Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Dalton

azcolt

A couple comical comments in this thread, He had a bad game, Wasn't all his fault, One terrible game does not erase the production he has put up since he has been drafted, A slightly upgraded Mark Sanchez? :funny:I knew if I came in this thread I'd get a couple overreactions

A couple comical comments in this thread, He had a bad game, Wasn't all his fault, One terrible game does not erase the production he has put up since he has been drafted, A slightly upgraded Mark Sanchez? :funny:I knew if I came in this thread I'd get a couple overreactions

If he throws 8 TDs next game then he will suddenly be one of the best young guns in the game lol. Fans roll with the tide.

I've always said that he was a slightly upgraded Mark Sanchez at best.

I don't think Sanchez is all that bad. What chance did he really get with the Jets? Ryan never got the QB the players he needed to be good. His first two season he did look good but good old Rex just cares about defense. We shall see what Sanchez can do now that he is starting for the Eagles. I could be wrong but we will see.

A couple comical comments in this thread, He had a bad game, Wasn't all his fault, One terrible game does not erase the production he has put up since he has been drafted, A slightly upgraded Mark Sanchez? :funny:I knew if I came in this thread I'd get a couple overreactions

He was horrendous last night, at home. He has 8 tds and 9 pcks in 9 games with better weapons than Sanchez ever had .even with AJ missing time I bet mark has a better finish to the season than dalton does

He was horrendous last night, at home. He has 8 tds in 9 games with better weapons than Sanchez ever had .even with AJ missing time I bet mark has a better finish to the season than dalton does

Sanchez is going to finish out the season in Philly. I am willing to bet as well that his production will be better than Dalton's the rest of the way.

I am not sure which team is regretting the huge QB deals they made this offseason - the Bengals or the Niners.

The thing about Dalton is all the guaranteed cash is in the first two years, and after that they can part ways with little trouble. In fact if I recall both he and Kaepernick's contracts are both pretty team friendly.

Poor Andy. 

I get the idea Greg Rosenthal doesn't like him very much.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000424103/article/andy-dalton-experiences-national-tv-meltdown?campaign=Facebook_atl_rosenthal

"Dalton has often been a punchline in his career despite a "$100 million" contract and a solid career as a starter. His penchant for playing his worst on the big stage, however, is hard to ignore. Dalton's career numbers in nationally televised games are hard to believe: 54.6 percent completions, 5.6 yards per attempt, eight touchdowns and 14 interceptions. The Bengals are 2-9 in those games. After a while, those numbers feel less and less random."

"
When Dalton is good, he's still not going to carry a team. When he struggles, he gives his team no chance to win."

He has a higher floor than a lot of QBs, but his ceiling is low too.  His play coming into the league was really good for a rookie, and the Bengals have done a good job of surrounding him with a lot of good talent.  However, he hasn't taken the jump from good rookie to very good starter and he certainly doesn't deserve his absurd contact.  His ceiling is too low for the Bengals to go deep into the playoffs with him, in my opinion

I don't know what happened to him, he wasn't that great before, maybe just an average starter but he's been pretty bad as of late.  

AJ Green is hurt, Gio Bernard is hurt, Hue Jackson isn't as good as Jay Gruden, etc. Lots of setbacks for that offense so far this year. Dalton was never anything special, so when you hit him with all of these changes, he's going to regress. 

Let's not minimize how well the Browns defense played yesterday.

agreed but the thread is about Andy Dalton and that boy hasnt been right for weeks now..

....Kyle Orton has 8 TD passes and he just started playing last month.

Big Ben has 8 TD passes in the last 6 quarters...

Did you see Andy D..He's missing wide open guys. I wonder g he's hurt because he cant be that bad

Eh, defense was good, but no one forced Dalton to try to throw the ball when he was already four yards beyond the line of scrimmage. He was terrible all on his own.

That was a bizzare play..High school QBs don't do that.,,and he threw the ball away didnt he? 4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage?

Something's got to be wrong with him

He was horrendous last night, at home. He has 8 tds and 9 pcks in 9 games with better weapons than Sanchez ever had .even with AJ missing time I bet mark has a better finish to the season than dalton does

His top 2 wr's have been out a few games this year (Daltons).......Gresham has also been bad this year so far, Dalton was awful no doubt but that's not the normal with him