Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Trade Targets ( for OLB)

GoColtsGo5150

Werner, Walden, and Newsome just have to play better. Add in a few blitzes to get pressure on the QB. This team has too many needs to give away draft picks for the average players listed.

I watched the game and Brandon Graham looked like a beast against the Jags last Sunday.

Philadelphia Eagles Week 1 PFF Grades: Brandon Graham ...

Although he is not a sure thing, he may be more than just an average player. Graham has very good pass rushing abilities.

Perhaps we could offer them a mid round pick?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon Graham looked like a beast against the Jags last Sunday.

Although he is not a sure thing, he may be more than just an average player. He has very good pass rushing abilities.

Perhaps we could offer them a mid round pick?

I wouldn't trade any early or mid round picks. The team still needs two coverage safeties, OLB, RB, ILB, and a G.

I wouldn't trade any early or mid round picks. The team still needs two coverage safeties, OLB, RB, ILB, and a G.

But without a pass rush. We are toast.

We now only have Werner and he still has not even shown he can bring the rush, week in, week out.

And what if (God forbid) he gets hurt? 

We can get by with our ILBs and RBs and Guards.

The time is now to win. Not next year.

I liked Brandon Graham coming out of college and wanted the Colts to draft him in 2010. But Philadelphia selected him with the 13th overall selection.

He struggled a bit in his first season and then got injured.

Last year he had to learn a new position, when the Eagles went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 under Chip Kelly.

Graham has been labeled as "a bust" in Philadelphia.

Brandon Graham Says He's a Bust: Is He? | Bleacher Report

He has complained about not starting, and there have been several rumors regarding the Eagles wishing to trade Graham.

Brandon Graham reportedly on Eagles' trade block - NFL.com

One thing about Brandon Graham though...  He can get after the QB.

I would say he has great natural pass rushing skills.

It looks like Grigson was the Eagles Player Personnel Director when Graham was drafted in round 1 (and they even traded up to acquire him) 

So Graham would be an obvious player of interest should Grigson be considering a trade.

However a few thing do work against the idea at this particular time:

(1)  I watched the Eagles vs Jaguars game and Brandon Graham played excellent. One of his best games. Thus improving his current  status with the Eagles.

(2)  We play the Eagles Monday night and I doubt they would want to trade Graham to their next opponent.

(3)  With all the heat Grigson has taken over the Trent Richardson deal, he may be reluctant to give away more draft choices.

Still, in order for this team to compete for the playoffs and Super Bowl this year, we may need to find a viable pass rusher.

Brandon Graham could fill that need.

Worth looking into

We need to just weather the storm and honestly assess the present and future of this team.  The truth is if Mathis had come back after his suspension, registered 30 sacks in the remaining 12 games, and found an ability to play iron man football and become an amazing running back in the postseason without sacrificing his pass rush abilities, we are still not a Super Bowl team yet.  And further truth is that we're still gonna win the division and probably lose in the wild card or divisional round.  But we have 10+ years of Andrew Luck on our team, and he's about to make a lot more money, so we need to think in terms of increasing draft picks for depth instead of panicking and trading them for a quick fix.  We need to stop acting like our window is closing, it just started opening

But without a pass rush. We are toast.

We now only have Werner and he still has not even shown he can bring the rush, week in, week out.

And what if (God forbid) he gets hurt? 

We can get by with our ILBs and RBs and Guards.

The time is now to win. Not next year.

Were going to have to blitz more. Graham won't make that much of a difference or else he wouldn't be on the trading block, the Eagles run the same defense as we do. This team isn't good enough at FS, RB, and ILB to win it all this year. I would rather keep that 3rd round pick.

Were going to have to blitz more. Graham won't make that much of a difference or else he wouldn't be on the trading block, the Eagles run the same defense as we do. This team isn't good enough at FS, RB, and ILB to win it all this year. I would rather keep that 3rd round pick.

Complete teams do not always win the Superbowl. Good teams do not always win the Superbowl.  Sometimes crap sticks to the wall and that's enough.

Complete teams do not always win the Superbowl. Good teams do not always win the Superbowl.  Sometimes crap sticks to the wall and that's enough.

Teams with great defense that forces turnovers win superbowls. This is how the Patriots 3x, Steerlers 2x, Giants 2x, Colts, Saints, Packers and Seahawks won  the past decade. This team isn't close talent wise defensively to win it all.

The year we won the Super Bowl we didn't show to be a good defensive team until we got into the playoffs.  As a matter of fact we went into the playoffs with the media and everyone else laughing at the defense.

Bob Sanders was hurt that year, with him in the playoffs we looked like a top 5 defense. The year before we were ranked 11th, the following year he won DPOY. He was the most important player to any defense since 2000 Ray Lewis.

I'd like to see us send maybe a 4th or 5th to a team that has good depth at OLB, and therefore have some young pass rush talent they fear they might not be able to resign. Players that come to mind are....

Jason Worilds

Justin Houston

I think Worilds could be had, might be a little more difficult to pry Houston away for anything less than a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

The year we won the Super Bowl we didn't show to be a good defensive team until we got into the playoffs.  As a matter of fact we went into the playoffs with the media and everyone else laughing at the defense.

And then Bobzilla got healthy for his usual 3 or 4 games a season in time for our Super Bowl run. The man blew his own body up with those hits but MAN could he hit.

This is a completely uneducated and would never happen but with seeing on a story that Greg Hardy missed practice for an undisclosed reason it made my mind wonder. Could Carolina be trying to move a guy that they have had a hard time signing to a long term. Could Grigs want to make a big move for him even if just for 1 year to replace Mathis? What would it cost and what do we have that Carolina want.  

Hardy for Nicks and a 6th rounder. Carolina tried to get Nicks in the off season and obviously need depth at WR.

Will never happen but Ive tried worse trades playing GM in Madden. haha

I'd like to see us send maybe a 4th or 5th to a team that has good depth at OLB, and therefore have some young pass rush talent they fear they might not be able to resign. Players that come to mind are....

Jason Worilds

Justin Houston

I think Worilds could be had, might be a little more difficult to pry Houston away for anything less than a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

They wouldn't let Houston go for anything less than a 1st..

They wouldn't let Houston go for anything less than a 1st..

I'd personally give a first for him. I get that it is good to have draft picks, I really do. My issue is that if the player is relatively young (25 in his case) and is already producing at a high level, wouldn't it be worth it? Consider that we are probably picking in the mid-20's anyway. Many on this board have complained that Grigs hasn't drafted entirely well since his first class. Why not trade a first for a guy that can legitimately be viewed as an instant successor for Mathis? I think it would be better to be proactive and get a guy that can contribute for years to come rather than hope that a player's skill set can transfer to a bigger, faster game. Just my thinking, though. If the need is there, the player is young, and the price is right, take it and run. Premiere pass-rushers are vastly important in today's game. 

Jason Worilds

Justin Houston

Teams don't give away young pass rushers for pocket change. Houston is a stud and the steelers just resigned worilds in the off season and cut LaMaar Woodley....good luck.

I'd personally give a first for him. I get that it is good to have draft picks, I really do. My issue is that if the player is relatively young (25 in his case) and is already producing at a high level, wouldn't it be worth it? Consider that we are probably picking in the mid-20's anyway. Many on this board have complained that Grigs hasn't drafted entirely well since his first class. Why not trade a first for a guy that can legitimately be viewed as an instant successor for Mathis? I think it would be better to be proactive and get a guy that can contribute for years to come rather than hope that a player's skill set can transfer to a bigger, faster game. Just my thinking, though. If the need is there, the player is young, and the price is right, take it and run. Premiere pass-rushers are vastly important in today's game.

I would do cart wheels, but I doubt the Cheifs let him go.

I think the best the organization can do at this point is to readjust expectations and not do anything that will hurt the team's future.  There is literally no one that can replace a beast like Mathis and trying to is only going to lead to disappointment.  Just need to accept that this year's season and defense are completely hopeless this year and try to make the best of it.  Maybe the team can get some decent draft picks, however unlikely with Grigson, and the team can be successful next year.  Does anyone know how many more years this team has before Hilton's, Allen's, Fleener's and Luck's rookie contracts are up because that is about how much time the team has to win a Superbowl before it completely regresses and doesn't have the cap space to but a contender together?

Can somebody please tell me how to use the ignore feature?

Can somebody please tell me how to use the ignore feature?

It is not easy being Cheezy when some poster(s) are here to simply act sleazy. Click on your name up top, then my profile, hit edit, and ignore should be number five on the list of options to the left. Add name... and then they magically disappear. Mobile might be different.

I think the best the organization can do at this point is to readjust expectations and not do anything that will hurt the team's future.  There is literally no one that can replace a beast like Mathis and trying to is only going to lead to disappointment.  Just need to accept that this year's season and defense are completely hopeless this year and try to make the best of it.  Maybe the team can get some decent draft picks, however unlikely with Grigson, and the team can be successful next year.  Does anyone know how many more years this team has before Hilton's, Allen's, Fleener's and Luck's rookie contracts are up because that is about how much time the team has to win a Superbowl before it completely regresses and doesn't have the cap space to but a contender together?

Does someone literally pi*s in your Cheerio's every morning?