Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats/Denver thread - snow in forecast (merge)

amfootball

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol- bullet into the wind.

shot arms do wonders ;)

Yea im not sure where this notion that Brady doesn't have a strong arm came from.. He is putting lasers all over the field, INTO the wind right on the numbers of his receivers.  Manning is throwing rainbows all over the field.. hes very accurate with those throws, but it allows the defense to react and make a play on the ball

I expected the Denver Offense to struggle a bit in this weather, but I didn't think the defense would get manhandled like this.

Brady is a great QB, Gronk is the best TE in the game, and Denver couldn't even stop one man army Gates.

Any defense that lets one guy beat them like a drum is not THAT good. Denver deserves all the credit in the world for the run defense which is outstanding, but they can not cover for crap if the pass rush doesn't get there.

Tonight, the pass rush can't beat Brady's fortress and the results speak for themselves. I'm still not sure why they don't just bring the house instead of sitting back (and failing) to cover everyone. Sure, Brady can beat the blitz but if you make him uncomfortable with repeated pressure he becomes a different QB. It's not rocket science.

2nd and 20 and you still leave a receiver WIDE OPEN

Let's also let Vereen stroll down the sidelines untouched and wide open while we're at it too.

He wasn't wide open, Brady threw a laser 25 yards down the field off of his back shoulder, right past the defender.  Manning would not have enough zip on his ball to make that play, especially into the wind.

Brady is a great QB, Gronk is the best TE in the game, and Denver couldn't even stop one man army Gates.

Any defense that lets one guy beat them like a drum is not THAT good. Denver deserves all the credit in the world for the run defense which is outstanding, but they can not cover for crap if the pass rush doesn't get there.

Tonight, the pass rush can't beat Brady's fortress and the results speak for themselves. I'm still not sure why they don't just bring the house instead of sitting back (and failing) to cover everyone. Sure, Brady can beat the blitz but if you make him uncomfortable with repeated pressure he becomes a different QB. It's not rocket science.

That's the Jack Del Rio defense. Let the front four rush and never do anything risky or interesting.

The game isn't over, but Denver is going to have to get something going. Manning is off with his throws, and the team has no answer as to how to stop the Patriots.

We are receiving next half. If we score a TD then its going to make it really hard for the Broncos. Manning looks to be uncomfortable, especially that last sack from Ayers...once you get to him once or twice he will not be as comfortable passing from the pocket.

The game isn't over, but Denver is going to have to get something going. Manning is off with his throws, and the team has no answer as to how to stop the Patriots.

The answer is to bring the house on defense, and abandon the run which is a waste of a down on offense.

John Fox, Del Rio, and possibly Peyton Manning are either too stubborn or foolish to realize it. Possibly both. The playcalling ultimately falls on Peyton on offense....he needs to realize against teams where the run JUST DOESN'T WORK that they need to STOP TRYING TO RUN! Exceptions being, maybe, a 1 or 2 yard gain needed for a first or TD.

If Peyton can't realize that, which we've seen many games Denver determined to run through a brick wall and failing, then he might not be as smart as he's credited to be. Denver is better at passing....by a mile.......so.....pass?

Also letting go a kicker who has been proven reliable to you was a horrendous move.  Denver's return game and coverage have been abysmal.

The Patriots have a mystique about them that causes teams to struggle against them

Balance. Coaching.

Nothing magic about it. It's called a good, well rounded football team with fantastic players and coaches mixed in.

Denver are no slouches, but their weaknesses (In order)

1: COACHING/Playcalling

2: Special teams

3: Run game (Or lack there of)

4: Passing defense

....are all very apparent. NE's weaknesses are a mediocre at best run game and run defense. That's it. Denver can't run anyway, and are great at stopping the run, so those more or less offset.

The Patriots have a mystique about them that causes teams to struggle against them

Its not a mystique, its because BB teaches disciplined football and really emphasizes not giving up the big play.  You force teams to have to make 7-10 successful plays and move the football up the field and earn a touchdown.

The more plays a team runs, the more chances they have to make a mistake.

There are random gusts of wind that have reached near 40 mph, but its not a constant wind.. I just stepped outside on my porch and it was pretty darn windy.

I know there are occasional gusts, but Jim Nantz mentioned the Broncos are kicking with the wind, and the flags weren't even moving.

They weren't either on that drive.

Only 3 minutes into the 2nd half.. if Denver gets a TD that interception could really change the momentum..

Anything is possible, but the game seems fairly well in hand. I wouldn't count on Denver's defense to make many stops. Let alone the special teams to win the field position battle or make kicks. (Or John Fox and Del Rio to start being good coaches.)

Also looks like I gave Denver too much credit. There's another wasted down on a run for nothing.