Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts frontrunner to land CFL star.

Dustin

Ok cliff notes for you lil' buddy:

I said WR isn't our biggest need, and though I like the idea of getting him, someone has to leave in order to get him. If that's Nicks...ok.

Hey, I'm just glad you finally understand. Granted it took about 3 pages of arguing for you to finally get it but hey, at least you finally got there ;)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of trying to rehabilitate another head case skill position player, with as many questions as Carter has,I'd rather draft a player like Jr RB/WR/KR Byron Marshall out of Oregon..he's only 5'10. 205 with 4.38 speed. Last year he ran for over 1000 yards, and since the emergence of Freshman superstar  RB Royce Freeman 6' 230 lbs, has switched to WR, where he is excelling at both positions catching 56 passes for 714 yards and 5 TD's, while rushing 44 times for 352 yards and 1 TD, filling in for injuries this year, and end arounds. That way, we'd have a very good receiver, that can also be a RB. He's quick, elusive, has great hands, runs good routes, and has enough power to gain yards after the catch. Or give me the LB out of Washington, Shaq Thompson, who is a a little small for a LB, 6'1" 225 lbs. but also plays offense and is an excellent RB. I want guys that want to play, give 100 percent all of the time, and work harder and harder to improve, AND ARE WILLING TO DO ANYTHING TO HELP THE TEAM!!! Look at TY..Sure he's small, but even with all of his talent, he continues to get better and better..why??? Because of his attitude and work ethic. He wants to be the best...and he's om his way to becoming one of the leagues best WR.

I'm not saying to draft both of these two, just players like them, with talent, attitude, and work ethic...look at JJ Watt..NO ONE plays with more heart and intensity as he does, and look at the results....We need to focus more on these type players, not head cases like Da'Rick, Purifory, and this Carter kid. I personally don't like Gronk..but no one can deny his toughness, and willingness to win. We NEED players like them..

I don't care how tall you are, or what potential you have, if you don't have your head in the game, or give 100 percent at all times, you will not go far in today's NFL. Most of the time, especially with players from the CFL, the ones with the great attitudes and work ethics make it..aka our own Jerrell Freeman. If Carter hates school, he's going to hate studying the playbook, learning routes, how to get open, etc. Time after time, they have all the talent in the world, but have the wrong attitude and work ethic, and few ever succeed. From all that I have read, I don't want this Carter kid. I wish Whalen had more God-Given ability, because he works hard, and does eerything he can do, but just doesn't have enough talent to excell in the NFL

As Dontrelle Inman formerly of the argos and now with the chargers says the difference between the playbooks is the argos is like algebra and the chargers is like kindergarten math. The CFL is more complicated then the NFL.One reason chad did nothing up here ,he could not read the book, where I hear in the NFL they had chad Johnson plays just for him . And they say the change in duron attitude was huge. He was even hosting parties for the team and family , for get togthers where football was not talked about.

"— The Canadian Football League doesn't get much play in this article, but wide receiver Duron Carter is a unique prospect north of the border. The son of Hall of Famer Cris Carter, Duron can sign with NFL teams this season. I'm told by a source close to Carter his preference is playing with the Indianapolis Colts—a preference no doubt influenced by the presence of quarterback Andrew Luck."

"— The Canadian Football League doesn't get much play in this article, but wide receiver Duron Carter is a unique prospect north of the border. The son of Hall of Famer Cris Carter, Duron can sign with NFL teams this season. I'm told by a source close to Carter his preference is playing with the Indianapolis Colts—a preference no doubt influenced by the presence of quarterback Andrew Luck."

The browns have a very good chance at getting him.

Really doubt it tbh. Indy is pretty much the ideal situation. Established QB on the fringe of elitness, high powered, high-flying offense, minimal competetion for a starting position, ect..

That's completely irrelevant. You don't pass up on low risk/high reward players just because you don't have an immediate need. In building a team, you have to have a good amount of foresight to have a replacement waiting in the wings ready to go when your soon departing starters (Wayne) only have a year or 2 left. Otherwise you've got a glaring need and have to scramble to fill it. Getting a low cost WR that has high upside to learn behind one of the best for a few years is a no-brainer.

There is no doubt about it.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/12/5/7340319/report-duron-carter-prefers-to-play-for-the-colts

I dont know if this will be locked but this cancels a draft need

As a Buckeye fan, I'm as hopeful for Duron Carter as anyone. Grigson would be stupid, however, to pass over a quality WR in the draft just because he landed a stud CFL receiver. Talent trumps need.

If I were GM, I would never place my long term plans to fill a position need on a kid who got rejected by a major college and had to go elsewhere to prove himself.

If a good value like Moncrief presents itself in the draft, signing Carter should have no impact on that decision, IMO.

Still draft a WR. Hilton or Moncrief get hurt next year, we're looking dumb like when Reggie went down

Nicks is gone & Reggie will retire IMO

So

Hilton

Moncrief

Whalen

Lenz

Carter

And some other PS players or UDFA Grigson finds

...... Need more WR's

let's field a team of 52 wrs and luck

What I like most about the kid is his concentration on jump balls and other tough catches plus his ability to make the Corner bite on a route, He is a long strider, Don't have blazing speed but if he shows the route running ability I saw out of him while watching him in a couple games I think he wont have any problem breaking away from the defense. I hope he chooses the Colts BUT IF he does that wont change what we do in the draft

If he doesn't want to chance sinking into irrelevancy...he'll go somewhere else.  Other than Gordon, they haven't produced much and I certainly can't remember the last big name highly paid WR signed by Cleveland or one coming out of Cleveland and getting big dollars.

let's field a team of 52 wrs and luck

I just got the image of Luck in shotgun and 9 WRs running streaks, posts, and cross patterns.  If only it were possible...

In my very humble opinion, its worth a look

One of the problems with the Colts teams over the year, is they would go to cold (and bad) weather cities, and little Marvin Harrison would get pushed around

We have our smaller speedster, superstar in TY. 

Having another bigger faster guy, that could shine in the "slop and cold" could really help our team in the playoffs

BUT....... BUT....... BUT

Lets not lose our head on this guy

Most times that a guy is once is a knucklehead, he STAYS a knucklehead

We get caught up in the player of the minute.  They in most cases, do little if anything in the NFL

So, this old guy says, bring him in, try him out......

If it works it works, but if it doesnt..... you know...... it doesnt

I am just glad that the Colts are trying to improve the team

But sheeze........ 5 pages of comment on a HIGHLY questionable guy?

If Reggie retires and Carter is a Colt I don't think we will draft a WR but sign another veteran Receiver in free agency. Makes more sense to get another veteran besides TY. For me diversity is a key. So have some smaller, some taller and some between receiver makes us more flexible.