Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning gets in DJ Swearinger's face; Get's penalized for taunting.

Dustin

Crazycolt1, Manning may not have gone all WWF on the guy . . . but to be fair, he did run 125 feet, made a beeline for the guy, who was not looking btw, lead with his head, made contact with the defender, who did not move his head into Manning and thus the latter initiated the contact . . .

So when one approaches another, invades the latter's personal space and makes contact to the head with the crown of his, it well, it is what it is . . . some may call it a head butt, some may not . . . to say one who calls is a head butt is fool, is a bit of a stretch frankly. . . and yes it may not be a WWF "headbutt", but it is what it is . . .

after all we are in a sport that fines one for socks too low, calls a brush to a WR "illegal" contact and until recently a brushed pinkie to the facemask of a QB "unnecessarily roughness" . . . you can understand that this sport does not have the same rules as WWF . . .

And as a further kicker, if you, Jvan, Andy, or Gramz, or anyone else thinks Quizboy is out of line, lets try a little dare . .  why don't any of you all, any time this week, when you see your boss in the hallway talking to another with his/her head turn away from you walk up to them and lead with your forehead and make contact with their temple enough to move their head slightly and let me know how you make out . . . and God forbid, if your boss says "whats with the head butt" . . . tell them "hey boss, I just owned a guy on the internet on this matter and it ain't no headbutt, you need glasses"  go ahead give it a shot and let me know how you make out . . .

oh and one more thing, let me know your first thoughts on what the guy in the orange uniform is trying to accomplish here in the photo . . . and also let me know if you think this is a normal conversation position . .  and if not, what is it? . . . (btw I apologize for not knowing how to post photos without uploading them to my flickr account)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/53499895@N05/14852225439/in/photostream/

no Manning did not go all WWF but at the same time his actions were not the normal actions of one who is trying to have a conversation with another, anger notwithstanding . . . ones who are charged up do not lead with their head and make contact . . .

as for his acts I do not blame him, Welker is vulnerable and I thought the hit was unnecessary on him.  the guy lead with his shoulder and although Welker ducked, the guys bicep, not shoulder, hit welker, and indication to me that the shoulder would have hit welker in the head had he not ducked, so to me the guy aimed at welker's head, jmo.  The guy could of came at him and wrapped him up as opposed to coming in leading with his shoulder in no attempt to wrap up . .

nice to see the fire in Manning and I think he pump faked the guy to the middle on the play and wanted to let the guy know about it . . . so love what he did, nice little trash talk in response to the unnecessary hit on Welker . . . and although he did not go all WWF on the guy I do see where Quizboy is coming from, and although Quizboy would be in the minority on this one, he is not a fool  . . .

For one thing I did not call Qwizboy a fool. I said he was wrong. Big difference.  Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. When the NFL starts calling facemask touching or rubbing a personal foul when the linemen do it I might consider changing my opinion.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - talking about other site members
Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - talking about other site members

It's a bit unnerving that you know what she looks like but okay :)

He doesn't know a thing about me lol. He just gets off on cheap one liners to try and stir posters up.

Crazycolt1, Manning may not have gone all WWF on the guy . . . but to be fair, he did run 125 feet, made a beeline for the guy, who was not looking btw, lead with his head, made contact with the defender, who did not move his head into Manning and thus the latter initiated the contact . . .

So when one approaches another, invades the latter's personal space and makes contact to the head with the crown of his, it well, it is what it is . . . some may call it a head butt, some may not . . . to say one who calls is a head butt is fool, is a bit of a stretch frankly. . . and yes it may not be a WWF "headbutt", but it is what it is . . .

after all we are in a sport that fines one for socks too low, calls a brush to a WR "illegal" contact and until recently a brushed pinkie to the facemask of a QB "unnecessarily roughness" . . . you can understand that this sport does not have the same rules as WWF . . .

And as a further kicker, if you, Jvan, Andy, or Gramz, or anyone else thinks Quizboy is out of line, lets try a little dare . .  why don't any of you all, any time this week, when you see your boss in the hallway talking to another with his/her head turn away from you walk up to them and lead with your forehead and make contact with their temple enough to move their head slightly and let me know how you make out . . . and God forbid, if your boss says "whats with the head butt" . . . tell them "hey boss, I just owned a guy on the internet on this matter and it ain't no headbutt, you need glasses"  go ahead give it a shot and let me know how you make out . . .

Why are you calling me out...???   Please explain.

So when one approaches another, invades the latter's personal space and makes contact to the head with the crown of his, it well, it is what it is . . . some may call it a head butt, some may not . . . to say one who calls is a head butt is fool, is a bit of a stretch frankly. . . and yes it may not be a WWF "headbutt", but it is what it is . . .

And as a further kicker, if you, Jvan, Andy, or Gramz, or anyone else thinks Quizboy is out of line, lets try a little dare . . why don't any of you all, any time this week, when you see your boss in the hallway talking to another with his/her head turn away from you walk up to them and lead with your forehead and make contact with their temple enough to move their head slightly and let me know how you make out . . . and God forbid, if your boss says "whats with the head butt" . . . tell them "hey boss, I just owned a guy on the internet on this matter and it ain't no headbutt, you need glasses" go ahead give it a shot and let me know how you make out . . .

oh and one more thing, let me know your first thoughts on what the guy in the orange uniform is trying to accomplish here in the photo . . . and also let me know if you think this is a normal conversation position . . and if not, what is it? . . . (btw I apologize for not knowing how to post photos without uploading them to my flickr account)

no Manning did not go all WWF but at the same time his actions were not the normal actions of one who is trying to have a conversation with another, anger notwithstanding . . . ones who are charged up do not lead with their head and make contact . . .

as for his acts I do not blame him, Welker is vulnerable and I thought the hit was unnecessary on him. the guy lead with his shoulder and although Welker ducked, the guys bicep, not shoulder, hit welker, and indication to me that the shoulder would have hit welker in the head had he not ducked, so to me the guy aimed at welker's head, jmo. The guy could of came at him and wrapped him up as opposed to coming in leading with his shoulder in no attempt to wrap up . .

nice to see the fire in Manning and I think he pump faked the guy to the middle on the play and wanted to let the guy know about it . . . so love what he did, nice little trash talk in response to the unnecessary hit on Welker . . . and although he did not go all WWF on the guy I do see where Quizboy is coming from, and although Quizboy would be in the minority on this one, he is not a fool . . .

First off relax alice. If you think that was a headbutt then you out of your mind. They are wearing helmets and swearingers head barely moved.

As far as your terrible analogy, Swearinger is not Peytons boss. So that analogy makes zero sense.

There was no need to call out Gramz either, she basically said nothing about the incident.

oh and one more thing, let me know your first thoughts on what the guy in the orange uniform is trying to accomplish here in the photo . . . and also let me know if you think this is a normal conversation position . .  and if not, what is it? . . . (btw I apologize for not knowing how to post photos without uploading them to my flickr account)

no Manning did not go all WWF but at the same time his actions were not the normal actions of one who is trying to have a conversation with another, anger notwithstanding . . . ones who are charged up do not lead with their head and make contact . . .

as for his acts I do not blame him, Welker is vulnerable and I thought the hit was unnecessary on him.  the guy lead with his shoulder and although Welker ducked, the guys bicep, not shoulder, hit welker, and indication to me that the shoulder would have hit welker in the head had he not ducked, so to me the guy aimed at welker's head, jmo.  The guy could of came at him and wrapped him up as opposed to coming in leading with his shoulder in no attempt to wrap up . .

nice to see the fire in Manning and I think he pump faked the guy to the middle on the play and wanted to let the guy know about it . . . so love what he did, nice little trash talk in response to the unnecessary hit on Welker . . . and although he did not go all WWF on the guy I do see where Quizboy is coming from, and although Quizboy would be in the minority on this one, he is not a fool  . . .

I am not so sure anymore that Manning went after him just because of the hit on Welker. I mean if that was the case then why didn't Manning go after the other defenders from last year that concussed Welker? Their hits were much worse then Swearinger's was as his was textbook tackling and the hit to the head came because Welker dunked. I wonder if it was more just pent up anger from the practice sessions together. Someone had a post awhile back that the Texans were picking Manning off and the sessions were chippy so maybe that was more the cause of his ire than Welker. Just a thought.

I am not so sure anymore that Manning went after him just because of the hit on Welker. I mean if that was the case then why didn't Manning go after the other defenders from last year that concussed Welker? Their hits were much worse then Swearinger's was as his was textbook tackling and the hit to the head came because Welker dunked. I wonder if it was more just pent up anger from the practice sessions together. Someone had a post awhile back that the Texans were picking Manning off and the sessions were chippy so maybe that was more the cause of his ire than Welker. Just a thought.

This is my line of thinking as well. Why get fired up in preseason against a hit that wasn't nearly as bad as some of the others we've seen Welker take in Denver during the regular season? :dunno:

I think Welker was going to take it in the head whether he ducked or not. Swearinger is a guy who plays recklessly and then throws up his arms when the flag is thrown. Some guys adjust....some guys don't.

I don't know the guy's reputation, will certainly take your word for it. I'm just kind of going by what I'm seeing on the play. I don't know how Swearinger could have possibly wrapped him up. Real bang-bang type of play. 

Brandon Meriweather (who is IMO a piece of trash) got suspended (again) for leading with his helmet on a ball thrown to Torrey Smith last weekend. That's the sort of hit that can be avoided.

The Welker hit I would not put in the same category. The rules have gotten a little out of control. It's football, guys will bang into each other, and guys will have head injuries. If I was an NFL receiver under 6', I'd just duck my head at the end of every single play... who knows, you may get a ton of calls! 

. .  why don't any of you all, any time this week, when you see your boss in the hallway talking to another with his/her head turn away from you walk up to them and lead with your forehead and make contact with their temple enough to move their head slightly and let me know how you make out . . . and God forbid, if your boss says "whats with the head butt" . . . tell them "hey boss, I just owned a guy on the internet on this matter and it ain't no headbutt, you need glasses"  go ahead give it a shot and let me know how you make out . . .

I tried this and he supplexed me. (He's like 6'5", has at least 50 pounds on me.) Thanks a lot Yehoodi!  ;)

You knew he would be applauded for it. It is just his "competitive fire" coming out. lol. I do like it though because I like emotion and emotional players although dumb to take the penalty but hey it is preseason. I will be filing this away for every time Colts fans try to remind me that Manning is the calm and collected one and Brady is not. :)

Good point AMF. I like Brady's intensity on the sidelines. I wanna see Manning get heated & intense on the sidelines in November & December as the Broncos prepare for their post season push. 

Wait a second, Peyton is human after all?

Definitely funny to watch.

:yahoo: I know right. He's not a machine. He's a man after all. Show me more of that 18. To quote Ravens LB Ray Lewis "Get P.O. for greatness." Ha! Ha! 

I am not aware of it either, but wouldn't be surprised...     

btw...  I have to admit,  I liked seeing the Fire and Spunk in Peyton.   ;)

This better be a trend not a blip on the radar screen. I love seeing competitive juices burn hot in 18's belly. Keep it coming...

This thread's a bit of a train wreck...

1. Watching the hit on Welker... that wasn't dirty. I don't know what the expectation is for defensive players anymore. He did everything we was supposed to do. He lead with his shoulder. Welker ducks into the blow and that's why he takes it on the head. I mean, I guess it's a penalty because that's how the rule is written, but what the heck is the defensive player supposed to do there? It's a crossing route and they're heading straight for each other. He's got a right to contest the ball and/or make a quick hit. Can't go high for obvious reasons, can't go low because you blow the guy's knees out... I don't know but speaking as a football fan of neither of these teams, I didn't find that to be a particularly objectionable or dirty hit. I've seen Welker take 100 of those over the years, this one happened to catch him in the head.

2. That said, I love what Manning did. Love, love, love it. It doesn't matter if Swearinger meant it or not. He stood up for his guy and that's what leaders do.

3. Some of the early posters in this thread need to watch the TD play again. It was a beautiful throw but Swearinger (#36) wasn't anywhere in the vicinity of it. #34 and #35 were in coverage there. 

Beautiful post man. Well said GP! 

I tried this and he supplexed me. (He's like 6'5", has at least 50 pounds on me.) Thanks a lot Yehoodi!  ;)

SW1 is slow today man. It took me a minute to get the joke, but once I did, I laughed my caboose off. You would make a superb comedian because you excel at thinking on your feet & improvisation on the fly.  :lol:

BTW Yehoodi, you know the high esteem I hold you in. I'm not mocking you by liking GP's post. He just went to full on sarcastic, next level. Nice! He "raised the roof dog." Woof! 

Oh boy now the third head of the Unholy Trinity is here.

I've gotta admit that was funny. So, does the Satan offer full medical coverage & a 401K retirement plan too? QuizBoy, Jules, Bogie, Vance87, AMF, & now SW1. 

If more of us sign up for Dark Prince River Styx Insurance, our premiums should be cheaper right? Just Kidding! 

Why are you calling me out...???   Please explain.

Hey Gramz . . . I was not calling you out necessarily . . . I was not planning on even getting involved with the thread until I felt there were a lot of people ganging up on Quizboy who I thought was correct in his interpretation of the situation. . . at times I will bring in real life situations or other situations to give a different perspective on things, for people to see things in a different light and then extrapolate and realize that hey maybe the other guy has a point . . . I was just giving an example that what Peyton did was not appropriate in that he invaded the guy's personal space . . . and frankly gave him a love tap head butt imo . . . it was an intentional imo in that Peyton wanted to let the other guy know that he was there with the love tap . . . kind of like a pitcher brushing back a batter off the plate, it is not a pitch but a message . . . and for me the tap to the head was an intentional act by Manning . . . hey I loved it thought it was cool . . . but I also call it like it is . . . 

it is not so different than when Vince Wilfork rubbed his finger in the bridge of Jacob's nose . . . it was harmless and did no damage and Jacobs did not even get mad . . . but a lot of people made fun of it, were not happy with Vince and he was fined . . . even though there was no harm or no harm intended as he hit is bridge and not his eye, I understand the principal that you do not invade another's personal space and the NFL does not like it . . . after all one would not rub their finger in their bosses nose either, and point taken if you know what I mean . . . if it is inappropriate in real life then it can be inappropriate on the pitch . . .

as for including you in the list of persons, I just added you as you liked Andy's post #113 and quoted it in your post #120, and given the sternness of his post, my impression was that you too thought that it was not a headbutt and that Quizboy did not understand it . . . I just brought in the office scenario to make people step back and understand, like Vince Wilfork, certain things are not appropriate on the pitch just as they are not in real life . . .

I liked what Peyton did and got a kick out of it . . . good to see a QB give it too a DB once and a while . . .  I likewise think though that Peyton's actions where all intentional, he likely came out of the huddle, planned on faking out the DB and did so . . . once he accomplished his goal wanted to send a little message, or a "how do you do" as I call them, he jogged to the guy, ignored his celebrating teammates in the end zone, approached him, who did not see Manning, and then his first act is leading with the crown of his helmet making contact and then the Fbombs were exchanged . . . Peyton did not call or yell at him as he approached, or the DB would of turned, Peyton did not clap his hands to get his attention or move into his path so he could see Peyton, but lead with the crown of his helmet to let the guy know that "hey I'm here" . . . surely he did not want to used too much force lest there be some retribution as football is a brotherhood, but enough of a contact to let the guy know he is there . . .

again I loved what he did, like a pitcher in baseball brushing back a batter, and not hitting him, but let him know he is there, not forceful, but message sent non the less . . . and when someone does contact another intentionally to send a message and does so with the crown of their helmet . . . it is a headbutt in my book, albeit of the love tap variety . . . but non the less intentional contact made . . . my two cents . . . and I am 100% behind Peyton too . . .    

Hey Gramz . . . I was not calling you out necessarily . . . I was not planning on even getting involved with the thread until I felt there were a lot of people ganging up on Quizboy who I thought was correct in his interpretation of the situation. . .

as for including you in the list of persons, I just added you as you liked Andy's post #113 and quoted it in your post #120, and given the sternness of his post, my impression was that you too thought that it was not a headbutt and that Quizboy did not understand it . . . I just brought in the office scenario to make people step back and understand, like Vince Wilfork, certain things are not appropriate on the pitch just as they are not in real life . . .

Thank you for taking the time to explain.  I won't quote your entire post since it was quite lengthy, and I do understand what you are saying.

For the Record, if you read all my posts in this thread,  I did state that I thought Peyton running across the field and specifically finding Swearinger, and getting in his face like he did, was definitely intentional,  definitely taunting and deserved the penalty.  But I didn't think it was a headbutt, in the type of headbutt where you try to hurt someone.  That's all.

Thanks for explaining what you meant.    We're good  ;)

For one thing I did not call Qwizboy a fool. I said he was wrong. Big difference.  Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. When the NFL starts calling facemask touching or rubbing a personal foul when the linemen do it I might consider changing my opinion.

First off, I am sorry for using the exact word "fool" . . . I had read lot of post to that point and was going to draft my own as opposed to quoting someone with a long post . . . however with that said you did pick out Quizboy's post in response to Andy's post in which Quizboy indicated correctly that he thought Andy was calling him stupid . . . in this same post of yours, post 138, you indicated that you thought that he was in seriousness need of glasses . . . and indication to me that you thought that his cognitive ability to see things correctly and make a coherent statement was in need glasses . . . combine that with the fact that you particularly chose the post in which Quizboy was defending his intelligence gives the impression that you feel his cognitive ability is something less than average on this matter  . . .

with at said I like what Manning did and did add some more flavor my post with my response to Gramz . . .

Also, hitting another's facemask has been called, it was called on a SD players against us in the 2006 divisional round, I went looking for it on NFL.com but there is no more video on the matter . . . essentially the pats player and the SD player we jawing at each other and the SD player go too close and the facemask hit and he was called for it . . . 

First off relax alice. If you think that was a headbutt then you out of your mind. They are wearing helmets and swearingers head barely moved.

As far as your terrible analogy, Swearinger is not Peytons boss. So that analogy makes zero sense.

There was no need to call out Gramz either, she basically said nothing about the incident.

Yah I thought about not bringing her into things and she is not one to get things going as some of us can do :) . . . I decided to respond to her first tonight and say my peace . . . if you have the time please my response to her as I added some things to my post that may answer some of your points . . .

And I understand that things can get heated and I can be anal at times, but just like to say things and stand up for things that I feel are correct . . . surely things can get heated among fans on forums boards, especially from ones in the same division . . .and the same time I know that everyone enjoys the banter among fans although at times it can get heated . . . I just got into the world wind too . . . 

With that said I loved what Peyton did and frankly think that what he did was intentional . . . he wanted to let the guy know he was there . . . as I mentioned in my long post to Gramz its kind of like a pitcher brushing back a batter, no damage but a message sent non the less . . . surely Peyton did not want to do anything with force and it might have payback, but I do sincerely think that the contact was intentional, it appears to me that it was the first contact he had with the player after jogging 105 feet . . . no it not a head butt with force, but neither does a pitcher hit a batter . . . for me it was part of an overall message sent by Peyton to the DB who was, from what I heard, mouthing off at practice and then give Welker a cheat shot . . . so for me when one acts with intention it is something, and for me when it involves a the crown of the helmet to a head it is a head butt albeit of the love tap variety . . .

I brought in the office example to show that what Peyton did is not something that is normally done in the act of a conversation, and something I know most of the people would not do who where calling out Quizboy . . .  like the Vince Wilfork "eye" poke, a finger to the bridge of a nose is not acceptable, no harm done, but inappropriate non the less . . .   

I have calmed down . . . thanks for the advice . . . :)

I am so sure . . . I thought the hit on Welker was not necessarily . . . when Welker ducked his head hit the bicep of the DB, had Welker not ducked than the shoulder would of hit Welker's head . . . I don't viewed it as an accident by the DB . . . to me he was going for his head . . .

but like you said maybe some of the mouthing off in practice added to the situation . . .

Hey Gramz . . . I was not calling you out necessarily . . . I was not planning on even getting involved with the thread until I felt there were a lot of people ganging up on Quizboy who I thought was correct in his interpretation of the situation. . . at times I will bring in real life situations or other situations to give a different perspective on things, for people to see things in a different light and then extrapolate and realize that hey maybe the other guy has a point . . . I was just giving an example that what Peyton did was not appropriate in that he invaded the guy's personal space . . . and frankly gave him a love tap head butt imo . . . it was an intentional imo in that Peyton wanted to let the other guy know that he was there with the love tap . . . kind of like a pitcher brushing back a batter off the plate, it is not a pitch but a message . . . and for me the tap to the head was an intentional act by Manning . . . hey I loved it thought it was cool . . . but I also call it like it is . . . 

it is not so different than when Vince Wilfork rubbed his finger in the bridge of Jacob's nose . . . it was harmless and did no damage and Jacobs did not even get mad . . . but a lot of people made fun of it, were not happy with Vince and he was fined . . . even though there was no harm or no harm intended as he hit is bridge and not his eye, I understand the principal that you do not invade another's personal space and the NFL does not like it . . . after all one would not rub their finger in their bosses nose either, and point taken if you know what I mean . . . if it is inappropriate in real life then it can be inappropriate on the pitch . . .

I liked what Peyton did and got a kick out of it . . . good to see a QB give it too a DB once and a while . . .  I likewise think though that Peyton's actions where all intentional, he likely came out of the huddle, planned on faking out the DB and did so . . . once he accomplished his goal wanted to send a little message, or a "how do you do" as I call them, he jogged to the guy, ignored his celebrating teammates in the end zone, approached him, who did not see Manning, and then his first act is leading with the crown of his helmet making contact and then the Fbombs were exchanged . . . Peyton did not call or yell at him as he approached, or the DB would of turned, Peyton did not clap his hands to get his attention or move into his path so he could see Peyton, but lead with the crown of his helmet to let the guy know that "hey I'm here" . . . surely he did not want to used too much force lest there be some retribution as football is a brotherhood, but enough of a contact to let the guy know he is there . . .

again I loved what he did, like a pitcher in baseball brushing back a batter, and not hitting him, but let him know he is there, not forceful, but message sent non the less . . . and when someone does contact another intentionally to send a message and does so with the crown of their helmet . . . it is a headbutt in my book, albeit of the love tap variety . . . but non the less intentional contact made . . . my two cents . . . and I am 100% behind Peyton too . . .    

That's what I like about you most Yehoodi. You are always calm, rational, balanced, & grounded in your posts. And I like how you often use concrete examples from your own favorite football team the Patriots & Vince Wilfork in this case to illustrate your point about a similar penalty [not taunting but an infraction that affects field position anyway] before you even mention Manning himself. 

Sorry about that . . . I will think twice about my analogies in the future . . .

No need to apologize for a misinterpreted analogy Yehoodi because I got a darn good laugh out of it & without that original post to springboard GP's joke I would have missed out on a valued comic relief moment. So, SW1 must thank you too Yehoodi.

It's all good man. Don't alter something that is far from broken pal. I'm just saying there is no need to change now. If a joke works even via serendipity don't mess with it. Just roll with it. ;)    

First off, I am sorry for using the exact word "fool" . . . I had read lot of post to that point and was going to draft my own as opposed to quoting someone with a long post . . . however with that said you did pick out Quizboy's post in response to Andy's post in which Quizboy indicated correctly that he thought Andy was calling him stupid . . . in this same post of yours, post 138, you indicated that you thought that he was in seriousness need of glasses . . . and indication to me that you thought that his cognitive ability to see things correctly and make a coherent statement was in need glasses . . . combine that with the fact that you particularly chose the post in which Quizboy was defending his intelligence gives the impression that you feel his cognitive ability is something less than average on this matter  . . .

with at said I like what Manning did and did add some more flavor my post with my response to Gramz . . .

Also, hitting another's facemask has been called, it was called on a SD players against us in the 2006 divisional round, I went looking for it on NFL.com but there is no more video on the matter . . . essentially the pats player and the SD player we jawing at each other and the SD player go too close and the facemask hit and he was called for it . . . 

The comment of seriously needing glasses is a standard saying when two people see the same thing and then disagree on what they saw. How many time have you heard someone yelling at an umpire or a ref in regards to a call. What do the say? Do You Need Glasses? It was not said with any negative intent of Qwizboy's mental aptitude.

So what I have to say is stupid now? Manning's head clearly goes forward and contact is made. It is a wonder that Swearinger didn't shove him at least for pulling that crap. My eyes are just fine thank you very much, but of course people on different sides of one fence happen to see things very differently.

You are right his head leans in, but I think it's more to get into his face. To call that a headbutt in a traditional sense is a stretch some. Headbutts are intended to do damage. Plus the the movement is different from what he did. Contact was made but not with intent to do harm and it was a slow lean in rather than a rear back and quick motion forward.

And yes there are Headbutts that don't rear back but it is typically done when already in people faces. His head was leaning in on his way to swearinger, not a swift motion.

The comment of seriously needing glasses is a standard saying when two people see the same thing and then disagree on what they saw. How many time have you heard someone yelling at an umpire or a ref in regards to a call. What do the say? Do You Need Glasses? It was not said with any negative intent of Qwizboy's mental aptitude.

yes I have heard of this and yes it happens a great deal . . . but have seen is used the other way too . . . I understand where you are coming from . . . perhaps all of the divisional banter that was going back and forth later in the thread got me to misunderstand your intentions . . . . :)  I see fully where you are coming from . . .

That's what I like about you most Yehoodi. You are always calm, rational, balanced, & grounded in your posts. And I like how you often use concrete examples from your own favorite football team the Patriots & Vince Wilfork in this case to illustrate your point about a similar penalty [not taunting but an infraction that affects field position anyway] before you even mention Manning himself. 

No need to apologize for a misinterpreted analogy Yehoodi because I got a darn good laugh out of it & without that original post to springboard GP's joke I would have missed out on a valued comic relief moment. So, SW1 must thank you too Yehoodi.

It's all good man. Don't alter something that is far from broken pal. I'm just saying there is no need to change now. If a joke works even via serendipity don't mess with it. Just roll with it. ;)    

hey SW1, nice to hear from you and thanks for the response, I always enjoy your post my man . . . hope all is well . . .

You are right his head leans in, but I think it's more to get into his face. To call that a headbutt in a traditional sense is a stretch some. Headbutts are intended to do damage. Plus the the movement is different from what he did. Contact was made but not with intent to do harm and it was a slow lean in rather than a rear back and quick motion forward.

And yes there are Headbutts that don't rear back but it is typically done when already in people faces. His head was leaning in on his way to swearinger, not a swift motion.

Yeah I'm not saying he was trying to give the guy a concussion or anything, but yes there was definitely contact.

Idk what do trophies have to do with anything. It was your lame argument. If trophies are the determining factor of who is the best ever like you seem to think then Tom Brady has 18 beat.

Wow, riding the coat tails if the patriots, I would too if my team was consistently one of the worst in the league for the past 15 years oh well another year in loser town. If choking is getting to the playoffs every year and only going to the sb 3 times winning one I'll take that over Houston. Funny that I put the afc south champion in ur sig , but talk about choking lol

Wow, riding the coat tails if the patriots, I would too if my team was consistently one of the worst in the league for the past 15 years oh well another year in loser town. If choking is getting to the playoffs every year and only going to the sb 3 times winning one I'll take that over Houston. Funny that I put the afc south champion in ur sig , but talk about choking lol

Losing in the big game two times? Nah I'm okay with division titles. I'm not the only person who thinks this way either. Do you know what choking means? Look it up before you quote me again.

Losing in the big game two times? Nah I'm okay with division titles. I'm not the only person who thinks this way either. Do you know what choking means? Look it up before you quote me again.

So the ultimate goal is to win divisional titles?.

Did JJ Watt agree with you? :).

i think u should look up thee definition of choking along with everyone else, because it is the word i have heard every year that manning hasnt won a super bowl, but thanks for your concern.