Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

roy hall vs darrick rogers

CR91

Most of you know I was a big Rogers guy. I thought he was going to be our future 1 and a top 10 Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Josh Gordon type beast. Remember though its not what he done on the field to get released, its what he done off the field, and I still think he has that number 1 type talent. I hate that we let him go because we may never know what he could have been. Don't forget that he started the big rally against Kansas City in the playoffs with that great catch. Best of luck to Da'Rick.

Mike Hart was hyped up pretty big too if I remember correctly.

yeah but he produced in very limited chances he got on the field, Never getting more then 43 carries in a season and for a 6th round pick he he sure gets a lot of flack....2 of the 4 games in in his career that he got more then 10 carries(And he never got more then 12 in a game....84 yards in that game) he averaged well over 4ypc

Perhaps there is something about those that hype players and not the players themselves so much.....What about Roy Halls production and draft status is worth hyping about......52 catches 580 yards in 45 games......Now Rogers on the other hand......There really is no comparison to be made

I was not around the forum during Roy Halls time but it's hard to imagine anyone more hyped than Da'Rick the man the myth the legend . Reading posts on here he was a 200 yards 4TD a game receiver future SB MVP league MVP was going to smash every receiving record made while curing cancer and world hunger in the off season . For those guys it must be hard to believe he is a free agent and was not active a single game this season .

Who's Roy Hall?

Seriously. I have no idea who that is.

For us Buckeyes, Roy Hall is best known as the guy who stepped on Ted Ginn's ankle after Ted ran back the opening KO in a BCS championship game against Florida. Ginn was injured and didn't play the rest of the game.

Ginn was our deep threat. After that score FL ran it up against us and we were totally embarrassed. We don't blame the loss on Hall, but he certainly didn't help.

As a WR, he had straight line speed but wasn't fluid and could never get separation even in college.

Perhaps there is something about those that hype players and not the players themselves so much.....What about Roy Halls production and draft status is worth hyping about......52 catches 580 yards in 45 games......Now Rogers on the other hand......There really is no comparison to be made

Was that his college stats?

Roy Hall was a waste of a 5th Round draft pick. Da'Rick was a free agent. Hype aside, Giving Da'Rick a try was of little expense. And to be fair, Da'Rick actually helped us last season with a huge catch during the playoff comeback win. Hall, at no fault of his own, was a reach pick who flopped. (Come to think of it, I hope Mewhort and Boom continue to help break the spell of disappointing The OSU picks - Schleichter, Gonzalez, Quinn Pitcock, Hall....egads!)

great thread.

will anyone learn a lesson?

People on this forum learn a lesson???  hahaha.  Nice thought.  It never ends.  I remember this season after week two saying they hope the Colts lose all the games to get a good draft pick.  Or how about Hamilton must go and running the ball is stupid.  Or stopping the run is 20 years ago defense.  Yet, now that the offensive line is playing better so the offense is more balanced, there are no complains.

Unfortunately, some lesser educated, hair triggers fans on here will always jump on someone week to week like the sky is falling.  Or promote a player who is a preseason star.   You just have to look at it like a little kid thinking they can fly.

Roy Hall was a waste of a 5th Round draft pick. Da'Rick was a free agent. Hype aside, Giving Da'Rick a try was of little expense. And to be fair, Da'Rick actually helped us last season with a huge catch during the playoff comeback win. Hall, at no fault of his own, was a reach pick who flopped. (Come to think of it, I hope Mewhort and Boom continue to help break the spell of disappointing The OSU picks - Schleichter, Gonzalez, Quinn Pitcock, Hall....egads!)

Can a 5th round pick truly be a flop?

To me he had the type of size and athleticism that warranted selection and if they hit a home run then it was a great pick but if not, the cost was low.

Can a 5th round pick truly be a flop?

To me he had the type of size and athleticism that warranted selection and if they hit a home run then it was a great pick but if not, the cost was low.

Comparing him with a free agent, I'll say he's a relative flop.