3. Marshall Faulk

4. Eric Dickerson

5. Lydell Mitchell

6. Tom Matte

7. Joseph Addai

8. Randy McMillan

9. Curtis Dickey

10. Dominic Rhodes

Good list. Joe Washington may be number 11.

Passing time until the game tomorrow with these lists.  Here's mine:

1. Lenny Moore

2. Edgerrin James

3. Marshall Faulk

4. Eric Dickerson

5. Lydell Mitchell

6. Tom Matte

7. Joseph Addai

8. Randy McMillan

9. Curtis Dickey

10. Dominic Rhodes  

I would put Joe Washington and Al Bentley in there before Addai, Randy Mc, and Dickey.

Had Bentley not blew his knee up he would have been an All Time great Colt. 

Passing time until the game tomorrow with these lists.  Here's mine:

1. Lenny Moore

2. Edgerrin James

3. Marshall Faulk

4. Eric Dickerson

5. Lydell Mitchell

6. Tom Matte

7. Joseph Addai

8. Randy McMillan

9. Curtis Dickey

10. Dominic Rhodes  

Albert Bentley, Roosevelt Potts, Don McCulley, The kid from the KC playoff game can't remember his name, Don Nottingham,

I would put Joe Washington and Al Bentley in there before Addai, Randy Mc, and Dickey.

Had Bentley not blew his knee up he would have been an All Time great Colt.

I think Bentley deserves to be on the list regardless of the knee injury. He is 15th all time in rushing yards and 25th in receiving yards and 5th all time in KO return yards. That was playing in Dickerson shadow for a good part. 

If you are going strictly off of rushing the ball it is Edge hands down. He is the all time leading rusher over 3700 yards ahead of his closest teammate Lydell Mitchell.

I think Bentley deserves to be on the list regardless of the knee injury. He is 15th all time in rushing yards and 25th in receiving yards and 5th all time in KO return yards. That was playing in Dickerson shadow for a good part. 

If you are going strictly off of rushing the ball it is Edge hands down. He is the all time leading rusher over 3700 yards ahead of his closest teammate Lydell Mitchell.

Bentley definitely belongs on there in front of at least Dominic Rhodes. 

Albert Bentley, Roosevelt Potts, Don McCulley, The kid from the KC playoff game can't remember his name, Don Nottingham,

Zach Crockett had a big game against the chargers that year in the playoffs. The cheifs game was a defensive game for the most part

Lamont Warren had a pretty good game that day. But offense was difficult for both teams that day. Crockett was awesome in that chargers game though

Yeah, it's starting to come back to me now. I only remember the AFCCG clearly from 1996. Our first taste of relevance, and a heartsick ending. 

If we're talking just players who have been on the Colts roster, top 3 is Dickerson, Faulk, and then James.  Lenny Moore is a classic and was great, but all 3 of those guys were better RBs IMO.  If we're ranking them based on their time here, Dickerson would drop to 4, Faulk and James would move up 1 spot each, and Lenny Moore would be in 3rd.

The great Alan Ameche. Not only the greatest FB in Colts history, but helped establish a rookie #19 in '56.

No way Marshall and Dickerson are better than Matte. Maybe as RBs overall, but not to the franchise. Matte would have won the first Super Bowl, before any QB, had it not been for an incorrectly called Field Goal.

I got to meet Tom Matte once and honestly, sadly, embarrassingly, I didn't know who he was. He played when I was born ('69) and a toddler. My sisters, friends Dad (I swear its true lol) was good friends with Tom Matte and he knew I was a big Colts fan and brought him over with him while picking my sis`s friend up from our house. This was back in the mid-80`s or so. But yeah after I was able to get NFL films on tv and watch games from way back when I realized he was awesome. I just wish I could have seen it BEFORE I met him and told him so!

The great Alan Ameche. Not only the greatest FB in Colts history, but helped establish a rookie #19 in '56.

No way Marshall and Dickerson are better than Matte. Maybe as RBs overall, but not to the franchise. Matte would have won the first Super Bowl, before any QB, had it not been for an incorrectly called Field Goal.

Yes, we got jobbed in that 1965 game against the Packers. They raised the height of the goal posts as a result of that. You can still go on Youtube and watch the Packers miss, that was called good. Great points about Ameche.

I got to meet Tom Matte once and honestly, sadly, embarrassingly, I didn't know who he was. He played when I was born ('69) and a toddler. My sisters, friends Dad (I swear its true lol) was good friends with Tom Matte and he knew I was a big Colts fan and brought him over with him while picking my sis`s friend up from our house. This was back in the mid-80`s or so. But yeah after I was able to get NFL films on tv and watch games from way back when I realized he was awesome. I just wish I could have seen it BEFORE I met him and told him so!

Tom is at the Ed Block Courage awards in Baltimore every year , and always greets fans and signs autographs. He still owns the Super Bowl record for average yards per carry in a Super Bowl at 10.3 against the Jets.

Tom is at the Ed Block Courage awards in Baltimore every year , and always greets fans and signs autographs. He still owns the Super Bowl record for average yards per carry in a Super Bowl at 10.3 against the Jets.

Awsome info, thank you.. I`ll never forget his words at that time "its good to meet a Colts fan and knows its very tough to be a Colts fan at this time(again mid 1980ish)".. and the latter was very true.

Awsome info, thank you.. I`ll never forget his words at that time "its good to meet a Colts fan and knows its very tough to be a Colts fan at this time(again mid 1980ish)".. and the latter was very true.

This year he was with Ordell Braase at the awards show. Lenny Moore shows up at this show, but I always seem to miss him. I met and got RG 3's autograph , among others, but I'm more thrilled meeting those old Colts I idolized as a kid. By the way, I got to talk briefly to Cory Redding, who is a great guy .