Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter Benched / Orlovsky To Start (Merge)

unitaswestand

Painter should still start, I doubt a guy that has been in the system for a month (not counting preseason) could do much better. Ex. Kerry Collins.

Think they might be looking to see if he will be Painter's replacement? Let's take a look. Painter is horrible....

This is the first that I have heard of this. I really feel sorry for Curtis. I thought it was not fair that they went out and got Collins at the beginning of the year instead of giving Painter a shot. He has been the backup for a couple of years now, and I felt like he deserved to have the opportunity. And you know what? When he did finally get the opportunity he didn't look that bad. Granted, it has continued to go dowhnhill from there, but still, I feel bad for him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

With that being said, I wish Dan Orlovsky the best of luck.

This is where I'm at.

But I really don't think Orlovsky is going to do any better so I hope people aren't expecting much.

I honestly think with a middel of the road NFL QB, this team would likely be a 500 team. The poor play of Painter has had an effect on some many areas. The offense does so little that the defensive is on the field most of the time and gets worn out. We have good RBs, good receivers. I can think of five games that we would have won. I know everyone is screaming the team needs to start over or rebuild, but I think it is mostly Painters bad play that has the team down so bad. Yeah, I know, defense was horrid against NO and in some other games. But the defense is what it has mostly been the past few years. Can't stop run well. Huge cushions. Difference is the offensive was putting up points.

I would still love to know why the flip-flop. I could swear just last week I heard coach can't adjust say Curtis is our guy, and just has'nt been given enough time. Now I am sure the guys in the locker heard and are wondering the same thing I am, who is calling the shots. Either this coach is a complete puppet or has zero credibility, and maybe that is the whole problem.

i think they want to see if either can be kept as a backup , hard to tell behind this bad o-line

I feel bad for Painter,he can put together some good series.Problem is inconsistency and trying to overachieve.From what I've seen O not much better.Guess they could try McAfee,he is the 3rd string and he's pretty much doing it all already. :lol:

we wont do good with any qb untill we get an o-line that can pass block. and we wont win untill we have a great o-line and dts that can destroy the pocket, then superbowl bound with any average qb

we wont do good with any qb untill we get an o-line that can pass block. and we wont win untill we have a great o-line and dts that can destroy the pocket, then superbowl bound with any average qb

This team would be 9-2 at worst with Manning. He has compensated for the horrible flaws in this team for years.

wow, it took this long to bench him?

I remember when Painter replaced Collins how people were saying that Curtis is such a better player, he is a good player etc.

No he is not, is is horrible and he will never be good. He has no balls and no guts. You can suck like Tebow and still win games. All u need is balls, and Painter has none.

I newer thought that Painter would be able to substitute Manning (or just leading Colts offensive drives effectively), and Collins' signing suggests that coaching staff was aware of that (however I didn't understand why we are signing a retired QB).

I don't know if Orlovsky would be better, but let's see, perhaps he has the chance and shows up sg.!

Guess they want to see how Dan does agianst the Pats, cause it doesn't matter who plays at QB (unless it's PM), that game is a guarranteed loss unfortunately, but I hope we could pull out a 2007 Eagles against them, and make it a game.

yea, i dont see things getting worse than less than 55 percent passing like when painter was at the helm, our chance of winning increased to 10 percent vs 0 with painter. :D

yea, i dont see things getting worse than less than 55 percent passing like when painter was at the helm, our chance of winning increased to 10 percent vs 0 with painter. :D

Orlovsky's team has never won in the 15 games in which he has thrown a pass.

(Of course, the same thing could be said of Painter's team in the 11 games in which he has thrown a pass!)

Orlovsky is famous for getting in to the end zone then getting out of the endzone like he did with Dallas. I cannot believe the Colts are so pathetic with the backups that they will go winless for the year. The only gut getting playing time is the punter!!!!!