Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DirecTV / NBC (local)

buccolts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't sure if this was the right spot for this, but..........

Where's a good place to watch the Colts/Broncos this Sunday Night, should DirecTV & NBC not resolve their little spat in time?

I'm in the Westfield area.

Can't help you, but I know one thing from years of experience. If you have DTV, you better have an over the air antenna as a backup plan.

You can pick NBC up with an antenna

CBS you cannot pick up with an antenna but once they move to WISH TV in 2015 I think you'll be able to get them with an antenna

http://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/movies/2014/08/11/wttv-cbs-indianapolis-network-shift-wish-fox59/13893289/

I use over the air antenna and picked up channel 8 for the saints game, that is with a home made indoor antenna, an outside one should get it with no problem. I live about an hour north of Indy.

Thanks everyone.

I'll be picking up an antenna soon.

find the best spot for reliable reception on nbc well in advance of the game, especially being in westfield. if not, you'll be very frustrated from the picture going in & out. it's not like analog where you'd get a little 'snow'. you either have a perfect picture or no picture at all with digital signals

You can pick NBC up with an antenna

CBS you cannot pick up with an antenna but once they move to WISH TV in 2015 I think you'll be able to get them with an antenna

http://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/movies/2014/08/11/wttv-cbs-indianapolis-network-shift-wish-fox59/13893289/

Not sure why you think that you cannot get channel 8 (WISH-TV, current Indy CBS affiliate) with an antenna?  I only have over the air television and get all of the digital versions channel 8 just fine.  I also get the channel 23 stations which are also part of WISH.

Where's a good place to watch the Colts/Broncos this Sunday Night, should DirecTV & NBC not resolve their little spat in time?

I have direct t.v. im in between avon and crawfordsville, just checked and 13 still has the game scheduled

I use over the air antenna and picked up channel 8 for the saints game, that is with a home made indoor antenna, an outside one should get it with no problem. I live about an hour north of Indy.

I tried and returned 2 antennas

They picked up every station except cbs

If there is an antenna that picks it up id like to know which one

Not sure why you think that you cannot get channel 8 (WISH-TV, current Indy CBS affiliate) with an antenna?  I only have over the air television and get all of the digital versions channel 8 just fine.  I also get the channel 23 stations which are also part of WISH.

Because I tried

Antenna could see cbs but it seemed the signal was not strong enough for a picture

I just tried indoor antennas

Because I tried

Antenna could see cbs but it seemed the signal was not strong enough for a picture

I just tried indoor antennas

I understand now.  I guess I'm pretty spoiled being close to downtown.  I'm not really familiar with how far the signals travel.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I understand now.  I guess I'm pretty spoiled being close to downtown.  I'm not really familiar with how far the signals travel.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My daughter lives in the city and can't get cbs

I don't know what the deal with their signal is

I'm told their antenna is south of the city

I gave up because I figured I needed an outdoor antenna. I have a friend that got one and connected it to her cat wiring. Now she gets all the free channels on all her tvs , even the one in her basement

I tried and returned 2 antennas

They picked up every station except cbs

If there is an antenna that picks it up id like to know which one

8 has a fairly weak signal depending on where you live that's probably the problem.

Also, since we are talking about Colts games on local TV. For those who have not heard WRTV, ABC, will be airing the Colts Monday Night football games this year.

I'm not sure how it will work, but I have read that NCAA and NFL games will not be affected by the blackout.

*Edit*. Looks like I misread. Sorry. Antenna will be the only way.

I'm not sure how it will work, but I have read that NCAA and NFL games will not be affected by the blackout.

*Edit*. Looks like I misread. Sorry. Antenna will be the only way.

No, you're right.  This is from the Direct TV website "...Despite Raycom’s unnecessary blackout, NFL and college football fans can see all of the first few week’s action uninterrupted, and the majority of ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC series won’t premiere for several more weeks."

I live in the 47012 area code (Franklin County) I have an outdoor antenna with a signal booster from Radio Shack I barely get ABC channel 6.1, LWS 6.2HTSN 6.3LWN during the day at night is good. CBS 8.1 WISH 8.2 LWS 8.3 Radar comes in perfectly unless it really rains and storms badly. 13.1WTHR 13.2COZI 13.3 ME-TV comes in perfect unless it storms badly. I also get Cincy channels being closer to them than Indy. Nadine if you get a cheap outdoor antenna you should be able to get WISH-TV channel * very easily.

No, you're right.  This is from the Direct TV website "...Despite Raycom’s unnecessary blackout, NFL and college football fans can see all of the first few week’s action uninterrupted, and the majority of ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC series won’t premiere for several more weeks."

THAT'S what I read. When I went back and looked for it, I couldnt find it.

NBC streams Sunday Night Football, so you can watch it online if it comes down to that.

I have Direct TV too, but I forgot about this option as my last resort fall back position if necessary. You Rock Superman! Thank you. 

I can never go anywhere to watch Colts games. SW1 gets too animated man.  haha I gotta stay home.

Plus, the sports bar patrons would get in an uproar if they knew I was a diehard Colts fan in Packers Country man. I get enough grief from my own family over my  :blueshoe:  loyalty. Ha! Ha! 

Analog ones were. Broadcasts switched to a digital signal. There are digital antennas that can receive these signals.

That sounds like an oxymo-ron like say "primitive technology" or "backwoods advancements".  :P Only teasing Smurphy! Good information there though. Thank you. 

No, you're right. This is from the Direct TV website "...Despite Raycom’s unnecessary blackout, NFL and college football fans can see all of the first few week’s action uninterrupted, and the majority of ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC series won’t premiere for several more weeks."

I am really confused by this, so does that mean the game will just automatically pop on channel 13 during game day or is there something in particular one has to do???

Or does it need to be streamed from the DTV website or will it be on an alternate channel??? Trying to figure this out so I don't deal w it at the last second..

I am really confused by this, so does that mean the game will just automatically pop on channel 13 during game day or is there something in particular one has to do???

I'm in Bama, so I have no idea what channel 13 is for you.  Are you saying your Direct TV NBC feed is already turned off?  Mine still works, as of yesterday.

I just quoted what they said on their website, that the NFL games will still be on. 

http://directvpromise.com/

It's dated today (9/3).