Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

brazill's suspension a blessing in disguise?

CR91

with wayne and nicks both free agents next year, this will allow us to keep all our wrs without having to cut one this year when we're gonna need them to replace wayne or nicks seeing as I cant see us resigning both of them

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? We'll have the cap to do so. You act like Reggie is gonna ask for a blockbuster deal/contract

we all love reggie, but hes gonna be 36. we also have to think of long term contracts for luck t-rich hilton fleener and allen. also nicks if he has a good season

we all love reggie, but hes gonna be 36. we also have to think of long term contracts for luck t-rich hilton fleener and allen. also nicks if he has a good season

Exactly, so 1 year deal Reggie Wayne if he wants to play another year. Or he can hang the cleats up then come play WR coach for us

How can any incident like Brazills be anything other than a disgrace?

(Looks at Aaron Hernandez in New England)...umm while Brazill is guilty of making dumb decisions and maybe having a problem there is clearly worse things he could have done that would have made himself a disgrace. 

Considering the obvious that it isn`t 53 man cut day with all the WR`s healthy, No it isn`t a blessing to lose a healthy body.
I was ready to dump him before his issue because he just shows such limited ability with a questionable upside. After 2 seasons, and the few simple routes he can run and the 44% completion rate spells ... lets move on to me.

No that his one big run and catch against the Bengals bumbling tacklers wasn`t Super Kool!

IMO we are in Great Shape having Rogers & Moncrief.

Lets develope a better prospect than him or Whalen for the LAST spot. ASAP.

IMO we are in Great Shape having Rogers & Moncrief.

Lets develope a better prospect than him or Whalen for the LAST spot. ASAP.

That's a great point.  We should be rooting for someone to really blow us away that wasn't in our obvious slate of candidates because that means we'll be EVEN BETTER than the status quo.  Whalen is fine if that is the best we can do, but what would be way better is if one of our UDFA's stepped up and blew us away in training camp and won that spot.  Kudos on the positive mindset.  Sure many of us like Whalen, but let's get the best possible players available at every position whether it is Whalen or someone else.   

PS: Though it is never good to have a player suspended for drug abuse, I do get the essence of the original point.  This would mean that if the Colts WANTED to keep Brazill around, he'd be available, but this is certainly the worst case scenario for that to happen.  It's simply an odd plus in a whole lot of minuses.   

Does anyone know for sure if the next time some is caught with substance abuse if it is a lifetime ban after going through warning, 4 weeks and one year bans?  If so, it seem hyper risky to ever trust Brazill again.  

with wayne and nicks both free agents next year, this will allow us to keep all our wrs without having to cut one this year when we're gonna need them to replace wayne or nicks seeing as I cant see us resigning both of them

Rogers and Whalen are also FA after this season.

Griff and Moncrief will see more action. Reggie will probably want to play another year and we will work a deal with him, you can't turn away Reggie in my opinion.

They turned away Peyton, im pretty sure they can turn anyone away.  Just for the record im still not saying I agree with the decision.  I say that while wearing my Luck jersey.

Rogers and Whalen are also FA after this season.

Both are exclusive rights free agents after 2014, meaning we can tender them for something like $500k and they can't go anywhere. Then they'll be restricted free agents after 2015, meaning we can tender them and match any offer sheets.

So unless we're done with either of them prior to the end of the 2014 season, we can keep both of them around for 2015, very easily.

Both are exclusive rights free agents after 2014, meaning we can tender them for something like $500k and they can't go anywhere. Then they'll be restricted free agents after 2015, meaning we can tender them and match any offer sheets.

So unless we're done with either of them prior to the end of the 2014 season, we can keep both of them around for 2015, very easily.

Thank's for the info. !!!!

It could be, but after this year Brazil would need to seriously give up the weed.  

Pretty disappointed in him for this.  He seriously let the team and the fans down.  

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 11, 2014 - Removed crow posts and replies and references
Hidden by Nadine, July 11, 2014 - Removed crow posts and replies and references

(Looks at Aaron Hernandez in New England)...umm while Brazill is guilty of making dumb decisions and maybe having a problem there is clearly worse things he could have done that would have made himself a disgrace.

The defender of all Colt indiscretions. The difference is in Baltimore and New England, we tell it like it is when our players mess up. The coddling must be a mid-west thing.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 11, 2014 - Removed crow posts and replies and references

The defender of all Colt indiscretions. The difference is in Baltimore and New England, we tell it like it is when our players mess up. The coddling must be a mid-west thing.

Well to be fair, we haven't had a player kill anyone unlike those other two cities

riiiight...

When Colts fans say Brazill should be released you say we have a double standard if we say he has a problem and needs help we don't tell it like it is...

You just want to try to take shots.

I think more than a fair share of fans have acknowledged Brazill messed up and I see very few saying he should go unpunished in fact most are calling for his job over it (including myself) yet we are defending it.

Well to be fair, we haven't had a player kill anyone unlike those other two cities

First , you don't know if Ray killed anyone. He was not found guilty on that, or you could argue pleaed it away. . Obstruction of justice, getting rid of evidence, yes, absolutely guilty , and he was panned universally for it. He also has to live with that night the rest of his life, whatever happened. I think he should have been punished more by the NFL at the time, but that's just me. You won't hear me apologizing for ill behaving Ravens. I think they all need to apologize, and take their legal or NFL penalty lumps. No excuses here.

riiiight...

When Colts fans say Brazill should be released you say we have a double standard if we say he has a problem and needs help we don't tell it like it is...

You just want to try to take shots.

I think more than a fair share of fans have acknowledged Brazill messed up and I see very few saying he should go unpunished in fact most are calling for his job over it (including myself) yet we are defending it.

No, I just see you, not so much the forum, as the defender of all Colt indiscretions . Instead of just calling out Brazill for what he did, you compare him to Hernandez, which has nothing to do with what Brazill did.

On the double/ triple standard, I was referring to Colts fans reactions to Brazill , versus Irsay and Mathis, vis a vis the Kravitz article. I've seen it here on the forum where Brazill's departure would be a blessing in disguise , versus hoping Irsay gets treatment and understanding of his illness , and the defense of Robert Mathis by Cory Redding and fans. We know they are different scenario's preceded over by different governing bodies, but we know there are different standards based on money, power, or talent. It's always easier to make an example of the fringe player, rather than an owner or a top player.

No, I just see you, not so much the forum, as the defender of all Colt indiscretions . Instead of just calling out Brazill for what he did, you compare him to Hernandez, which has nothing to do with what Brazill did.

On the double/ triple standard, I was referring to Colts fans reactions to Brazill , versus Irsay and Mathis, vis a vis the Kravitz article. I've seen it here on the forum where Brazill's departure would be a blessing in disguise , versus hoping Irsay gets treatment and understanding of his illness , and the defense of Robert Mathis by Cory Redding and fans. We know they are different scenario's preceded over by different governing bodies, but we know there are different standards based on money, power, or talent. It's always easier to make an example of the fringe player, rather than an owner or a top player.

so me saying smoking weed isn't as bad as killing someone is defending them...

I'll say it again Brazill needs to be released but just because of that doesn't mean smoking weed is as bad killing someone. Brazill is guilty of making a very dumb choice and needs to pay the price for that but he's hardly as bad as some of the other players in this league.

They turned away Peyton, im pretty sure they can turn anyone away.  Just for the record im still not saying I agree with the decision.  I say that while wearing my Luck jersey.

It was Manning who chose to walk not that the Colts just turned him away. Too many seem to have a negative attitude about the whole Manning issue.  Luck is the future, not the past. 

It was Manning who chose to walk not that the Colts just turned him away. Too many seem to have a negative attitude about the whole Manning issue.  Luck is the future, not the past. 

You've said this several times. It's not based in fact, and that's been pointed out and proven several times, yet you keep saying it.

You're just gonna troll on this topic whenever and however you can, huh?

What coddling?

The difference between the midwest is we don't make things up that have no basis in reality.  The lies must be a Baltimore thing.

You're just gonna troll on this topic whenever and however you can, huh?

It's kind of funny. You have an opinion differing from the machine, and you are a troll. You get accused of taking shots , yet you get hammered with shots like Swiss cheese. You defend yourself, you get a vacation. I hold Ravens personnel to the same standards as Colts, yet I'm supposedly unreasonable. What can you do ?

It's kind of funny. You have an opinion differing from the machine, and you are a troll. You get accused of taking shots , yet you get hammered with shots like Swiss cheese. You defend yourself, you get a vacation. I hold Ravens personnel to the same standards as Colts, yet I'm supposedly unreasonable. What can you do ?

were you demanding Rey Lewis be released? Are you calling for Ray Rice to be released? Till you do don't sit here and play holier than thou.

???

Is fire hot in your version of reality? Do planes still fly in the sky? Are there still Blockbuster stores?

It's impossible to take you seriously. You ignore the facts, you make things up to replace the facts, and then you complain when people call you out on it. I'm glad you can laugh about it.

Brazill's suspension isn't a big blow to this team. He would've been nice to have for depth, especially because he can return, but we're okay at WR. Hilton, Nicks, Wayne, Moncrief, Rogers, and Whalen.  With Fleener and Allen at TE and Luck throwing the ball, I feel pretty good at WR. Let's just hope pass protection will improve this year with the changes on the interior O-line.

were you demanding Rey Lewis be released? Are you calling for Ray Rice to be released? Till you do don't sit here and play holier than thou.

My point was they are more likely to release a lesser player as an example , than a player like Mathis, Rice, or Lewis. The point is, you guys come off as supporting Irsay and Mathis in an understanding way, while just wanting to whack Brazill. Just admit there are different standards as Kravitz pointed out.

If you want my opinion , I would have suspended Lewis for a year at the time, and I think Rice warrants at least four games, although it will kill us. If Steve Bisciotti did what Irsay did, I would be upset and expect him to admit he did wrong. You can believe it, or not.

you are a joke