Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Today's injury updates; how things look going forward.

Legend of Luck

Wow, you know our o-line is a disaster when we are hoping a guy, who played only a few snaps in regular season and only half a series this preseason, returns from his injury for a BIG season opener..

And i've read a lot of comments saying harrison can now use those extra snaps.. heck, holmes would've used those snaps, it's not like he's a seasoned veteran! :D

But it's interesting how colts fans are finding silver linnings, even in the state our o-line is in ;)

Oh, well, at least it's not last year's o-line.. so we've got that going for us, which is nice..

Wow, you know our o-line is a disaster when we are hoping a guy, who played only a few snaps in regular season and only half a series this preseason, returns from his injury for a BIG season opener..

And i've read a lot of comments saying harrison can now use those extra snaps.. heck, holmes would've used those snaps, it's not like he's a seasoned veteran! :D

But it's interesting how colts fans are finding silver linnings, even in the state our o-line is in ;)

Oh, well, at least it's not last year's o-line.. so we've got that going for us, which is nice..

Yeah.... It's not our year for a good o-line like we were hoping when getting rid of Satele and McGlynn. But we will get through it like any other year.

I totally agree,

but to me, Nixon is very important as well. I am comfortable with him as a strong backup Guard in case someone goes down. We really need him to stay healthy as well.

I agree we really need him. The line coach said a few weeks ago he was really looking good.

But I think he is most wanted as a backup to Cherilus, and has promise as a LT also.

I thought Reitz looked Very solid at LT, and he played fine at LG for  8 games (No Sacks) a couple years ago. So if we had him and X as backup tackles and Guards, with Lance Louis, and J Harrison as our backup Center and G  -- Heck yes!  I am really liking that 9 man group. Get well Holmes and X!

If you understand we have a cakewalk Gimme 10-6+ schedule/division and could see that Mewhort showed he should be considerably better than Thornton ( who should improve this season) was last season, our backups like Lance Louis, Reitz, Harrison, looked like they can step up nicely if called upon, and Nixon should be good in a month or so, you should be Excited.

The ONLY thing that really matters is who is healthy come Playoff time. This bunch can be a very decent group by then.

Khaled Holmes- Sprained left ankle- Expected to miss 2-3 weeks. Pagano expects Holmes to be ready for season opener.

Xavier Nixon- Had a knee scope- Expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

Jeris Pendleton- Torn ACL- Out for the year

Daniel Adongo- Ruptured Bicep- Out for the year

Ulrick John- Doctors are still trying to determine the best course of action.

Delano Howell- Kevin Bowen tweeted that he left practice today with the trainer. No further update.

So, overall, very good news for the O-line. Hopefully, with 3 weeks as the starting center, John Harrison can become a reliable backup and can work out some of the kinks from Thursday.

Still no update on Howell.  

I feel very relieved. Like I can finally breathe again. Sad to see Adongo and Jeris go down, but just glad our O-line hasnt been COMPLETELY dismantled. Good day!

Thanks Doc.

I really liked how Pendleton moved/played in his stint last season, so i was excited he came in a little lighter and was ready to play well for us.

But, Wowee, was I surprised/impressed with how well Zack Kerr held up at the line of scrimmage and the quickness that Load of a young man had.

lol and stay healthy Zach, i`m excited about you dude cause you ARE READY to scrum in the NFL.

You should have watched the game. The line was solid against one of the best defenses in the League. Yeehaaa! And they are young and raw and have a whole season to get better! Yee ha ha Haaawwww!

You should have watched the game. The line was solid against one of the best defenses in the League. Yeehaaa! And they are young and raw and have a whole season to get better! Yee ha ha Haaawwww!

I watched the game and agree with everything everyone saw on o-line..

But you clearly missed the point of my comment, so much so you had to reply twice, and miss the point twice ;)

Khaled Holmes- Sprained left ankle- Expected to miss 2-3 weeks. Pagano expects Holmes to be ready for season opener.

Xavier Nixon- Had a knee scope- Expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

Jeris Pendleton- Torn ACL- Out for the year

Daniel Adongo- Ruptured Bicep- Out for the year

Ulrick John- Doctors are still trying to determine the best course of action.

Delano Howell- Kevin Bowen tweeted that he left practice today with the trainer. No further update.

So, overall, very good news for the O-line. Hopefully, with 3 weeks as the starting center, John Harrison can become a reliable backup and can work out some of the kinks from Thursday.

Still no update on Howell.  

I feel very relieved. Like I can finally breathe again. Sad to see Adongo and Jeris go down, but just glad our O-line hasnt been COMPLETELY dismantled. Good day!

I might add Costanzo to the irreplaceable list. He seems to catch more flak than is warranted and I believe he's underrated. Last year, he seemed to play rather well and kept improving. Plus, as far as I'm aware, there's not much of a contingency plan in the event that he goes down for a long period of time.

I mean the Colts like him they keep him around and they watch the tape and analyze every position. 

So how do we look now? We have a lot on IR already.

So far so good really.  The only starter we have on IR is Thomas and we had drafted a guy to replace him anyways.  Mewhort will have to step up a little sooner then expected (just like Thorton last year) but he was drafted to be that guy so it's not too bad.

Outside of Thomas the most notable player we have lost for the season is Vick Ballard (will be on IR when the season starts). 

Other guys are 

Adongo - Special teams developmental player, he could have ended up on the practice squad this year.

Ulrick John - Developmental player at best a backup, but probably not even that, probably would have been on practice squad.

Jeris Pendleton & Aaron Morgan - Both guys it was questionable if they where even gonna make the team.

Fili Moala - Rotational player on the D-line, nothing special.

So far so good really.  The only starter we have on IR is Thomas and we had drafted a guy to replace him anyways.  Mewhort will have to step up a little sooner then expected (just like Thorton last year) but he was drafted to be that guy so it's not too bad.

Outside of Thomas the most notable player we have lost for the season is Vick Ballard (will be on IR when the season starts). 

Other guys are 

Adongo - Special teams developmental player, he could have ended up on the practice squad this year.

Ulrick John - Developmental player at best a backup, but probably not even that, probably would have been on practice squad.

Jeris Pendleton & Aaron Morgan - Both guys it was questionable if they where even gonna make the team.

Fili Moala - Rotational player on the D-line, nothing special.

Sounds good. I was really hoping Pendleton would work out and Moala for depth. Hoping for no more players on IR.

Sounds good. I was really hoping Pendleton would work out and Moala for depth. Hoping for no more players on IR.

Obviously we don't want anyone on IR, but we've been fortunate thus far as to who has ended up on IR.  Losing Thomas sucks but he was one of the more replaceable players in terms of depth.  

I got a very good feeling about Jon Harrison. Being young, a rookie, and getting the unexpected call to play, the "case of nerves" is perfectly understandable. They go away pretty fast, and the game slows down. Calling the O-line plays will be his greatest challenge.