Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coaches need to Re-evaluated!... NOW

Indeee

I have never ever posted against our Coaches however after today's botch of game management near the end I personally need an explanation.

Y in the fire pit would you run the ball up 7, in field goal range with a minute fifty left...

It should've been take knee all the way and kick field goal. NO WAY Ravens will ever score 10 points in a minute thirty... EVER

This bonehead decision could've cost us the game and somebody needs some Splainin' to do

I have never ever posted against our Coaches however after today's botch of game management near the end I personally need an explanation.

Y in the fire pit would you run the ball up 7, in field goal range with a minute fifty left...

It should've been take knee all the way and kick field goal. NO WAY Ravens will ever score 10 points in a minute thirty... EVER

This bonehead decision could've cost us the game and somebody needs some Splainin' to do

1z21w.jpg

Really, this is what you're questioning? You absolutely run the ball there. It's Bradshaw that needs to know you don't fight for extra yards in that situation.

You sir sound like an ideal NFL head coaching candidate, and I would like to subscribe to your Newsletter.

Keep up the quality posting!

are you friggin *? you take a knee ALL DAY in that situation

Rather than asking about posters recreational habits why don't you explain why you think we should take a knee there. 

No, you don't.

Conversely please explain why you run it in the same situation.

Honest question for both :)

No, you don't.

Dude that is football 101... they burn timeouts and you kick field goal and go up by 10.. running the ball gets you exactly what we got.. a chance to botch a handoff or fumble.. if you really think you run the ball there you know nothing about game management football

Dude that is football 101... they burn timeouts and you kick field goal and go up by 10.. running the ball gets you exactly what we got.. a chance to botch a handoff or fumble.. if you really think you run the ball there you know nothing about game management football

If you get a first down the game is over. Anything can happen on a FG. Taking a knee in that situation is defeatist mentality and teams rarely fumble in that situation. No team would take a knee in that situation, despite what you may believe.

please find a game in the NFL that has the qb kneel up 7 then kick a fg. Good luck finding that footage. The back has to hit the deck and hold onto the ball

Im shocked at these knucklehead responses. If ravens march the field and tie the game after the stupid decision not to take a knee on THEIR 18 with 1:50 left and in position to go up by 10, every single one of you would be screaming

Im shocked at these knucklehead responses. If ravens march the field and tie the game after the stupid decision not to take a knee on THEIR 18 with 1:50 left and in position to go up by 10, every single one of you would be screaming

At Bradshaw for fumbling. You run the ball there period.

If you get a first down the game is over. Anything can happen on a FG. Taking a knee in that situation is defeatist mentality and teams rarely fumble in that situation. No team would take a knee in that situation, despite what you may believe.

It was a first down there for one, and how is it defeatist? WE are up by 7 and in position to go up by 10.. The smart play is to kneel down. They still use their timeouts and ultimately have to score twice in 1:30 seconds

Okay, so stop posting responses.

I think there's a degree of hindsight to your posting. Would you still be calling out the coaches if no fumble had occurred? I very much doubt it.

Going by your idea then, we take 2 knees (Ravens burn their 2 TOs) and we kick a FG. I reckon that leaves about 1:14ish left on the clock with Colts up by 10. It gives the Ravens a chance, however unlikely to win the game.

Conversely getting a first down in the the same situation ends the game there and then, I'm fairly sure that if you look up the percentage chances of fumbling in that scenario then the probabilities or on the coaches side.

It was the right call, it was just a poor job securing the ball which should have been paramount in Bradshaw's mind. Like I said 9 times out of 10 this thread never gets made because no fumble occurs.   

getting another first down ends the game. Imagine kneeling three times then have a botched snap or hold.

This is hands down a bonehead post. So the coaching gets criticized for passing in the red zone against the Eagles, but when they run it they also get criticized?? Great play calling to run the clock down it was just a mistake by Bradshaw, no one else to blame.

I think there's a degree of hindsight to your posting. Would you still be calling out the coaches if no fumble had occurred? I very much doubt it.

Going by your idea then, we take 2 knees (Ravens burn their 2 TOs) and we kick a FG. I reckon that leaves about 1:14ish left on the clock with Colts up by 10. It gives the Ravens a chance, however unlikely to win the game.

Conversely getting a first down in the the same situation ends the game there and then, I'm fairly sure that if you look up the percentage chances of fumbling in that scenario then the probabilities or on the coaches side.

It was the right call, it was just a poor job securing the ball which should have been paramount in Bradshaw's mind. Like I said 9 times out of 10 this thread never gets made because no fumble occurs.

On all seriousness after the throw for the first down and they elected to run the ball I started screaming in bar at tv.. That first down before the run was the ine that ended the game. There was no way we would've gotten first down there as ravens stacked entire team at line, as they like the rest of us knew we were running the ball to get them to burn their timeouts to set up fg attempt. So with that being said if everybody knew that WHY run to burn their timeouts? If we were anywhere but on 18 yard line I would agree to run, however after we got that first down you kneel and kick fg

When literally everyone disagrees with what you're saying than it might just be you who is being the "knucklehead".

The fumble wasn't bad coaching...... And I'm usually the one calling for Pep's head

The fumble was the result of when a player tries to do too much instead of admitting defeat/taking what the defense gives you

Bradshaw should've just went down. When you have 2-5 people on you, unless you're AP during his 2,000 yard season..... Please just fall

Griff Whalen & Ahmad Bradshaw need to learn to accept defeat. Just go down, we had the game won

On all seriousness after the throw for the first down and they elected to run the ball I started screaming in bar at tv.. That first down before the run was the ine that ended the game. There was no way we would've gotten first down there as ravens stacked entire team at line, as they like the rest of us knew we were running the ball to get them to burn their timeouts to set up fg attempt. So with that being said if everybody knew that WHY run to burn their timeouts? If we were anywhere but on 18 yard line I would agree to run, however after we got that first down you kneel and kick fg

To take a knee x 3 means the Ravens have a slim chance of winning the game. 

To run/run then kick a FG gives you chance to make a 1st down that ends the game there (then you can kneel it out).

There's more chance of you making a first down then fumbling... so yeah it's the correct play to make in the situation. 

I've never seen a team take three knees in a row in that situation at any level of football. Have you? Didn't think so.

I do believe this has happened once.... only because the team was blowing out the opposition so badly. 2011 Magnolia bowl..

But yeah that's an unique situation that doesn't apply here. 

How many people turned to stare at you for that? Wish I could've seen it.

Coaches weren't the ones turning the ball over. Look once in the redzone they threw a pick because they were being aggressive. Then they fumbled when being conservative. That's not the coaches. That's Luck throwing a ball he shouldn't have and Bradshaw fighting for extra yards when he shouldn't have been. That's on the field decision making by the players not the coaches. Why do we go to such great lengths to not criticize the players when they make mistakes around here unless it's one of the forum whipping boys in Trent, Fleener, or Toler?