Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pendleton/Adongo clear waivers; go to IR.

Dustin

Projects like this rarely work out.  I've lost any hope of someone like this making it in the NFL.  It's just too hard to be NFL better.

It's one thing to take time to learn the game. But if you're injured in the limited times you've played, maybe it's time to move on.

I guess I expected a rugby player to be more durable.

It's one thing to take time to learn the game. But if you're injured in the limited times you've played, maybe it's time to move on.

I guess I expected a rugby player to be more durable.

Exactly.  "Glass Bob", who was awesome for a little while, was very short, this guy is hulk size..... rub some dirt on it.

Exactly. "Glass Bob", who was awesome for a little while, was very short, this guy is hulk size..... rub some dirt on it.

IMO part of this is that the coaches don't think he's final 53 worthy so they're stashing him a bit, bicep injuries do take a while to heal but a full season is doubtful.

I will admit, I am relieved for selfish reasons.

Perhaps Adongo and Pendleton were not as good as we think they are. Combined, they have less than 10 career tackles. There's a reason why both were unclaimed by waivers and also were basically undrafted free agents.

Perhaps Adongo and Pendleton were not as good as we think they are. Combined, they have less than 10 career tackles. There's a reason why both were unclaimed by waivers and also were basically undrafted free agents.

Pendleton is a completely different case.  He has played well enough in limited action to be claimed if healthy, but at age 30 and out for the year with an ACL, nobody is going to tie up a spot on their 90 man roster to claim a low mileage developmental player that they can't use for a year.

Come on now.....

Adongo was playing another sport halfway around the world when we found him and is still learning.   He's 1-year into his career.

Pendleton was a 28-year old rookie who the Jags took in the 7th round, or signed as a free agent (don't remember which)   he's now 30.

Very few injured players get snatched by another team.    The fact that neither were claimed on waivers means nothing......

Pendleton is a completely different case.  He has played well enough in limited action to be claimed if healthy, but at age 30 and out for the year with an ACL, nobody is going to tie up a spot on their 90 man roster to claim a low mileage developmental player that they can't use for a year.

I will say Pendleton was way better than Fili Moala and Ricardo Matthews. The latter should barely even be 3rd string, much less 2nd string on any NFL team.

Whatever production lost though...I'm certain that Zach Kerr and Brandon McKinney will pick up, along with Montori Hughes.