Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 2 best available for Colts

Ok, so the top safeties didn't last, who are some guys at the top of your list for our 2nd and 3rd round picks?

I would love it if somehow Xavier Sua Filo lasted to the Colts 2nd, but it would be a little wishful thinking.

A few others I wouldn't mind us targeting are OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB Demarcus Lawrence, FS Terrence Brooks, DE Rashede Hageman, and there's still plenty of quality WRs available.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 300. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.19. 
Projected Round (2014): 1-2. 

5/7/14: Richburg has a lot of fans in the scouting community and played well as a senior. The Rams averaged 461 yards per game during the 2013 regular season. He led a line that allowed only 20 sacks and averaged 200 yards rushing per game. Richburg had an impressive outing against Boise State, but didn't have his best showing in his bowl game against Washington State. 

Richburg bounced back and played well in the Senior Bowl. He showed a nice combination of strength, athleticism, quickness and balance. Richburg has some teams considering him as an option for a late first-round pick. He had a good performance at the Combine and solidified his standing as the top center. Sources have said they don't expect Richburg to last past the middle of the second round. 

USC_logo.gif Marcus Martin, C, USC 

Height: 6-3. Weight: 320. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.09. 
Projected Round (2014): 2-3. 

5/7/14: Martin was a surprise entry for the 2014 NFL Draft. He probably should have returned for his senior season to improve before going pro. Martin started his career at left guard and was the starter there for the Trojans in 2011 and 2012. The junior moved to center for 2013 and had a quality season. He has some athleticism and versatility. 

Martin has good strength to open holes in the ground game with surprising quickness and agility to hit blocks on the second level. He has the size to match up on heavy nose tackles and shouldn't get pushed around. Martin could use more development in his pass blocking when faced with a one-on-one, especially against smaller defensive tackles who are speed rushers. 

I would Love Attaochu or Hageman. Id just prefer it be Defense. If there is a great quality reciever there that we love than fine but I think we could wait untill next year for that and see what Rodgers and nux show us this year as well as Brazil.

Stephon Tuitt

Group of WRs(Marquise Lee, Cody Lattimer, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Mathews, Davante Adams)

Sua Filo

David Yankey

Bashaud Breeland

Kyle Van Noy

Attaochu

Hageman

Louis Nix

Gabe Jackson

Marcus Roberson

Kyle Van Noy, Breeland, Tuitt on top of the list

Best available on my board  

1. Gabe Jackson G

2. Louis Nix NT

3. Jeremiah Attaochu OLB

4. Jordan Matthews WR

5. Carl Bradford OLB

6. David Yankey G

I think three or four of them could fall to us, would be fine with any of those players. Safety can wait until the 3rd round, Reynolds and Bailey would be good value in the 3rd.

I think we really have to get a safety in round 2.. Hopefully Brooks

I would say interior OL in round 3

That is exactly how you don't draft by position you take BPA  Brooks is fast that is it very overrated not a good fit for our system can't catch. You have to be able to get off the field when given the opportunity.

I would be shocked if we didn't drop back and take Jackson or just take him.  Marcus Martin is interesting he played 2yrs at G before playing a yr at C but I like Russell Bodine later same G/C combo think Bodine brings same thing without the price tag.

I would say O Line is our biggest need and it is how you win football games in the trenches. I think Grigs has done pretty good with the front 7 on D  Chapman Hughes should be much better just adding Jones and Jackson to the mix makes the D better  trenches trenches trenches

I know we need pash rusher too but you can only do so much think the big uglies need to be taken care of. Really hyped to see what we do

That is exactly how you don't draft by position you take BPA  Brooks is fast that is it very overrated not a good fit for our system can't catch. You have to be able to get off the field when given the opportunity.

I would be shocked if we didn't drop back and take Jackson or just take him.  Marcus Martin is interesting he played 2yrs at G before playing a yr at C but I like Russell Bodine later same G/C combo think Bodine brings same thing without the price tag.

I would say O Line is our biggest need and it is how you win football games in the trenches. I think Grigs has done pretty good with the front 7 on D  Chapman Hughes should be much better just adding Jones and Jackson to the mix makes the D better  trenches trenches trenches

I know we need pash rusher too but you can only do so much think the big uglies need to be taken care of. Really hyped to see what we do

Lot's of great linemen still on the board (jackson,bitonio, martin, mewhort, bodine, richburg) . I'm afraid we might take hageman, if he's still available. We've shown alot of interest in him. He's too darn lazy though!

Joyner would be a terrible pick too small and plays more CB than safety if we want a good sized prospect with experience playing safety and corner lets go get Dontae Johnson have him play safety looks like all of the safeties worth drafting high will be gone before 59

Lot's of great linemen still on the board (jackson,bitonio, martin, mewhort, bodine, richburg) . I'm afraid we might take hageman, if he's still available. We've shown alot of interest in him. He's too darn lazy though!

I was worried about D line myself but with the clown going to Houston Grigs kind of has to lean toward O Line. We could stay put grab Bitonio move up a little grab Jackson still pull Dowling out in 5th.I would say the draft is looking good for us.

Grigs has to be pleased when he looks at his board. I predict an early run on WR's tomorrow could see some RB's go. I love how it is playing out. 

I was worried about D line myself but with the clown going to Houston Grigs kind of has to lean toward O Line. We could stay put grab Bitonio move up a little grab Jackson still pull Dowling out in 5th.I would say the draft is looking good for us.

Grigs has to be pleased when he looks at his board. I predict an early run on WR's tomorrow could see some RB's go. I love how it is playing out. 

I don't think it's possible to get two(jackson, bitonio, mewhort) of them though (i wish). I would love it, if possible.

Stephon Tuitt

Group of WRs(Marquise Lee, Cody Lattimer, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Mathews, Davante Adams)

Sua Filo

David Yankey

Bashaud Breeland

Kyle Van Noy

Attaochu

Hageman

Louis Nix

Gabe Jackson

Marcus Roberson

Kyle Van Noy, Breeland, Tuitt on top of the list

I like Roberson a bit more than Breeland. I could live with Hageman or Nix as well on the D line.

I like many of the other ones you mention as well. Especially Attaochu, but I would add SJB to the list.

Would also add Donte Moncrief to the WR list.

I'm glad your name isn't Ryan Grigson. In a Charles Barkley Voice: That's just tuurible.

Not terrible, just different. You've put a premium on o-line and Superman's going a bit flashier with a pass-rusher and a safety. Both hit needs, just a different perspective. I'd be ok either way..

I'm crossing my fingers that Van Noy slips down to #59, then we can come back with Dion Bailey at #90.

I'd be thrilled with Van Noy at 59.    I know he's a long time favorite of yours.

Bailey at 90 is too soon for me.    I see him as a 4th round guy....    so I'd rather trade back and collect picks and still take Bailey later.

Defensive 2nd round targets:  (11)

Safety             Corner            DE                  NT          OLB

-------              --------               ----                 ----         ------

Brooks            Desir              Tuitt                Nix          VanNoy

SJB                Hageman                      Lawrence

Breeland                                              Attaouchu

Joyner

Offensive 2nd round targets:  (11)

G                        C                          WR

---                      ---                          ----

XSF                  Martin                     Matthews

Bitonio             Richburg                 Latimer

Jackson                                          Adams

Mewhort                                         Robinson

Landry

Total targets of interest:  22

This list does not include players at positions where we're not as interested....   QB, RB, TE, OT and 4-3 DL  ILB

Colts pick is #26

Odds of getting a player that we like and want.....   incredibly high. 

Joyner would be a terrible pick too small and plays more CB than safety if we want a good sized prospect with experience playing safety and corner lets go get Dontae Johnson have him play safety looks like all of the safeties worth drafting high will be gone before 59

I would say all the S worth drafting at 59 are already gone i'd pass on Brooks and Baily. Rather Dowling late and a guy like Joyner Johnson Exum who can play all over the back prefer Exum because I think he could end up outside permanently  but Grigs needs to find an extra pick somewhere.

Defensive 2nd round targets: (11)

Safety Corner DE NT OLB

------- -------- ---- ---- ------

Brooks Desir Tuitt Nix VanNoy

SJB Hageman Lawrence

Breeland Attaouchu

Joyner

Offensive 2nd round targets: (11)

G C WR

--- --- ----

XSF Martin Matthews

Bitonio Richburg Latimer

Jackson Adams

Mewhort Robinson

Landry

Total targets of interest: 22

This list does not include players at positions where we're not as interested.... QB, RB, TE, OT and 4-3 DL ILB

Colts pick is #26

Odds of getting a player that we like and want..... incredibly high.

Hate to be that guy, but we pick #27 in 2nd round lol. I'm just being petty haha

-------              --------               ----                 ----         ------

Joyner

Landry

This list does not include players at positions where we're not as interested....   QB, RB, TE, OT and 4-3 DL  ILB

Colts pick is #26

Joyner

Landry

Colts pick is #26

not sure why we would have no interest in OT in fact Bitonio is an OT that can play across the line  most Tackles can move in to play guard not usually the case with G going out to T,  Turner Moses the boys from Tenn even Kujoakdia I think we look at , BPA   I really hope we don't take Brooks he is my Decker of the draft please no no no I think we have more pressing needs than WR unless Latimer is some how there.

My first round pick didn;t pan out there Hawks traded out