Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter Benched / Orlovsky To Start (Merge)

unitaswestand

No this was long overdue....

Somebody is laying down the law in Colts-town

The message is: Everybody but No. 18 can be fired

I totally agree with you that it shoudl have been done a long time ago. Just that Orvolosky has little chance to succeed the next few weeks. I would have liked to see it like 7 weeks ago.

Guess they want to see how Dan does agianst the Pats, cause it doesn't matter who plays at QB (unless it's PM), that game is a guarranteed loss unfortunately, but I hope we could pull out a 2007 Eagles against them, and make it a game.

This team will not go 0-16...or everybody will be fired

Who are they going to beat? Patriots, Ravens,Texans? I am just as much a Colt fan as anybody but I would be amazed to see this current active roster win a game. I don't think they could win if Vince Lombardi came back from the dead and was their coach.

I would assume that the timing has to do with the fact that the Painter "lost it" initially when overwhelmed by a great team and an insane crowd in New Orleans. Facing NE on the road might result in him being institutionalized. I don't know who I feel worse for, Painter or Orlovsky. It does nothing to increase my optimism or enthusiasm for the NE matchup. Perhaps they're hoping to reduce turnovers. It's certainly not going to increase anything.

Now is the time Curtis is regressing not progressing. Curtis need to be more confident, inspiring, & most of all WAY MORE ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!! Our offense looks like a Ferrari with NO CAPABLE DRIVER!! Dan will get a shot he deserves it but to very though games here in the next 2 weeks. Honestly I don't care if we win or not, the season is done & get a good draft position & draft WELL! Watching New Orleans last night made me sick thinking our offense USE to be that good!!

This is the first that I have heard of this. I really feel sorry for Curtis. I thought it was not fair that they went out and got Collins at the beginning of the year instead of giving Painter a shot. He has been the backup for a couple of years now, and I felt like he deserved to have the opportunity. And you know what? When he did finally get the opportunity he didn't look that bad. Granted, it has continued to go dowhnhill from there, but still, I feel bad for him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

With that being said, I wish Dan Orlovsky the best of luck.

Jim Irsay, for all his tweeting that Kravitz was full of...you know what, he must have finally seen what Painter was capable of - 2 three and outs to start both halves and being highly erratic. So, now, they are throwing Orlovsky to the wolves - a murderers row vs the Pats, Ravens and Texans in the course of 4 games.

I am hoping that Orlovsky will help us win the Titans game at home in his 3rd game.

When he did finally get the opportunity he didn't look that bad.

I would say that teams, once they got hold of Painter's tendencies in 2 games, figured him out better than our own OC could. No wonder Garcon did not catch a TD after catching 4 TDs in those first 2 games that Painter started.

I would say that teams, once they got hold of Painter's tendencies in 2 games, figured him out better than our own OC could. No wonder Garcon did not catch a TD after catching 4 TDs in those first 2 games that Painter started.

Remember two of those were screens that garcon just broke.

This only improves our chances on going 0-16. Cheers Caldwell

I would still love to know why the flip-flop. I could swear just last week I heard coach can't adjust say Curtis is our guy, and just has'nt been given enough time. Now I am sure the guys in the locker heard and are wondering the same thing I am, who is calling the shots. Either this coach is a complete puppet or has zero credibility, and maybe that is the whole problem.

I would still love to know why the flip-flop. I could swear just last week I heard coach can't adjust say Curtis is our guy, and just has'nt been given enough time. Now I am sure the guys in the locker heard and are wondering the same thing I am, who is calling the shots. Either this coach is a complete puppet or has zero credibility, and maybe that is the whole problem.

I would love to know the reason, also. Up to today (Tuesday) both Polian and Caldwell went out of their way to try to justify Painter's pitiful play. Do anyone believe Irsay may have finally stepped in and made the decision for the organization?

I feel bad for Painter,he can put together some good series.Problem is inconsistency and trying to overachieve.From what I've seen O not much better.Guess they could try McAfee,he is the 3rd string and he's pretty much doing it all already. :lol:

Maybe not throwing 50 times a game would help everyone.

Why do people around here ever take what a pro sports coach/manager/GM ever says in the press as fact? they lie, they lie all the time and will continue to lie, fudge the truth, say the opposite of what they feel, it is how it is done in pro sports and heck even on the college level. People need to learn that you never trust what anyone says, you just sit back and see what they do.