Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst to First Predictions

Blue Horseshoe

No. It is one preseason game. They have the team to do it but the QB position has to improve - a lot. I believe O'Brien will get Fitz up to speed by week 1.

That's really a pretty lame statement. "Fitz " is horrible and you make that broad statement that "O'Brien will get him up to speed by week one." LOL on that one . I see you qualify the ridiculous stuff by saying something like " but they have to get improved QB play." Uhhhh… but they don't have a good QB on the roster. Good luck with that … but I guess it gives you a way out for something that's not going to happen. Maybe we should visit last years threads on how you and Quiz boy thought I was being a dick for saying Keenam will always be a back up QB as he's small with no arm strength. BTW… Fitz is so good that Keenam is now splitting first team reps with him.

That's really a pretty lame statement. "Fitz " is horrible and you make that broad statement that "O'Brien will get him up to speed by week one." LOL on that one . I see you qualify the ridiculous stuff by saying something like " but they have to get improved QB play." Uhhhh… but they don't have a good QB on the roster. Good luck with that … but I guess it gives you a way out for something that's not going to happen. Maybe we should visit last years threads on how you and Quiz boy thought I was being a dick for saying Keenam will always be a back up QB as he's small with no arm strength. BTW… Fitz is so good that Keenam is now splitting first team reps with him.

He is not horrible. Just not very good. O'Brien is an offensive guy so if anybody can get something good out of Fitz it is him. Not sure why that is such a stretch given this is the best offensive weapons he has had with just Johnson and Arians alone. I never thought Harbaugh could get something good out of Smith and he did so I give Fitz a chance with O'Brien. And he should be splitting reps as the QB position is not a lock down position for the Texans yet given it is still the preseason.

And I never called you a "d." I don't call people names up here. And you know I like you so why would I call you that? I did like Keenum for the first few games and then admitted you were right about him so why all the fuss? You seem to really dislike folks disagreeing with you. It is a forum after all.

If its any of the bottom teams from last year in each division:

Redskins

Raiders

Bucs

Texans

Browns

Bills

Vikings

Rams

I'd have to go with Redskins, Romo may or may not be healthy for quite a while and the Cowboys lost alot on defense, Don't know what Foles will do through a full 16 games starting in Philly as impressive as he was last season(and I like him) and if that O Line can provide protection for him, Eli is inconsistent and that O Line as far as pass blocking wise is a work in progress, Redskins have to do a better job of taking care of the ball though, But its a wide open division

He is not horrible. Just not very good. O'Brien is an offensive guy so if anybody can get something good out of Fitz it is him. Not sure why that is such a stretch given this is the best offensive weapons he has had with just Johnson and Arians alone. I never thought Harbaugh could get something good out of Smith and he did so I give Fitz a chance with O'Brien. And he should be splitting reps as the QB position is not a lock down position for the Texans yet given it is still the preseason.

And I never called you a "d." I don't call people names up here. And you know I like you so why would I call you that? I did like Keenum for the first few games and then admitted you were right about him so why all the fuss? You seem to really dislike folks disagreeing with you. It is a forum after all.

He likes to beat his chest and say I told you so about Schaub and anything negatively related to the Texans is all. I never called him that word either but I can see why he would call himself that.

Naaa. just like picking on you . You can really take it and I have to really insult you to get a rise out of you. 

He likes to beat his chest and say I told you so about Schaub and anything negatively related to the Texans is all. I never called him that word either but I can see why he would call himself that.

No you didn't as I think back. There was another Texan fan . Yeah .. I was right about Schaub and also about Keenum but did mix you up with a guy that was here for maybe a month ? We argued a bit about Keenum , but you were civil. BTW…. I really love to write nasty posts to her as she can really take tons of abuse before she gets angry. We're actually friends…

rotoworld…

Case Keenum was given some first-team reps at Texans practice Thursday.

It's unclear whether there's significance behind Keenum's first-team reps, but it's certainly notable. He's clearly ahead of rookie Tom Savage, and starter Ryan Fitzpatrick was brutal in Houston's preseason opener, tossing two picks and managing 55 yards on 14 pass attempts. We still fully expect Fitzpatrick to open the season as the Texans' starter, but he may not have a long leash.

Naaa. just like picking on you . You can really take it and I have to really insult you to get a rise out of you. 

You got a rise out of me by labeling yourself a "d" and then attributing it to me. Essentially you insulted yourself which really upset me Dw. Now if that doesn't show how much I care about you.  :luv:

You got a rise out of me by labeling yourself a "d" and then attributing it to me. Essentially you insulted yourself which really upset me Dw. Now if that doesn't show how much I care about you.  :luv:

Only thing I like as much as bad Texan stuff is bad Patriot stuff…. here ya go….

The Boston Globe reports there has been "increasing talk" that the Patriots may keep only two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster.

That would leave Ryan Mallett as the odd man out. Just last week, NFL Network's Mike Mayock dubbed Mallett a starting-caliber quarterback in the NFL. Mallett then struggled badly in the preseason opener, completing 5-of-12 passes for 55 yards and showing shockingly poor timing and accuracy. The Patriots may try to "showcase" Mallett for a potential trade again this week, but it appears second-round rookie Jimmy Garoppolo is ahead of him to be Tom Brady's caddy.

Only thing I like as much as bad Texan stuff is bad Patriot stuff…. here ya go….

The Boston Globe reports there has been "increasing talk" that the Patriots may keep only two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster.

That would leave Ryan Mallett as the odd man out. Just last week, NFL Network's Mike Mayock dubbed Mallett a starting-caliber quarterback in the NFL. Mallett then struggled badly in the preseason opener, completing 5-of-12 passes for 55 yards and showing shockingly poor timing and accuracy. The Patriots may try to "showcase" Mallett for a potential trade again this week, but it appears second-round rookie Jimmy Garoppolo is ahead of him to be Tom Brady's caddy.

I don't think this is bad news but good news. I want to see Jimmy be THE guy after Brady. I have never been sold Mallett. I just wish they tried to shop him before the preseason but perhaps there were no takers. I think the scuttle has been out on him for quite some time. He has the talent but just not the in-game awareness and accuracy.

I don't think this is bad news but good news. I want to see Jimmy be THE guy after Brady. I have never been sold Mallett. I just wish they tried to shop him before the preseason but perhaps there were no takers. I think the scuttle has been out on him for quite some time. He has the talent but just not the in-game awareness and accuracy.

Well if I can't get you going with that one ( I thought the fact that maybe they just have to dump him was bad) , can I try this one ?

Rotoworld….

The Boston Globe has observed that it looks like Patriots DE Will Smith "doesn't have much left in the tank and is in danger of being cut."

Smith is 33 and trying to come back from a torn ACL, a tough enough task for a 23-year-old. He's one of the most prolific pass rushers of the 2000s, but simply may be out of gas. Smith will have to turn it on over the next 2-3 weeks.

Well if I can't get you going with that one ( I thought the fact that maybe they just have to dump him was bad) , can I try this one ?

Rotoworld….

The Boston Globe has observed that it looks like Patriots DE Will Smith "doesn't have much left in the tank and is in danger of being cut."

Smith is 33 and trying to come back from a torn ACL, a tough enough task for a 23-year-old. He's one of the most prolific pass rushers of the 2000s, but simply may be out of gas. Smith will have to turn it on over the next 2-3 weeks.

That may explain why they signed that Packer DE this week. That is a bummer but I never worry about the DE position as Bill always seems to find the right mix of guys. We really need Jones to take another step forward this season and become a dominant pass rusher. At some point thought the Pats need to stop taking flyers on injured players. It seems like if a player has a torn ACL then the Pats want him. I realize you get those guys on the cheap but it can come back to bite you. Sometimes you just got to pay for the talent.

That may explain why they signed that Packer DE this week. That is a bummer but I never worry about the DE position as Bill always seems to find the right mix of guys. We really need Jones to take another step forward this season and become a dominant pass rusher. At some point thought the Pats need to stop taking flyers on injured players. It seems like if a player has a torn ACL then the Pats want him. I realize you get those guys on the cheap but it can come back to bite you. Sometimes you just got to pay for the talent.

Thanks, I feel a little better now. 

Why? Are the Colts depressing you already? I would not read much into losing to the Jets. The Jets play every game like it is the SB because they win so few games every year.

No I feel good about the Colts as this stuff about the Texans over taking us with R.F. at the helm is poppycock. However , I will give that organization credit for drafting what they thought were the best players and not blowing their wad on a QB they didn't like. Much like the position your team is in…..

No I feel good about the Colts as this stuff about the Texans over taking us with R.F. at the helm is poppycock. However , I will give that organization credit for drafting what they thought were the best players and not blowing their wad on a QB they didn't like. Much like the position your team is in…..

How is a third rounder on Mallett blowing the wad?