Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the most underrated colts player

CR91

whos the most underrated colts player that the nfl doesnt mention a lot of, but deserves credit? my vote goes to jerrell freeman. two years in the league and hes anchored the middle of defense, hes also probably our second best pass rusher. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats actually a good choice. when they talk about the best corners, its always revis sherman pp haden. no mention of davis

No disrespect to Vontae Im glad he's a Colt. And by far one of my favorites.

But the reason why he's not mentioned with Sherman and Haden is because he's NOWHERE CLOSE to the player on the field these guys are.

But the reason why he's not mentioned with Sherman and Haden is because he's NOWHERE CLOSE to the player on the field these guys are.

not saying he is, but he should be mentioned as a top corner

He's better than Patrick Peterson and Haden.

not saying he is, but he should be mentioned as a top corner

He should be mentioned as a #1 corner. Vontae is that no question. But he should not be mentioned with Haden or Sherman not even close.

Vontae is young and I expect great things from him. Very happy to have him resigned.

I hope that one day soon he will be a pro bowl corner like Haden and Sherman.

did you hear vontae's name called vs the chiefs or pats

If I recall correctly, Vontae was getting beat left and right against the Chiefs.  It may have been in the Chiefs regular season game, and not the playoff game, but I do recall being disappointed with his play.  With the Pats, they didn't need to throw the ball (Brady ended with 198 yards passing) because they were destroying us with the running game.

Do you consider Patrick Peterson a top corner?

I consider Peterson a better corner than Vontae.  I wouldn't say he's a top corner just yet, but he's getting there.  Vontae is also getting there, but he needs more consistency.  Same thing goes for Haden

He's not better than Haden or Peterson... OMG...LOL

Yes he is. I'm going to bet you have never even seen those guys play.

Davis gave up a lower catch rate, less total yards, less YPA, and had more plays on the ball than PP did.

He had the same cover snap/targets, and a higher cover/snap reception while giving up a lower catch rate and having more plays on the ball than Haden.

If I recall correctly, Vontae was getting beat left and right against the Chiefs. It may have been in the Chiefs regular season game, and not the playoff game, but I do recall being disappointed with his play. With the Pats, they didn't need to throw the ball (Brady ended with 198 yards passing) because they were destroying us with the running game.

I consider Peterson a better corner than Vontae. I wouldn't say he's a top corner just yet, but he's getting there. Vontae is also getting there, but he needs more consistency. Same thing goes for Haden

Well, Vontae only gave up like 30-some yards in the Chiefs game.

Peterson isn't better than Vontae. The only thing Peterson does better than Vontae is run faster.

Well, Vontae only gave up like 30-some yards in the Chiefs game.

Peterson isn't better than Vontae. The only thing Peterson does better than Vontae is run faster.

I would put those three guys (Vontae, Peterson, and Haden) in the same category of "very good, but need more consistency to be great".

I'm not sure if Vontae is the most underrated (though I would say he's definitely top 3 on the Colts), but he was definitely the most irreplaceable player for us in free agency. The majority of us (including me) were sweating if he would get resigned and didn't want him to go because there was nobody in FA that could match his production. I think that shows the respect we have for him. Also TY Hilton has proven that the trade up for him was a great move, and he's the second or third best receiver in that 2012 draft class (Gordon and Jeffrey with him). Hilton has been brilliant thus far in his career.

Also, I'm the biggest patrick peterson fanboy on these forums and I'm completely enamored with him, but Davis did a better job last year than Peterson. Check out Davis' game against Denver to see what a shutdown corner can do. I do think Haden is better than Vontae though as he is a pure shutdown corner. I would also trade Davis for Haden straight up. I've seen Haden shut down all kinds of Receivers in the NFL. He is very good at shutting down the speed WR's like Torrey Smith, something that's very important. This isn't a knock on Davis, but Haden is a top 3 CB and Davis is a bit inconsistent. If he can stay on his game, every game, he's a top 3 CB.

Yes he is. I'm going to bet you have never even seen those guys play.

Davis gave up a lower catch rate, less total yards, less YPA, and had more plays on the ball than PP did.

He had the same cover snap/targets, and a higher cover/snap reception while giving up a lower catch rate and having more plays on the ball than Haden.

I'm going to bet that any football fan (besides a few Colts), coach, scout, expert, etc. Would rank Haden ahead of Davis as a shutdown corner.

I have seen them play plenty and I would love to be a homer myself and say Davis is better than Haden. But Joe is a top 3 corner I think Davis is on his way to be a top 10.

I'm going to bet that any football fan (besides a few Colts), coach, scout, expert, etc. Would rank Haden ahead of Davis as a shutdown corner.

I have seen them play plenty and I would love to be a homer myself and say Davis is better than Haden. But Joe is a top 3 corner I think Davis is on his way to be a top 10.

Lol Joe Haden is nowhere near a top 3 corner. Maybe top 15.