Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time To Shut Down Addai For The Year?

oldunclemark

We know what he can do..

We have backups we need/want to see get playing time...

He's not 100% there's no need to get him reinjured..

..and we're 0-9.....

..any thoughts?

We already know what we have with out back ups. We have seen Brown for the last few years and in a few snaps this season and we have seen Carter do his thing this year. I don't think we have to shut Addai down, but I wouldn't mind seeing us give Brown more snaps so he can boost his trade value

We already know what we have with out back ups. We have seen Brown for the last few years and in a few snaps this season and we have seen Carter do his thing this year. I don't think we have to shut Addai down, but I wouldn't mind seeing us give Brown more snaps so he can boost his trade value

Cosign!! && Joe wants too get back out there on the field BAD.

I'd like the emphasis to be on Brown and Carter since it's more useful to the team long term, but I wouldn't want him benched completely if healthy. They need to win some games as well.

On the other hand, I didn't feel comfortable with him dressing "just in case" the past two games. He is obviously still injured, so what is gained by bringing him back too soon? You would think that the risk of aggravating the problem would be substantial.

Why would we ir addai? He's our best running back and he's averaging the most ypc. Donald has been playing well but he's not a starter, addai added a big spark last year when he came back and maybe heck do the same here.

I would think Addai would be back after the bye week. It make no sense to shut him down unless they are really trying to tank the rest of the year, he is by far our best back. I can't understand with Donald Brown trade talk??? What do you guys think you actually get for this guy, when this league is watered down with running backs??? What makes him stand out more than everyone else ,to the point that a team would come knocking on our door for him??????

Addai is not the colts best RB, and his resigning was another bad move by the colts.... the colts knew he was injury prone and look at him now, dressed but cant play... the colts should just ride whats working now which is brown and carter cause basically they compliment each other.... one with the speed and quickness and the other who could lay the wood and get the hard yards..... Carter need to tighten up on fumbling the ball though.

Addai is not the colts best RB, and his resigning was another bad move by the colts.... the colts knew he was injury prone and look at him now, dressed but cant play... the colts should just ride whats working now which is brown and carter cause basically they compliment each other.... one with the speed and quickness and the other who could lay the wood and get the hard yards..... Carter need to tighten up on fumbling the ball though.

Addia is the colts best runningback and I fail to understand how that's so hard for people to see...

Why would we ir addai? He's our best running back and he's averaging the most ypc. Donald has been playing well but he's not a starter, addai added a big spark last year when he came back and maybe heck do the same here.

he's not 100%

He cant practice...couldnt practice again Thursday

He's been out 4 weeks..

Shut him down.....and play Brown and Carter..They are 100%

I would think Addai would be back after the bye week. It make no sense to shut him down unless they are really trying to tank the rest of the year, he is by far our best back. I can't understand with Donald Brown trade talk??? What do you guys think you actually get for this guy, when this league is watered down with running backs??? What makes him stand out more than everyone else ,to the point that a team would come knocking on our door for him??????

mz..

What makes you think Joe A will be back after the bye...

Just asking

Not if Addai would stay healthy. He is our best runningback.

He is our best RB...which is why we'll need him for as many games as possible next year.

An RB only has so many games in him..

He's not 100%...Couldnt practice again Thursday...

Brown and Carter are both capable and both healthly..

Save Joe A.

I was all about the Addai signing, and was going to hate Polian even more if he let him go, but as the season wears on, I'd have to say I was wrong and we should probably cut ties. Go after J.James again, and have Brown/Carter/James as our RB core with a total of roughly $3mill. Invest in other spots.

rotflmao Smitto you should change your name to "AddaiHater" you can't wait too see a thread about him. Whether you think so or not, Addai is the best RB on the team! Donald Brown has played ok but has still yet to pick up pass blocking! You keep screaming Addai is not the best back we have but it sure isnt Donald! You telling me Donald is the best RB with only 7 total touchdowns & only 1 100 yard game in a 3 year span o_0 Donald who gets took out on 3rd down & replaced by a rookie to pass block, that Donald? Donald who waits for a hole to open instead of just running st8? He has good cut back vision, ill give him that. How can you think Donald is the best RB and he couldnt even beat out a 4th round rookie for the backup role.. Why when Joe got injured last year and they brought in Rhodes, why did he come in and start right over Donald? When Addai came back, why did Donald 12 carries a game all go to Rhodes? If Donald was the best back, why didnt he see 1 play in the playoff game last year against the Jets?? You might as well kill that noise that he is our best RB, he not even better then Carter & probably not Evans! Name 5 teams where Donald can go beat out that teams RB and start for them.. I only see 1 (Miami).. I can name 5 off the top of my head for Addai!!

:pats: - would beat out any back on they roster & keep Brady clean

:packers: - perfect system for him & would start instantly

:saints: - would start and fit in great wit the system

:giants: - Wanted to sign him but Peyton ask him to stay to try to make another Super Bowl run.

:lions: - better then any RB on they roster

:bengals: - tried to sign him but he turned it down

:browns: - tried to sign him this off-season

Addia is the colts best runningback and I fail to understand how that's so hard for people to see...

Addai is average at best when running the ball, he is a patient runner who's best skills is blocking... if it wasnt for addai's blocking skills i can bet he wouldnt have been resigned.... so no addai is not the colts best RB, Carter is better than him, brown is better than him.... at running the ball that is.

rotflmao Smitto you should change your name to "AddaiHater" you can't wait too see a thread about him. Whether you think so or not, Addai is the best RB on the team! Donald Brown has played ok but has still yet to pick up pass blocking! You keep screaming Addai is not the best back we have but it sure isnt Donald! You telling me Donald is the best RB with only 7 total touchdowns & only 1 100 yard game in a 3 year span o_0 Donald who gets took out on 3rd down & replaced by a rookie to pass block, that Donald? Donald who waits for a hole to open instead of just running st8? He has good cut back vision, ill give him that. How can you think Donald is the best RB and he couldnt even beat out a 4th round rookie for the backup role.. Why when Joe got injured last year and they brought in Rhodes, why did he come in and start right over Donald? When Addai came back, why did Donald 12 carries a game all go to Rhodes? If Donald was the best back, why didnt he see 1 play in the playoff game last year against the Jets?? You might as well kill that noise that he is our best RB, he not even better then Carter & probably not Evans! Name 5 teams where Donald can go beat out that teams RB and start for them.. I only see 1 (Miami).. I can name 5 off the top of my head for Addai!!

:pats: - would beat out any back on they roster & keep Brady clean

:packers: - perfect system for him & would start instantly

:saints: - would start and fit in great wit the system

:giants: - Wanted to sign him but Peyton ask him to stay to try to make another Super Bowl run.

:lions: - better then any RB on they roster

:bengals: - tried to sign him but he turned it down

:browns: - tried to sign him this off-season

I dont hate addai at all, you just like him too much to use the noggin... when the colts were putrid at running the ball who got most of the blame? Joseph Addai some fans can remember that on the old thread, granted it was not all his fault because the Oline had to block to get something going but even then addai couldnt show his worth as a RB...

If addai was on the pats he would have been cut his second season being injured... he's injury prone and the pats dont need a good blocking RB because their Oline is already that good, and where did you hear those teams were interested in him? especially the giants when they have bradshaw and the biggen?

the colts are showing no signs of negativity in the running game because they have two good running backs who are performing much better than addai, granted carter needs to hold on to the ball more but as for donald if he can keep it up addai will not be a colt for very long.

I dont hate addai at all, you just like him too much to use the noggin... when the colts were putrid at running the ball who got most of the blame? Joseph Addai some fans can remember that on the old thread, granted it was not all his fault because the Oline had to block to get something going but even then addai couldnt show his worth as a RB...

If addai was on the pats he would have been cut his second season being injured... he's injury prone and the pats dont need a good blocking RB because their Oline is already that good, and where did you hear those teams were interested in him? especially the giants when they have bradshaw and the biggen?

the colts are showing no signs of negativity in the running game because they have two good running backs who are performing much better than addai, granted carter needs to hold on to the ball more but as for donald if he can keep it up addai will not be a colt for very long.

I know those teams was interested just like I know alot of Colts news before its broke. Giants wanted him BAD but right after Peyton signed that Saturday he called Joe and ask him to Please sign back because they needed him back! Giants didnt resign Bradshaw until Joe resigned back with the team! && if Pats would cut him for being injured, why Faulk still on the roster, why Fred Taylor stayed on the roster so long? But why you didnt answer those other questions about Donald? 7 career tds and 1 100 yard game in 3 years rotflmao rotfl He's only playing & only on the field kause Joe is hurt!! He aint get 1 carry the first 4 games not 1 but he the best back huh? If you say so.. BTW Giants, Rams, Bengals, Brown, Dolphins & Bucs wanted to sign him this off-season. Better do your homework!!!!!!!! 13961_1286509923959_1266504947_30821074_3524297_n.jpg

Addai is definitely our best RB when healthy, much better than Brown that's why he's obviously the starter and always will be as long as he's a Colt. He definitely has durability issues though.

EXACTLY!! Smitto just blind & senile like Polian.. Lol

Since we've had Joe as our number one RB, our Rushing game has been the worst in the league. Blame the oline everyone shouts. When we have the most disturbed and newest oline this year, we get better? Addai is a good TE in RB clothing. Let him skip and hop to NY if he wants.

rotflmao Im sure if he did Peyton would really have neck issues with Donald Brown back there trying to pick up the block. Rushing game have been worst since drafting Addai huh? Not because the Colts just sign UDFA's O-linemen on the whole line and expect them too run block and pass block right? How did the O-line get better, kause we finally drafted a lineman in the 1st round o_0 The whole O-line has been injured except Saturday & every week there's a new starter on it, so how did it get better? Which 1 of our backs have rushed for 100 yards this season? NONE!! How many sacks & forced fumbles have the line gave up? So how is the line better.. I bet the most football you have played is flag. :cuss:

I know those teams was interested just like I know alot of Colts news before its broke. Giants wanted him BAD but right after Peyton signed that Saturday he called Joe and ask him to Please sign back because they needed him back! Giants didnt resign Bradshaw until Joe resigned back with the team! && if Pats would cut him for being injured, why Faulk still on the roster, why Fred Taylor stayed on the roster so long? But why you didnt answer those other questions about Donald? 7 career tds and 1 100 yard game in 3 years rotflmao rotfl He's only playing & only on the field kause Joe is hurt!! He aint get 1 carry the first 4 games not 1 but he the best back huh? If you say so.. BTW Giants, Rams, Bengals, Brown, Dolphins & Bucs wanted to sign him this off-season. Better do your homework!!!!!!!! 13961_1286509923959_1266504947_30821074_3524297_n.jpg

EXACTLY!! Smitto just blind & senile like Polian.. Lol

"GM Jerry Reese confirmed the Giants were interested in Joseph Addai and DeAngelo Williams as fallback plans to Ahmad Bradshaw once free agency began.".... hint the word FALLBACK.

Out of those two backs 90% of ppl would pick DW.

Those remarks you made about brown not living up to your standards are nonsense.. the colts barely run the ball alot and brown got the yards he could have got, unlike your friend Addai who likes to play skip to my lou in the backfield...

Addai was never a first round pick or considered a starter coming into the draft and he still isnt a very good RB.

I cant even count how many times addai has had a hamstring problem never was durable and always had that 2nd round pick smell all over him coming out of the draft.

Addai is average at best when running the ball, he is a patient runner who's best skills is blocking... if it wasnt for addai's blocking skills i can bet he wouldnt have been resigned.... so no addai is not the colts best RB, Carter is better than him, brown is better than him.... at running the ball that is.

Smitto, you obviously lover power running backs, and that's fine. The best style of runningback is a patient runner though, as you called Addai. He waits for a slight crease or hole to open, and then hits it and breaks to the second level. Chris Johnson is a patient runner. Arian Foster is a patient runner. Joseph Addai is our best runningback at running the ball and everthing else.

Since we've had Joe as our number one RB, our Rushing game has been the worst in the league. Blame the oline everyone shouts. When we have the most disturbed and newest oline this year, we get better? Addai is a good TE in RB clothing. Let him skip and hop to NY if he wants.

This is not true. Post facts not opinions.

"GM Jerry Reese confirmed the Giants were interested in Joseph Addai and DeAngelo Williams as fallback plans to Ahmad Bradshaw once free agency began.".... hint the word FALLBACK.

Those remarks you made about brown not living up to your standards are nonsense.. the colts barely run the ball alot and brown got the yards he could have got, unlike your friend Addai who likes to play skip to my lou in the backfield...

Addai was never a first round pick or considered a starter coming into the draft and he still isnt a very good RB.

I cant even count how many times addai has had a hamstring problem never was durable and always had that 2nd round pick smell all over him coming out of the draft.

Smitto... please stop hating on Addai. We can tell that you don't like Addai, but your not going to change my mind that he isn't our best runningback. We just like different styles of runners, that's it.

rotflmao Im sure if he did Peyton would really have neck issues with Donald Brown back there trying to pick up the block. Rushing game have been worst since drafting Addai huh? Not because the Colts just sign UDFA's O-linemen on the whole line and expect them too run block and pass block right? How did the O-line get better, kause we finally drafted a lineman in the 1st round o_0 The whole O-line has been injured except Saturday & every week there's a new starter on it, so how did it get better? Which 1 of our backs have rushed for 100 yards this season? NONE!! How many sacks & forced fumbles have the line gave up? So how is the line better.. I bet the most football you have played is flag. :cuss:

I have a different opinion on this, and always have. But I note you can't keep from dropping in some personal insults? Let your football arguments talk for you please, no need to get snippy.

TRADE ALL OUR RBS, NONE EVER GET 100 YPG, TRADE THEM ALL FOR DRAFT PICKS TO GET O-LINEMEN OUR BIG WEAKNESS

We just took two o-lineman with our first two picks who like very good.

We found a guy in Reitz who looks to be a keeper. Even Link has come a long way since opening day and is showing why he is out there he is a very good run blocker.

They are young but for the first time in a long time we have some good players on the o-line and the line play has improved this year even with a make shift line most of the year. The only reason we haven't had a 100 yard back this year is because we have been down in games. If you look at our YPC it's 4.5 which is above the 4.0 that teams shoot for. It's also greatly improved over most recent years when that number has been close to 3.0.

Also, if all our backs stink what on earth makes you think we would be able to trade them and get anything of value in return for them? This is a league where running backs are thought to be a dime a dozen and if they are over 30 they are done the best running backs in the league don't have high trade value let alone the Colts backs. This is a theory I see way too much here, trade a player because in the posters opinion they are no good and expect to get something of value in return.

See you are just going off by articles and stuff you have read. I was in the same room when the GM called and said they wanted to fly him to NY and sign him. The same day him and Peyton resigned kause 18 was texting him asking him to stay. Skip to my lo got him resigned to.. Lol. He's never had a hamstring injury with the colts, its his first. The times he's been injured Donald still hasnt done anything to take his job.. Thats sad and Donald dont have to live up to my standards kause I didnt draft him, Colts did. Numbers dont lie right? Put Donald career stats [all 3 years] against Addai rookie year when he didnt start and his numbers still better then Donald's. If you compare both first 3 years, Addai nonsense-ing on Donald. It doesnt matter what you think tho. When he returns after the bye week, he still gon be the starter and your boy Donald will be back to his old duties, blocking on kick return coverage and not gettin any carries like the first 4 games unless they put him in front of DC. Go compare them numbers then holla at me homie. Men lie, Women lie, but numbers dont. lmao

Smitto... please stop hating on Addai. We can tell that you don't like Addai, but your not going to change my mind that he isn't our best runningback. We just like different styles of runners, that's it.

Let him hate.. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I just dont know how Donald is the best back? He's the best but when Rhodes resigned last year he took all DB carries. He's the best but didnt get in on 1 play against the Jets in the playoffs. He's the best but a 4th round rookie took his backup role. He's the best but didnt have a single carry the first 4 games before Joe got injured..

HEY SMITTO, I AGREE HE IS THE BEST RB ON THE ROSTER. rotfl

Saying you probably only played flag football was a personal insult? WOW

What was the purpose of the comment then? What did it bring to the discussion of whether Addai is great (your view) or below average (my view). Articulate your reasoning, and if it transpires it added sound logic to your support of Addai, I shall make a very humble apology.

You weren't doing too bad until you got to the end. Brown is horrible; he shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph with Addai. Carter is better than Brown, but he doesn't have the all-around game of Addai.

You weren't doing too bad until you got to the end. Brown is horrible; he shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph with Addai. Carter is better than Brown, but he doesn't have the all-around game of Addai.

Totally disagree. Brown has the skills to be a better RUNNING BACK than Joe. Perhaps he's not the blocker or receiver that Joe is, but we have others to do that!

Agreed!

Totally disagree. Brown has the skills to be a better RUNNING BACK than Joe. Perhaps he's not the blocker or receiver that Joe is, but we have others to do that!

He has the skills, so why hasnt he done anything yet? He's had more then enuff opportunities to show the Colts why they drafted him in the 1st round. Joe rookie season stats are better then Donald's career stats & Joe never started until the playoffs. How long you think the Colts are gonna wait for DB to show them something? Yall keep saying DB is better but why didnt he get 1 carry the first 4 games & why is he 3rd string? DB aint even better then DC.