Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stevie Johnson traded to the 49ers

James

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m Filed to ESPN: 49ers trading a conditoonal 2015 4th-round pick to Buffalo for WR Stevie Johnson, per sources. Pick can become a 3rd.

Watch and learn, Grigson. That's how you improve your team AND avoid getting fleeced in a trade.

Right, because Grigson is doing such a bad job of building this team.

Don't take the bait if you were a SF fan you'd have to resort to little digs too imagine if your team was a QB away it would be frustrating. Stevie should be right at home he is used to poorly thrown passes

Don't get that trade with the receivers still in the draft and the picks San Fran has why not go get Lee or Latimer even Adams

They still have all their picks this year, you will see a lot of the 49ers today they have 5 picks in rounds 2-3

They still have all their picks this year, you will see a lot of the 49ers today they have 5 picks in rounds 2-3

I know they have all those picks that is why I was asking why Stevie Johnson with all the WR's on the board.

I know they have all those picks that is why I was asking why Stevie Johnson with all the WR's on the board.

maybe they want the experienced Recievers with him and Brandon Lloyd to teach the young guys including who they might draft later Johnson is solid good deal

Because he knows how to get open they want another vet, Boldin is up there in age. They still might draft a WR today. I'm willing to book it that they will draft one of those WRs today Jarvis Landry maybe

Quinton Patton slow progress probably played a role too to get a vet

I find it funny how everyone has given up on him and that trade. 

I haven't given up on Trent we need to fix the O Line and Pep needs to utilize the kid he will be top back this year. It was just two years ago he was the second coming of AP. Trent will be fine.

I'm going to have to disagree with pretty much all of you here. The Bills won this trade and dumped Stevie Johnson onto the 49ers. The Bills got fleeced when they traded up for Watkins. I'm saying this because IMO, there isn't much difference between Watkins and Beckham, who they could of got if they stood pat where they were. This trade was about recouping a pick they lost in that trade and they got maximum value for stevie. They are now going with a young WR core in Watkins, Woods and Williams. Not too bad. Now Watkins only costs two 1sts and the Bills once again have 6 picks at least next year in the draft.

Because he knows how to get open they want another vet, Boldin is up there in age. They still might draft a WR today. I'm willing to book it that they will draft one of those WRs today Jarvis Landry maybe

Quinton Patton slow progress probably played a role too to get a vet

If I'm not mistaken, Patton got into a little trouble not too long ago also.

Don't recall what the situation was, but I could swear his name was mentioned in a derogatory manner recently.

If I'm not mistaken, Patton got into a little trouble not too long ago also.

Don't recall what the situation was, but I could swear his name was mentioned in a derogatory manner recently.

Wasn't he with Kaepernick that day of that alleged incident?

They will live to regret this when his crazy touchdown celebration gimmicks get them loaded with penalties, and not to mention his infamous golden plays where the ball slips right through his hands in the clutch when it matters the most.

I'm going to have to disagree with pretty much all of you here. The Bills won this trade and dumped Stevie Johnson onto the 49ers. The Bills got fleeced when they traded up for Watkins. I'm saying this because IMO, there isn't much difference between Watkins and Beckham, who they could of got if they stood pat where they were. This trade was about recouping a pick they lost in that trade and they got maximum value for stevie. They are now going with a young WR core in Watkins, Woods and Williams. Not too bad. Now Watkins only costs two 1sts and the Bills once again have 6 picks at least next year in the draft.

Well someone agrees with me or someone agrees with you (missed this post when I originally replied)

Niners passing game was in the bottom 5 last year, and I don't see where this is a big upgrade. Johnson didn't do much in Buffalo, extremely overrated.

Don't rule out the 49ers will still use a draft pick today to select another WR.

They've got two-2's and three-3's!     Seriously!

They've got the ammunition to do whatever they want.    They can sit and take the best that falls to them. 

Or, they can target guys and spend some of that ammunition to trade up.....

They'll be major players today....     I wouldn't even be surprised if the Colts make a trade with them today....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m Filed to ESPN: 49ers trading a conditoonal 2015 4th-round pick to Buffalo for WR Stevie Johnson, per sources. Pick can become a 3rd.

Watch and learn, Grigson. That's how you improve your team AND avoid getting fleeced in a trade.

One bad trade AT THIS CURRENT TIME, and now Grigson doesn't know how to make trades lol

Buddy of mine is a Buff fan and talked about how Johnson didn't want to be there and little reports would surface from time to time about it.

If that's true, I get it, can't have a guy being a distraction when you're trying to change the culture in your organization.

Look at YouTube & type in Stevie Johnson vs Revis

Johnson torched Revis the way top WR's who got shutdown by Revis couldn't

You're a fool if you don't think Johnson is nice

Also the Bills are on the line for his 10 million dollar salary this year. I know he wasn't happy there...especially when they went out and got Mike Williams from Tampa...but SF basically gets Johnson who is a veteren receiver from the bay area to come home and help against Seattle. He isn't the burner they needed but he will be very nice addition.