Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats/Denver thread - snow in forecast (merge)

amfootball

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything is possible, but the game seems fairly well in hand. I wouldn't count on Denver's defense to make many stops. Let alone the special teams to win the field position battle or make kicks.

Also looks like I gave Denver too much credit. There's another wasted down on a run for nothing.

a 13 point game against Denver with 2 full quarters to go is not even close to "well in hand."  If the Pats punt here and the Broncos get another TD its a 6 point game with 1.5 quarters left

a 13 point game against Denver with 2 full quarters to go is not even close to "well in hand."  If the Pats punt here and the Broncos get another TD its a 6 point game with 1.5 quarters left

That's predicated on Denver getting a stop. A fluky INT off a tip wasn't a stop, it was luck.

I never count on luck for a Manning team.

The difference is the mistakes. McManus makes his field goal Denver kicks in fourth down. That's 6 points, and the dropped snap and busted punt is the other 7.

Patriots just don't make mistakes at home. If you do you're screwed.

The Pats are making mistakes too, they have had a lot of drops, two were touchdowns and another drop lead to an interception.

Those are pretty big mistakes.. Those 2 dropped TDs are -8 points and the turnover was +7 in favor of the Broncos

That drop is huge.. that was either a 1st down or 3rd and short if he catches that.. instead its 3rd and a long 11.. 

Drops can kill drives.. and in the case of the last possession, can also lead to turnovers.

Big mistakes continue to happen from the Pats skill position players.  I hope they get that figured out fast, because Denver can still rally.