Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats/Denver thread - snow in forecast (merge)

amfootball

Look on the bright side, fellas.

Your boy is getting his stats, you know, the ones we had to be reminded of every week last year.

and next week he gets to go nuts and run the stats up against a poor Oakland team.

So more power to ya if the Pats run it up to 50 (and I hope they do)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your boy is getting his stats, you know, the ones we had to be reminded of every week last year.

and next week he gets to go nuts and run the stats up against a poor Oakland team.

At least they didn't lose to the Browns and falcons

It may be heresy to say this, but Manning's arm strength looks bad as this game goes on. I know he hasn't been like he was in younger years...that's a given. But there have been several throws that have allowed NE defensive backs to come back and defend the passes. That last 3rd down was a great example. Had the ball been there faster, the DB doesn't have time to get back to the WR and break up the pass. Could be the cold...

Even if Denver had decent coverage DB's, that's not how you beat NE's passing attack.

You.

Have.

To.

Hit.

Brady.

Whether that means you bring 4, 5, 6, 7, the kitchen sink, it doesn't matter. You bring as many as you have to in order to throw him off his game, and then you KEEP DOING IT. The common denominator for almost every team that has ever beat NE with Brady at QB is they make him uncomfortable all night.

If you can get to him reliably with a 4 man rush? Great. When you can't get to him reliably with 4, then just keep bringing 4 sitting on your heels getting torched, you're a frickin' * of a coach. If you let Brady sit behind his line, he will kill you 99% of the time. There is enough film for over a decade that shows this.

He's 2-2 against NE in the playoffs, 2-1 in AFC Championship games.

Actually, HE isn't, but his teams are.

As for tonight:

7 points you can put square on Peyton on a bad pass that sailed to Ninkovich, though ultimately the DEFENSE let NE in to the endzone.

7 points you can put on Welker, though ultimately the DEFENSE let NE in to the end zone.

7 points you can put on special teams, directly.

21+ points you can put solely on defense.

Common denominator is the defense has played like a steaming turd against the pass, and the coaches have made zero adjustments. Credit Brady and co. for being great all night, but equal to that Jack Del Rio's ineptitude/stubbornness.

I said nothing about NE specifically I said his playoff record and the fact he could never get it done in college Tee Martin took essentially the same team to the title the next year. Losing record in the playoffs has only one a play off game in back to back seasons once it's the facts.

I love Peyton and what he did for Indy but he was not good in the big games history shows that wins 12-14 regular season games a year bows out round one nearly as often. Don't be mad at me

I said nothing about NE specifically I said his playoff record and the fact he could never get it done in college Tee Martin took essentially the same team to the title the next year. Losing record in the playoffs has only one a play off game in back to back seasons once it's the facts.

I love Peyton and what he did for Indy but he was not good in the big games history shows that wins 12-14 regular season games a year bows out round one nearly as often. Don't be mad at me

You said look at his playoff record and what he has done against NE. That's what he has done against NE in the playoffs. (Or rather his teams have, not him.)

College is largely irrelevant to having any bearing on NFL careers. Ask Ryan Leaf. Hell, ask Tom Brady.

It is official. Peyton led teams fold like lawn chairs in New England.

And if NE gets the first seed we are all screwed with a giant cherry on top.

Denver might get the SB loser curse thingie and get the one and done this year by some hungrier team.

Denver might get the SB loser curse thingie and get the one and done this year by some hungrier team.

What teams are successful in new England?

lol you continue to kill me with your humorous lines

Whoa. What a game. Did not expect that type of domination in all phases from the Pats.

Some quick thoughts:

1) ST's turned this game early. Missed FG from Denver and Edelman punt score for TD. Moose was right about STs costing Denver.

2) Brady is as dialed in as I have ever seen him. He was back to his ninja moves in the pocket and throwing lasers

3) Pats secondary is for real. Just love Browner and his physical play. Butler played a heck of game.

4) Pats pass rush was there. Shocking. Did not see that coming. Jamie Collins was a beast as was Nink.

In terms of Denver.

1) I am in awe of Manning. I can't believe how many throws he made in a window about the size of a pea. First pick was on him but not the second - on Welker. Biggest issue was not converting on third down (only conversion I believe) and fourth down. None. Pats D was big situationally all game.

2) Denver really misses Moreno. Hillman just isn't that good. Pats made Denver one dimensional early.

3) Fox/Del Rio - what a horrible defensive performance. If I was Elway. I would be irate. Guys were wide open. All day. Lafells, Gronk and Edelman just torched them.

Never saw this type of game coming and the weather really was not a factor other than maybe the first quarter.

The Jets once in 2010, Baltimore in 2012....um....a little help?

I'll say this. NE is humming right now. The Broncos did themselves in too though. And Gillette is up there with Qwest Field in SEA (or whatever it's called now) in terms of home field advantage. The refs let them play tonight. Not saying it influenced the game, but it was evident that NE was able to get pretty physical with the Broncos. But in NO WAY did that make or break this game. NE is nearly impossible to beat at home. Good thing they have to play the Colts in Indy. I hope for a win of course, but at the least a better game than tonight.

Well, tell me then. Tell me how many of these other teams who go to NE are supposed to have the GOAT or one of the GOATs on the pyramid of all time GOAT candidates.

I have seen Eli play well in NE in the past. I have seen Flacco play well in NE in the past. Hell I have seen Mark Sanchez play well in NE in the past.

I have seen teams come within a hair of losing in NE and show us some balls too.

I have seen enough Manning games in NE to show me the dude folds like a deck of cards once the plane touches ground at Logan Airport in Boston.

Well, tell me then. Tell me how many of these other teams who go to NE are supposed to have the GOAT or one of the GOATs on the pyramid of all time GOAT candidates.

I have seen Eli play well in NE in the past. I have seen Flacco play well in NE in the past. Hell I have seen Mark Sanchez play well in NE in the past.

I have seen teams come within a hair of losing in NE and show us some balls too.

I have seen enough Manning games in NE to show me the dude folds like a deck of cards once the plane touches ground at Logan Airport in Boston.

So you can't think of any teams that have had much success there?

When did eli have a good game in New England?

How them saints doing? Ohh...

Not the game I was expecting but then again not surprised. As much as I loathe the Pats, hard not to respect them and a performance like that. I am glad we get them in Indy. We need every advantage. We are now  back in the race for the #1 with Denver having four more tough road games ahead. Have to take care of Giants first. 

Okay, here are my thoughts about NE...

Browner is a beast, but he needs to play more smart...those penalties will kill us in the playoffs.

Butler had a good game, there were times he looked bad, but there were times where he looked great...time will tell if he is going to become a starter in the next few years.

Collins is a beast, he can flat out rush, running backs can't block him, he jumps over O-Linemen like they are 5ft tall. 

The pass rush is getting much better, but we need better interior pressure...can Easley play the inside and become dominant like Suh?

Lastly our run game really sucked, we could not get much done on the ground the first 3qts...without Ridley we are hurting big time...Grey has potentials but is not dynamic like Stevan.

I hope we get a round 1 or round 2 running back talent next year...we truly need a power back that can push the pile when needed, right now I don't see any of our backs being able to do that. We can't be one dimensional because there are teams like Detroit that will eat us alive with their D-Line.

Anyways, I am going to enjoy this victory tonight, but the team has a lot more work to do when it comes to the running game.

Okay, 1st things 1st. Congratulations BB, Tom Brady, Josh McDaniels, & the entire NE organization for a dominant victory over the Broncos. Brady got everybody involved tonight: Gronk, Edelman, LaFell, etc. etc. 

I also need to give Peyton Manning huge props for admitting in his post season press conference that "I" did not play well tonight. I'm very proud of you #18 for speaking the truth tonight Bravo! 

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_on_loss_against_the_Patriots/09d95355-9493-4666-a64e-08567cb891d0

This clip is not meant to slam you Peyton, but rather to confirm how much I respect a future HOF QB for being honest with yourself & the public. Doing this increases my admiration for you not diminish it. Nice. 

Lafell*

Sigh...I have no idea how in the hades NE keeps taking guys off of sad teams & molding them into dangerous WR weapons but they just do it like clockwork...Wes Welker from Miami, Randy Moss from Oakland, & Lafell from Carolina. Darn Brady is good. Wow. I tip my hat to you Tommy. :hat:

As much as Manning get praised for making players around him better, Brady needs to be showcased for doing the exact same thing.  

Okay, here are my thoughts about NE...

Browner is a beast, but he needs to play more smart...those penalties will kill us in the playoffs.

Butler had a good game, there were times he looked bad, but there were times where he looked great...time will tell if he is going to become a starter in the next few years.

Collins is a beast, he can flat out rush, running backs can't block him, he jumps over O-Linemen like they are 5ft tall. 

The pass rush is getting much better, but we need better interior pressure...can Easley play the inside and become dominant like Suh?

Lastly our run game really sucked, we could not get much done on the ground the first 3qts...without Ridley we are hurting big time...Grey has potentials but is not dynamic like Stevan.

I hope we get a round 1 or round 2 running back talent next year...we truly need a power back that can push the pile when needed, right now I don't see any of our backs being able to do that. We can't be one dimensional because there are teams like Detroit that will eat us alive with their D-Line.

Anyways, I am going to enjoy this victory tonight, but the team has a lot more work to do when it comes to the running game.

Excellent points IWF. Browner is costing your squad vital field position & he's not playing smart football right now. BB will make sure he falls in line though. Peyton's running game was hit & miss tonight too. Mostly miss. 

Manning does have a noodle arm. This has been established. That is still far from Denver's worst problem.

Really? We are going to recycle this unfounded myth again MOW? Please don't start this ridiculous nonsense again. I'm really not in the mood for far fetched statements like that with no basis in fact. 

From AMF, a loyal Patriots fan: "1) I am in awe of Manning. I can't believe how many throws he made in a window about the size of a pea." Sounds like remarkable arm strength to me there anyway. 

In addition, I believe Manning threw for 438 yards tonight as well. That a pretty strong "noodle arm" if you ask me. I'm just saying. 

Really? We are going to recycle this unfounded myth again MOW? Please don't start this ridiculous nonsense again. I'm really not in the mood for far fetched statements like that with no basis in fact. 

From AMF, a loyal Patriots fan: "1) I am in awe of Manning. I can't believe how many throws he made in a window about the size of a pea." Sounds like remarkable arm strength to me there anyway. 

In addition, I believe Manning threw for 438 yards tonight as well. That a pretty strong "noodle arm" if you ask me. I'm just saying. 

What he is missing in strength he makes up for in accuracy and timing. He really threw well yesterday in the wind. Only one bad decision when he threw the ball right to Nink. He just could not convert any third and fourth downs. That was the story of the game.

Manning got garbage stats in garbage time. 

438 yards in a decidedly one-sided game mean very little.  But they'll show up in his career stats, and that's what matters to him.

Manning got garbage stats in garbage time.

438 yards in a decidedly one-sided game mean very little. But they'll show up in his career stats, and that's what matters to him.

:facepalm: your posts are very sad. If all he cared about was stats, why were the final four plays of the game runs?

Side note comment. We all thought Revis was Talib's obvious replacement but it has been Browner more IMO. What made Talib great was his physical play although he was not every good yesterday. Browner is big and physical like him. He makes 2-3 key plays a game but he has to clean up some of the flags ...