Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst to First Predictions

Blue Horseshoe

In the AFC, I think Cleveland is the most likely because the AFC North is weak; Buffalo also has a chance if Manuel develops really well, but I can't see Brady and Belichick losing enough to give up the AFC East.  In the NFC, Washington stands out to me.  Again, they have a weak division, and I like Gruden as a coach.  I think he will be able to maximize RG3's talents

typical colts haters. if we're such a bad team how did we beat 3 out of the 4 teams in the conferance championships last year? how did we beat he chiefs not once, but twice? how were we still in the game in the 4th quarter in foxboro with a chance to tie the game cough tripping cough cough? 

typical colts haters. if we're such a bad team how did we beat 3 out of the 4 teams in the conferance championships last year? how did we beat he chiefs not once, but twice? how were we still in the game in the 4th quarter in foxboro with a chance to tie the game cough tripping cough cough? 

Wrong thread?

lol what?

If I had to pick:

NFC: Vikings - I believe Bridgewater will be a legit QB in this league.  AP's still got one more year left on him.  What happens when you give Adrian Peterson a legit QB??  

Although I just have a hard time seeing the Packers surrendering that division without another injury to Rogers.  

AFC: Browns, especially if Gordon can get away with not being suspended for the full season.  There isn't a real dominate team in this division.  They have a good line and a good defense.  They just need a receiver to step up and Hoyer to be solid.

Honorable Mention: Atlanta sort of tied for last but I guess won the tie breaker putting them at 3rd in their division.  I would expect them to make a huge improvement.  

I expect the Bucs to be better but to win the division with Matt Ryan, Cam Newton and Drew Brees in it while starting Josh McCown at QB?  They could be a lot better and still come in last because of the depth of that division.  Sort of a St. Louis Rams situation.

The NFC pick is easy. I'm sticking with my pick of the most improved team being the Rams. They had one heck of draft thanks in part Washington. If Cleveland wouldn't have lost Gibson they would have been an easy pick, but that who will the qb through the ball to Nate Burleson? The dud had a hard time hanging on to a pizza.The AFC is a tough one, and I don't really see any one team going from worst to first... but think the Bills will be vastly improved. Once they get the qb situation/ownership deal worked out they might be a on the road to recovery. 

It's easy to pick this year. Obviously there are the Falcons who got every unfair break there was last year but they are well coached and they never quit playing hard. I think it will be a long time before they lose more than 8 games again. The Buccs could also do it because they have the best coach they've had in a long time who is coming off of a 1 year vacation. Since Lovie has never actually had to start from scratch though, I give the edge to the Falcons.

If the Vikings win 9 or 10 games it will just be the latest version of the NFC North...4 junk teams whose second place team wins a fraudulent 8+ games just because of their schedule then gets mutilated by the Packers who everybody has picked for the SB until they lose their first playoff game.

The Falcons are a joke. Everyone loves them even when they show their true colors. Look at how many picks Matt Ryan threw last year. If that was Cam Newton, we'd never stop hearing about it.

Ryan broke records as a rookie and has gotten his team to the postseason 4 out of his six years playing for Atlanta, including that rookie year. Brees threw for 19 INTs in 2012, 12 this past year, five less than Ryan. Is he a bad QB? The Falcons had a down year but they are a solid team in the NFC.

The Falcons are a joke. Everyone loves them even when they show their true colors. Look at how many picks Matt Ryan threw last year. If that was Cam Newton, we'd never stop hearing about it.

The saints may not even get into the playoffs over the panthers and falcons

After seeing the Texans this weekend would you like a do over?

Preseason really does mean the team will perform the exact same in the regular season. I mean look at the 2008 Lions, they were undefeated in the preseason and the regu...oh wait.

With all the talk about receiving tandums Julio Jones and Roddy White is a pretty darn good tandem.  For most of last year Ryan had neither.  If he has both for 16 games, they will be good.

No. It is one preseason game. They have the team to do it but the QB position has to improve - a lot. I believe O'Brien will get Fitz up to speed by week 1.

u just said the bills have no QB so will finish 3 or 4 yet they texans have amazing QB oh yeah wait

u just said the bills have no QB so will finish 3 or 4 yet they texans have amazing QB oh yeah wait

Nah, the Bills are the Bills. Perennial basement dwellers regardless of personnel. The Texans are just one season removed from being division champs and have a pretty solid D but they have to get better play from the QB. And oh yeah, the Texans don't have Tom Brady in their division so path is much easier.

Nah, the Bills are the Bills. Perennial basement dwellers regardless of personnel. The Texans are just one season removed from being division champs and have a pretty solid D but they have to get better play from the QB. And oh yeah, the Texans don't have Tom Brady in their division so path is much easier.

Their run d was 24th in the league last year

They have yet to play a game. Saying they have a solid run d now is premature to say the least.

Everything is on paper right now. Have to make an opinion either way and I like that side of the ball for them more than last year. But they need better QB play which is obvious anyways.

This year I believe may be the breaking point of the Worst to First teams.

That is not to say I don't expect division shake ups.

San Diego could give Denver a run for the money, considering they don't screw it up like they always do.

Saints will retake the NFC South, bank on it. Carolina will prove how overrated they really were, and Atlanta is the great hope for everyone that hates the Saints to see a team rising up and challenge them. Not happening this year, however Lovie in Tampa isn't good news, then again they still are a crappy team.

I look for Pittsburgh (or maybe Baltimore) to rise up in the AFC North when no one expects it due to their very easy schedules.

This year I believe may be the breaking point of the Worst to First teams.

That is not to say I don't expect division shake ups.

San Diego could give Denver a run for the money, considering they don't screw it up like they always do.

Saints will retake the NFC South, bank on it. Carolina will prove how overrated they really were, and Atlanta is the great hope for everyone that hates the Saints to see a team rising up and challenge them. Not happening this year, however Lovie in Tampa isn't good news, then again they still are a crappy team.

I look for Pittsburgh (or maybe Baltimore) to rise up in the AFC North when no one expects it due to their very easy schedules.

There is nothing overrated about Carolinas defense

I'm on board with those picking the Rams??? Maybe Seattle has a little SB hangover & Rams surprise, stranger things have happened & I think they have steadily improved the past two off seasons, (they certainly throttled my favorite team last season :( )

Seattle & Niners seem to have overshadowed St. Louis in that division, good opportunity for St. Louis to sneak in there, I guess a lot depends on Bradfords health..