Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Will Rule Division Again

dw49

No big harm done IMO. Houston has no QB , Jacksonville takes a QB with no arm and bad mechanics at 3. Who is really the GM there ? I'm thinking maybe it's really Clarabell the clown ? Tenn gets a tackle that was no big need. Nobody really looks to have made up any real ground …

Yeah, no real noise made this draft for the AFC South

Everyone knew Clowney was going to HOU so that was no surprise. Bortles was a surprise to me, but hey it's the jags so you gotta expect everything with them

Our biggest competition in the AFC South is the injury bug. We're like 0-30 against him, dude always has our number :(

:colts:

ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING. Do you know that his brother is David? Derek already talked major trash about the Texan's.

Yea I witnessed it up close and personal live for years. They are pretty high on Derek Carr well that's what some Houston beat writers have been saying

So did Jacksonville take Blaine Gabbert v2.0??????

That's what I'm thinking.  You'll have to excuse me if I strongly question these Johnny come lately QB's who are suddenly first round picks.  

A year ago no one knew who Blake Bortles was.  

Jacksonville fans love it cause he's from UCF.  I think they just handed us 2 free wins.  

They should have taken Mack or Watkins or traded down.  All of those moves would have been smarter then Bortles at #3

And I don't see why we should be afraid of Jadeveon "3 sacks last year" Clowney.  Castanzo is gonna serve up a breakfast of Clowney pancakes.  

I did a lap around my house when Minnesota took TB!!!! SO HAPPY, NO FRANCHISE QB FOR YOU HOU.

This was the thing I was so excited to see.  If they could have come away from this draft with Teddy and Clowney they would be right back in the hunt for the division title.

Though it is going to be hell on Luck to have to deal with Clowney and Watt two games a season. Lets just hope that our OL is improved or Luck will be on his back each time we play them.

Draft is longer than 1 round buddy...............

But i agree with you a gagillion percent! GO COLTS!

No that's true and the Texans do have 11 picks in this draft. But it appears to me that Houston will still have a QB problem and and I thought Jacksonville made horrible use of pick 3. Way better off trading the pick to Buffalo and getting the bounty Cleveland received. 

A strong run game helps negate a pass rush.

Sure it does but the Colts do not have one. The OL is very bad and it hasn't improved much from last year and there is no depth in case of injuries. Richardson isn't going to scare anyone.

This was the thing I was so excited to see.  If they could have come away from this draft with Teddy and Clowney they would be right back in the hunt for the division title.

Though it is going to be hell on Luck to have to deal with Clowney and Watt two games a season. Lets just hope that our OL is improved or Luck will be on his back each time we play them.

They are going to draft a QB who will be much better than Bridgewater.

who?

There are at least three left who are better than Bridgewater in my opinion. Bridgewater slid for some very good reasons. Arm strength was a major one of those. Again, it is only my opinion and Lord knows I have been wrong before.

Jacksonville got their next Blaine Gabbert with that Bortles pick.

None of these claoss of 2014 qb's will be NFL starters in 3 years.

Yes, they will but none of the first round picks may be starters in three years. Some second and third rounders will be.

That's what I'm thinking.  You'll have to excuse me if I strongly question these Johnny come lately QB's who are suddenly first round picks.  

A year ago no one knew who Blake Bortles was.  

Jacksonville fans love it cause he's from UCF.  I think they just handed us 2 free wins.  

They should have taken Mack or Watkins or traded down.  All of those moves would have been smarter then Bortles at #3

And I don't see why we should be afraid of Jadeveon "3 sacks last year" Clowney.  Castanzo is gonna serve up a breakfast of Clowney pancakes.  

I've been hearing people on ESPN today say that he's going to be thrown into a tough situation and is probably not going to produce right off the bat anyways.  Barring a miracle it will probably take him some time to develop into something feasible, but lets hope he is BG v2.0 which I would have no problems with.  He could be the next best thing but having to compete with Andrew Luck as the best QB in the South probably won't bold well on him.  I don't see Jacksonville going anywhere soon. 

I know a couple people who are Jacksonville fans and they weren't really too excited about it. 

Sure it does but the Colts do not have one. The OL is very bad and it hasn't improved much from last year and there is no depth in case of injuries. Richardson isn't going to scare anyone.

Just got a little better. ;)

I've been hearing people on ESPN today say that he's going to be thrown into a tough situation and is probably not going to produce right off the bat anyways.  Barring a miracle it will probably take him some time to develop into something feasible, but lets hope he is BG v2.0 which I would have no problems with.  He could be the next best thing but having to compete with Andrew Luck as the best QB in the South probably won't bold well on him.  I don't see Jacksonville going anywhere soon. 

I know a couple people who are Jacksonville fans and they weren't really too excited about it. 

My wife lived in Jacksonville for a while and she said her friends on FB where really happy about it.