Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Today's injury updates; how things look going forward.

Legend of Luck

Khaled Holmes- Sprained left ankle- Expected to miss 2-3 weeks. Pagano expects Holmes to be ready for season opener.

Xavier Nixon- Had a knee scope- Expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

Jeris Pendleton- Torn ACL- Out for the year

Daniel Adongo- Ruptured Bicep- Out for the year

Ulrick John- Doctors are still trying to determine the best course of action.

Delano Howell- Kevin Bowen tweeted that he left practice today with the trainer. No further update.

So, overall, very good news for the O-line. Hopefully, with 3 weeks as the starting center, John Harrison can become a reliable backup and can work out some of the kinks from Thursday.

Still no update on Howell.  

I feel very relieved. Like I can finally breathe again. Sad to see Adongo and Jeris go down, but just glad our O-line hasnt been COMPLETELY dismantled. Good day!

Khaled Holmes- Sprained left ankle- Expected to miss 2-3 weeks. Pagano expects Holmes to be ready for season opener.

Delano Howell- Kevin Bowen tweeted that he left practice today with the trainer. No further update.

So, overall, very good news for the O-line. Hopefully, with 3 weeks as the starting center, John Harrison can become a reliable backup and can work out some of the kinks from Thursday.

I feel very relieved. Like I can finally breathe again. Sad to see Adongo and Jeris go down, but just glad our O-line hasnt been COMPLETELY dismantled. Good day!

That really sucks for Adongo I had high hopes for him to make a big impact this year hopefully they get him back next year fully healthy Quick recovery Adongo good luck.

Thanks for the summary.

Nixon is a decent backup, he's needed. John, Pendleton and Adongo are all on the bubble. Chances are none would make the 53.

Howell gets hurt a lot, safety is still our weakest position.

Thanks for the summary.

Nixon is a decent backup, he's needed. John, Pendleton and Adongo are all on the bubble. Chances are none would make the 53.

Howell gets hurt a lot, safety is still our weakest position.

Howell's injury cant be that serious since there hasnt been a word spoken about it besides Bowens text. He may be completely fine.

Howell's injury cant be that serious since there hasnt been a word spoken about it besides Bowens text. He may be completely fine.

Hope so, we're really thin at S. I thought The backups all played okay but it wasn't like the Jets were game planning any more than we were. In a real game, they're going to be tested.

I don't think the vast majority of those significantly hurt the organization.  It's unfortunate that Holmes won't be able to participate in preseason but its more important that he heals up so that the team can have a mostly intact offensive line for the opener in Denver.  I think Howell and Holmes are the only two that the team really needs to fear losing and as of now it seems both are going to be alright.

I don't think the vast majority of those significantly hurt the organization.  It's unfortunate that Holmes won't be able to participate in preseason but its more important that he heals up so that the team can have a mostly intact offensive line for the opener in Denver.  I think Howell and Holmes are the only two that the team really needs to fear losing and as of now it seems both are going to be alright.

I totally agree,

but to me, Nixon is very important as well. I am comfortable with him as a strong backup Guard in case someone goes down. We really need him to stay healthy as well.

DELANO HOWELL UPDATE

2. @KBowenColts Thanks for the updates today, but do you have anymore info on Delano Howell? You mentioned he left practice with the trainer.

@ColtStrong07 I do not. Pagano said he hadn’t yet talked to the team doctors.

3:12 PM - 9 Aug 2014 · Details

overall very good news, feel bad for adongo, hes one of those guys you just can't help but root for to be successful. I am getting concerned that holmes maybe be soft and this will continue all season. I'm now curiuos as to what happened to howell today, that's another area we are thin and can't afford anymore injuries.

overall very good news, feel bad for adongo, hes one of those guys you just can't help but root for to be successful. I am getting concerned that holmes maybe be soft and this will continue all season. I'm now curiuos as to what happened to howell today, that's another area we are thin and can't afford anymore injuries.

I dont think Holmes is soft. Idk if you watched the video of his injury, but it looked pretty bad. Things like that (especially with ankles) happen to anybody at anytime.

That sucks with Adongo, good news about Holmes though. He's going to miss some good reps but Harrison will get some good time in. He may develop onto a capable backup of Holmes doesn't work out.

Thanks for the updates.

I dont think Holmes is soft. Idk if you watched the video of his injury, but it looked pretty bad. Things like that (especially with ankles) happen to anybody at anytime.

I don't think he meant soft, more like soft ankles.

Can't argue with that until he proves otherwise.

At least we'll know if we have viable backups by opening day.

I don't think he meant soft, more like soft ankles.

Can't argue with that until he proves otherwise.

At least we'll know if we have viable backups by opening day.

Everyone has soft ankles, if "soft" means you suffer a sprain when a 300 pound man falls on your leg.

If Harrison impresses at C the rest of the preseason, I'd wish the Colts consider starting him at Denver.

I don't see how he wouldn't be the starter unless the weeks Holmes misses are only during the preseason which would be great. Howell going down for any time would be just as tough because we are so thin at safety too. Andongo was a work in progress along with the others on the injured list not mentioned.

Outside of Luck...  after watching ONE series of football for the Colts first unit the ONLY player that is just not replaceable is D Allen.   

He will be Luck's protector..     He just STONED a blitzing Jet up he gut on one play and Luck was spot on.    Indy missed this All of last season....

This team will ROCK AND ROLL IF .....

Andrew Luck...      ........

OL stays relatively healthy.....

and D Allen...    he is so valuable in pass protection, as a FB.     He will be HUGE.

I am really excited for this team...      the sky is truly the limit with this young bunch.   

During training camp I listen to all the "camp talk" on local radio....

and to a man all have stated Harrison "at least" looks very good...   and "may overtake Holmes" as starting C by week 1

Harrison has impressed in camp, only problem is Indy has NO depth...  Grigs has got to get some bodies in here to play these meaningless preseason games.....  

That said...   I like this "young" OL...     esp with DA protecting the "that which matters most" ... 

I don't see how he wouldn't be the starter unless the weeks Holmes misses are only during the preseason which would be great. Howell going down for any time would be just as tough because we are so thin at safety too. Andongo was a work in progress along with the others on the injured list not mentioned.

agreed..not as bad as it could have been....plenty of time to get well

During training camp I listen to all the "camp talk" on local radio....

and to a man all have stated Harrison "at least" looks very good...   and "may overtake Holmes" as starting C by week 1

Harrison has impressed in camp, only problem is Indy has NO depth...  Grigs has got to get some bodies in here to play these meaningless preseason games.....  

That said...   I like this "young" OL...     esp with DA protecting the "that which matters most" ... 

Harrison was that guy in the first preseason game that snapped the football over Luck's head right? I just want to make sure we are talking about the same guy who you are saying "may overtake" the starting center.  If that's true this certainly doesn't bode well for the offensive line play this season.

Harrison was that guy in the first preseason game that snapped the football over Luck's head right? I just want to make sure we are talking about the same guy who you are saying "may overtake" the starting center. If that's true this certainly doesn't bode well for the offensive line play this season.

Because the guy is a rookie and was just thrown in his first NFL game after the starter unexpectedly went down? Absolutely! He admitted that his nerves got him at the start, and honestly, how could it not. Once he calmed down he played great.

I would suggest actually watching the games.

Harrison was that guy in the first preseason game that snapped the football over Luck's head right? I just want to make sure we are talking about the same guy who you are saying "may overtake" the starting center. If that's true this certainly doesn't bode well for the offensive line play this season.

Dude, come on. A rookie gets thrown in after a scary injury, while the team is in the red zone, for his first handful of professional snaps. He got nervous, let's give the guy a break. He'll get better.

Dude, come on. A rookie gets thrown in after a scary injury, while the team is in the red zone, for his first handful of professional snaps. He got nervous, let's give the guy a break. He'll get better.

We're on the same page. As are most on here..

Fair enough, I just don't think it's great play to snap the ball over the quarterback's head but I'm not a professional or anything I could definitely be wrong.

you are...    adrenalin pumping, thrown in unexpectedly, and FIRST GAME  ....     equals a "boo boo" ... that is what TC and Pre Season is for.    

Harrison is a nice player ...  may turn out to be a steal ...        Practice makes perfect...

Fair enough, I just don't think it's great play to snap the ball over the quarterback's head but I'm not a professional or anything I could definitely be wrong.

Using sarcasm doesn't make your point any wiser.

I'm much more worried about whether or not he can pass protect and run block well because shotgun snaps are much easier to get better at than blocking. And as others have said, the guy had nerves going, one botched snap in his first NFL series (in which he was unexpectedly thrown into) is not something worthy of retrieving your pitchfork out of the shed for.

I just say that because he has a history of the same injury, and for whatever reason some lineman can play a whole career and never have it happen and others seem to have it happen often, some players it muscles pulls, some head injuries and others ankles etc, he just is starting  to trend to an ankle guy, I really hope I'm wrong.

Well I'm pleased about Holmes being in a good position to come back for the opener. I was originally as skeptical as anyone of starting him at center this season, but by all accounts he's been performing well in the new role as starter. I still think we'll have to consider looking at who is on the market as the best short term solution to back him up after cuts though.

Actually he didn't snap it over his head -- he snapped it too soon, before Luck had called for it.  Luck was scanning the defense and the ball hit him in the right chest/shoulder area as I recall.

Actually he didn't snap it over his head -- he snapped it too soon, before Luck had called for it. Luck was scanning the defense and the ball hit him in the right chest/shoulder area as I recall.

Exactly. If luck had been expecting the snap he would have been able to handle it. It was the timing of the snap that caused the issue.

Outside of Luck...  after watching ONE series of football for the Colts first unit the ONLY player that is just not replaceable is D Allen.   

He will be Luck's protector..     He just STONED a blitzing Jet up he gut on one play and Luck was spot on.    Indy missed this All of last season....

This team will ROCK AND ROLL IF .....

Andrew Luck...      ........

OL stays relatively healthy.....

and D Allen...    he is so valuable in pass protection, as a FB.     He will be HUGE.

I am really excited for this team...      the sky is truly the limit with this young bunch.   

I might add Costanzo to the irreplaceable list. He seems to catch more flak than is warranted and I believe he's underrated. Last year, he seemed to play rather well and kept improving. Plus, as far as I'm aware, there's not much of a contingency plan in the event that he goes down for a long period of time.

@ColtStrong07 No idea. He walked off the field under his own power. Hard to tell what it was.

If no one saw him go down, and he just left with the trainer under his own power my guess is that it's likely just a pre-cautionary type of thing.  Can't say for sure.