. Richardson can't do that often.

3.- Jonathan has been good pressuring the QB but he has been pushed away when he try to stop the run so he is more a situational player 2 and long or 3 and long, he need to bulk up and practice he is very promising.

4.- Our safeties had been average(Adams is playing above average), so i don't think we should put our best man on the nickel on another position.

5.- I agree with you but after that TD catch Pagano isn't benching Nicks, do you remember that DHB was over TY on the depth and because the Reggie injury TY showed he was the main thread, with Nick producing something i mean 2 or 3 passes catches every game Pagano isn't touching it, we need a completely drop from Nick to see Moncrief more time on the field  i just check and DHB was benched by the 15 week, because he just had 1 TD and 309 yrds now Nicks has 3 TD and 227 yrds on fewer games so i don't see Nicks been benched nearly although Moncrief has 1 TD and 218 yrds on way fewer snap, but i think the coach staff doesn't agree or think Moncrief would be a liability when Andrew changes plays, so if this is a playbook issue he should start on the next few weeks.

Here's the Deal from my perspective. This game is indicative of one thing that remains constant in Colts/Patriots matchups. Its belief. The Patriots just believe that they will work harder, hit harder, outplay the Colts every time they play. Even in the Colts victories, they usually come very hard fought, and very SELDOM do the Colts just kick the Patriots butt like the Patriots always seem to do to the Colts. Its mental now. No matter who lines up against the Colts, they turn into world beaters and look like Walter Peyton against this team because of a belief system that Bill B. instills in his team. There is NO way that this team should systematically destroy ANY Colts team, no matter who's playing every year unless its mental.

The Colts hope they'll beat the Patriots, while the Patriots BELIEVE they will always beat the Colts. And that's on the coaching staff. Every time I see this going on, I realize that Bruce Arians is the ONLY coach that the Colts have had in recent years that can change their BELIEF system. Chuck P is a nice guy and all, but he has NO clue about motivation outside of the usual cliches. Hes trying his best and I wish him well, but he has failed miserably to motivate this team properly to perform at the level of greatness required to change the mindset of this team, The same teams that have owned us in the past STILL own us. Steelers, Patriots, etc. And these are the teams we have to go through. Trust me, the Steelers will be there at the end. And we aren't even competitive with these teams on the road and against the Patriots, at home either.

So, if the team can understand that they don't have to fire any body or do anything drastic, this wasn't about preparation or the lack thereof. They have to understand the power of the mind to do great things. Because that's the only solution to this beat-down the Patriots consistently give the Colts. The mental determines the physical.  The coaches cant go in saying that they think the Monsters being built, they have to KNOW the Monster is already there waiting to be unleashed EVERY Sunday.  Just like Morpheus said to Neo in the Matrix....you cant think you are the best, you have to KNOW you are...believe. The Colts have got to let go of fear, doubt and disbelief. Only great coaching can do that and unfortunately, the guy that can do that, in my opinion, is now in Arizona.

first guy speak his mind , tell truth.