Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats/Denver thread - snow in forecast (merge)

amfootball

Probably because Brady's playoff record needs no defending. Blame him entirely for all 8 losses if you want, no problem; he still has the most all time wins at 18 along with the 3 rings, 5 SB appearances and 8 conference championship game appearances.

I bet you don't know who has the second most one and done's behind Manning?  It is Montana with four but no one much cares because he has 4 rings and the second most playoff victories behind Brady at 16.

I liked watching Montana play. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked watching Montana play. 

Funny- I didn't like him at first. We were playing SF on the road. SF was going nowhere and we we're just trying to sneak in the playoffs. Their starting QB went out and in comes this scruff named Montana.. I think they won. I said to myself- eh this guy will never be anything :) lol

Calls are going to be inconsistent. I get that. But I think the point is that defenders should be able to cover without impeding the progress of the receiver. Defensive holding and illegal contact are in place to prevent defenders from impeding the progress of the receiver.

I think as the year goes on, the refs will continue to settle into a more normal pace for these fouls, but I also think defenders will be trained by then to be less grabby down the field. No matter what, I don't the grabbing and holding that always seems to increase as time goes on should just be allowed. That's not coverage, IMO.

Yes, and not just impeding, but the 'appearance' of impeding.  if you have your left arm around the receivers hip and stick your right hand in front to deflect the pass, you'll be flagged.  In the olden days there had to be evidence of 'turning' the receiver to get that flag. No longer.  But it is defensive holding and illegal contact calls that are up, P.I. seems stable.  I'm watching how this unfolds this year, and maybe over the next few years.  Just compare the current to the last 5 years decline before the renewed emphasis (again!) this year.

{New update posted in NFL General section}

I love how in the Cold Hard Facts article, he goes through every playoff loss under Manning in great detail, and in each one, assigns 100% of the blame to Peyton (and in a decent amount of games Manning was not directly at fault for those losses). How come no mention of playoff legend Tom Brady's playoff shortcomings that we have seen for the past decade, including 2 playoff losses to Manning and 2 Super Bowl losses in which his team was favored (one of them heavily) to win both of them?

And even in 2006, the guy argues that Manning "stumbled" into a SB win because of THREE TOUCHDOWNS AND SEVEN INTERCEPTIONS. Wasn't Manning's only poor game that postseason arguably the Chiefs Wild Card game? I know his stats didn't look pretty vs. the Ravens too but I would've loved to see anyone else go into Baltimore that year and try to light up what was arguably the best defense in the league. The AFCCG vs. the Patriots is self-explanatory and there was no need for Peyton to set the field on fire in the Super Bowl given that the running game was working great (and didn't Peyton have a decent-enough game against the Bears anyway, who, like the Ravens he had played earlier, and arguably the Patriots, had one of the best defenses in the NFL that year?).

What would've made this guy happy? Would Peyton have had to throw for 350 yards and 4 touchdowns in all 4 of those playoff games for that SB win to "count"?

I thought the CHFF article was over-the-top. Didn't read the other one (it's Bleacher Report... c'mon). CHFF definitely was too harsh on Manning but if he gets all the credit when his teams win, he'll take more than his share of the blame, like QBs usually do. 

At the same time, there was really eye-opening stuff in there. Didn't recall that Manning's teams have been the Vegas favorite in more than half of their 16 games (9 of 'em, even some in Foxboro). Lots of myth debunking stuff in there too about Manning and Brady's defenses. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 11, 2014 - talking about another poster
Hidden by Nadine, November 11, 2014 - talking about another poster

I am here. So you grabbed a post and want to become a hero ?.

Oh I was worried about you :)

I'm no hero- I didn't predict the game.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 11, 2014 - per gramz request
Hidden by Nadine, November 11, 2014 - per gramz request

Is there a forum underneath this forum :)

lol. No she posted it on the How to stop the Pats thread on the Colts side.

What is your assessment of what happened to your Broncos last Sunday?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 11, 2014 - per gramz request
Hidden by Nadine, November 11, 2014 - per gramz request

lol. No she posted it on the How to stop the Pats thread on the Colts side.

What is your assessment of what happened to your Broncos last Sunday?

Horrible play by Denver overall.

Special teams sucked.

Defense sucked, the pass.

Quarterback sucked.

Patriots killed the Broncos. Belichick showed some respect not to pile on the agony to Peyton. They could have easily scored over 50.

Horrible play by Denver overall.

Special teams sucked.

Defense sucked, the pass.

Quarterback sucked.

Patriots killed the Broncos. Belichick showed some respect not to pile on the agony to Peyton. They could have easily scored over 50.

I would disagree Peyton sucked. NE defense really schemed up various plays and he still got 400 yds. All it shows is a good defense will stop a good offense :) And ST- yes that was big.

What did Jimmy Johnson always say- win 2 of the 3 phases (offense,defense,ST) and you'll win the game. I firmly believe that. I think we probably won all 3 phases that day.

I would disagree Peyton sucked. NE defense really schemed up various plays and he still got 400 yds. All it shows is a good defense will stop a good offense :) And ST- yes that was big.

What did Jimmy Johnson always say- win 2 of the 3 phases (offense,defense,ST) and you'll win the game. I firmly believe that. I think we probably won all 3 phases that day.

He had 2 INTs which gave Pats 14 points and 59% completions. Second INT was on Welker, still.

Your non stop stalking to my posts. It is ok to let it go.

Wait a minute wait a minute...I seriously can't tell if I'm being punked right now or what....but this thread was dead for almost a week and YOU are the one that brought it back up to the top of the page today by QUOTING me in your comment.

Yet I am 'non-stop stalking' your posts?

"It's ok to let it go"?????

Is this real life???