Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning gets in DJ Swearinger's face; Get's penalized for taunting.

Dustin

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to know the whole story 1st. And, Peyton can get fiery mad. We have tape of him chewing Jeff Saturday out, mic'd up. Here's another version-

http://allfortennessee.com/2014/08/23/peyton-manning-gets-flagged-taunting-video/

Yeah the Jeff Saturday fight is priceless. Manning doesn't display his animosity when he gets mad much but when he does it makes a story.

If you remember, a Steelers safety talked trash about Brady before the Patriots-Steelers game during their 16-0 season.

Brady threw a TD and barked at that safety, I remember it distinctly. These elite QBs did not get there without some fire. Yeah, all of them have some limitations but the fire always burns inside, lets not dismiss them as some robots.

If you remember, a Steelers safety talked trash about Brady before the Patriots-Steelers game during their 16-0 season.

Brady threw a TD and barked at that safety, I remember it distinctly. These elite QBs did not get there without some fire. Yeah, all of them have some limitations but the fire always burns inside, lets not dismiss them as some robots.

Well at least Peyton didn't pull a Tom Brady and yell at an official after the game.

Swearinger is a punk. I hated his attitude in college (talented though), and just watching him for the last 2 years solidifies that hate. I watched him on Hard Knocks last week and he started a fight with Douglas (both were at fault) and now he goes out and he tries headhunting in the preseason. I assume that there was a heated rivalry in practice and he wanted to get some revenge or to leave his mark. 

Manning is a class act and a competitor, so to see him go up to Swearinger and say "Efff you" makes me happy. This kid needs to sit down, shut up and stay within the boundaries. He's a punk and someone or something will knock him back to reality. 

I'm reading through the thread, and I love how some people see this as an opportunity to knock Manning. Go ahead and knock him, it's obvious that those fans are jealous. Peyton Manning is just a tad better than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Anyways, I love Manning's intensity and I hate how Swearinger has this inflated ego and goes headhunting. 

Of course when Peyton Manning headbutts another guy and does extra things after the play is over it is awesome and he should be applauded but a guy actually making a tackle (you know, what these guys are actually paid to do) is a bad thing. Well, the better team won tonight, that much was apparent. Headhunting is something a lot of fans who don't know football like to cry when they see a hit they don't like on a guy on their team. Oh well, Swearinger hasn't been suspended for anything nor had any fines so he is doing something right. I like that he has swagger and isn't afraid to talk trash, even to stuck-up veterans who think they run things.

Of course when Peyton Manning headbutts another guy and does extra things after the play is over it is awesome and he should be applauded but a guy actually making a tackle (you know, what these guys are actually paid to do) is a bad thing. Well, the better team won tonight, that much was apparent. Headhunting is something a lot of fans who don't know football like to cry when they see a hit they don't like on a guy on their team. Oh well, Swearinger hasn't been suspended for anything nor had any fines so he is doing something right. I like that he has swagger and isn't afraid to talk trash, even to stuck-up veterans who think they run things.

dont worry Archie will put him in timeout when he gets home.

hey read some of the Colts threads tonight and you'll understand why he asked that. I guess some of us missed the memo that we are supposed to care about the pre-season now.

Yeah, I have taken a look. I think it is a tad extreme to declare the season over or an eventual SB victory in the preseason but at the same time there is a reason the games are played I suppose. I believe that it's okay to critique performances, as that is what the coaches are going to definitely be doing. It is good to preserve excitement or extreme disappointment for when the season actually starts though.

Yeah, I have taken a look. I think it is a tad extreme to declare the season over or an eventual SB victory in the preseason but at the same time there is a reason the games are played I suppose. I believe that it's okay to critique performances, as that is what the coaches are going to definitely be doing. It is good to preserve excitement or extreme disappointment for when the season actually starts though.

yeah I agree. It's one thing to point out fair concerns it's another to be shoving people out of the way so your the first person off the bandwagon like some are doing though.

Respectfully to you, but you got it all wrong. Swearingjar (whatever this hacks name is) got punked by Mr Manning through the air, and then straight to his face, man to man. 

That kid got punked, hard and personally. How is this hack gonna play DB with his tail between his legs all season? 

Lol did you just called Manning a stuck up veteran?.

You realise Manning touching the helmet is way different than hitting and creating a concussion right?.

You realise Manning touching the helmet is way different than hitting and creating a concussion right?.

Being that was the first time in his storied, Hall of Fame career he has EVER done anything like this, it speaks to the transgressions of this punk he faced out.

No way PM does that without damn good reason.  

Well DJ intercepted Manning during the joint practices and was running his mouth off.

Manning burned him during the game and probably told him to shut up :)

They've been going against Houston all week..and its not been friendly..

Nobody on Denver apparentky liked the hit on Welker which knocked him out

But Houston plays Denver very well...they did last year....and they have a top defense

Houston isn't the same team they were last year

You knew he would be applauded for it. It is just his "competitive fire" coming out. lol. I do like it though because I like emotion and emotional players although dumb to take the penalty but hey it is preseason. I will be filing this away for every time Colts fans try to remind me that Manning is the calm and collected one and Brady is not. :)

Told you Swearinger will let you know what was said, he always does:

@RapSheet: A Peyton taunting penalty. Awesome. RT @MikeKlis: DJ Swearinger on what Peyton Manning said to him in end zone: "He said 'F me.'"

That hit on Wes Welker has lingering implications for the entire season...

Manning was mad that Swearinger had knocked Welker out it seems. Although the hit was legit. Welker dunked low and Swearinger hit him with shoulder and forearm. I think at this point Welker needs to probably hang it up. Playing slot with multiple concussions is bad news. Too many over the middle chances for a hard hit and he is short so guys will unintentionally hit his head.

Of course when Peyton Manning headbutts another guy and does extra things after the play is over it is awesome and he should be applauded but a guy actually making a tackle (you know, what these guys are actually paid to do) is a bad thing. Well, the better team won tonight, that much was apparent. Headhunting is something a lot of fans who don't know football like to cry when they see a hit they don't like on a guy on their team. Oh well, Swearinger hasn't been suspended for anything nor had any fines so he is doing something right. I like that he has swagger and isn't afraid to talk trash, even to stuck-up veterans who think they run things.

....... But he sucks

It's one thing to trash talk, it's another to get embarrassed after trash talking

At least Richard Sherman backs his up. This swear kid has been getting embarrassed since coming in the NFL.

At some point the trash talking has to go out the window

Respectfully to you, but you got it all wrong. Swearingjar (whatever this hacks name is) got punked by Mr Manning through the air, and then straight to his face, man to man.

That kid got punked, hard and personally. How is this hack gonna play DB with his tail between his legs all season?

The defense got beat, for once. They kicked Mannings butt like Seattle did in the SB during practice, and even got a pick off of him during the game. Of course you and the other Peyton fanboys encourage his punkish behavior but God forbid another player do it. How did Andrew Interception play last night? I heard he lost just like Manning did.

What else do you call a guy who has done what he's done and complained about through the years? Did you see the hit? And I don't care what the situation was, Manning did something that warranted a fight. I bet he wouldn't pull that crap on Watt or Clowney.

....... But he sucks

It's one thing to trash talk, it's another to get embarrassed after trash talking

At least Richard Sherman backs his up. This swear kid has been getting embarrassed since coming in the NFL.

At some point the trash talking has to go out the window

No he doesn't, and no he hasn't. You don't even watch Colts games so I know without a doubt you don't watch Texans games. Swearinger is a bright spot on this defense, and he wasn't the only player talking trash this week. Funny you didn't see any Texans trying to start any fights.

You knew he would be applauded for it. It is just his "competitive fire" coming out. lol. I do like it though because I like emotion and emotional players although dumb to take the penalty but hey it is preseason. I will be filing this away for every time Colts fans try to remind me that Manning is the calm and collected one and Brady is not. :)

Yeah I know right lol. Wait till Brady gets excited or something and somehow draws a penalty, they'll be all over that. I like fiery attitudes too but the hyppcrisy is ridiculous.

What else do you call a guy who has done what he's done and complained about through the years? Did you see the hit? And I don't care what the situation was, Manning did something that warranted a fight. I bet he wouldn't pull that crap on Watt or Clowney.

Man easy. You are all fired up.

I didnt realize you have such an animosity towards him :).

Well he wasn't let go, they gave a 15 yards penalty to him and i am sure there is a fine coming. Its not like he got a free pass.

You know that safety should have punched Manning, now that would have made it interesting.

Man easy. You are all fired up.

I didnt realize you have such an animosity towards him :).

Well he wasn't let go, they gave a 15 yards penalty to him and i am sure there is a fine coming. Its not like he got a free pass.

You know that safety should have punched Manning, now that would have made it interesting.

Nah, believe me, there's no animosity. I won't get into the complaining part but it is just the act itself and the typical villification of the defender that I don't like lol. I'm pretty sure the announcers said something like maybe Manning was hoping to get a reaction out of D.J. to get him tossed out of the game like in college but who knows. Hopefully they meet again in the playoffs, so to be continued :)

Nah, believe me, there's no animosity. I won't get into the complaining part but it is just the act itself and the typical villification of the defender that I don't like lol. I'm pretty sure the announcers said something like maybe Manning was hoping to get a reaction out of D.J. to get him tossed out of the game like in college but who knows. Hopefully they meet again in the playoffs, so to be continued :)

I dont know what Manning told him but we can clearly read the safety's lips. He said " F you " lol.

Headbutts?  Did you even watch the video there is no headbutt in that video.  Also, please cite some of the "extra things" that Manning does after the play is over.  On a side note I am sorry for your diminishing vision, it must make it very difficult to see what is going on in a football game.