Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the most underrated colts player

CR91

I've came across a many that seemed perfectly fine with giving- up on him. They wanted to throw him under a bus/ or kick him to the curb for the next BIG THING/TOY. I'm thrilled he's a colt and i predict he retires one.

I haven't seen anything like that, and am curious. Can you provide a link or offer a source?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen anything like that, and am curious. Can you provide a link or offer a source?

Sorry, i was just talking about personal conversations (not including this forum). I think most of us here can see his value/contributions to our team.

Sorry, i was just talking about personal conversations (not including this forum). I think most of us here can see his value/contributions to our team.

I guess that would fall under the category of "your friends" or "your acquaintances", and not "Colts fans", then. Just sayin'.

Andrew luck. We had talent when Peyton went down and still couldn't win a game. I think if we didn't have andrew, our team would be barely above 500. Just because we all appreciate luck and he's many fans favorite, does not mean he isn't underrated. I think our years with Peyton made us take the QB position for granted, and our horrible one year, wasn't enough to make fans appreciate the QB position. And the reason for that is andrew luck.

Jmo.

If Vontae can produce more interceptions this year he will be considered in that elite class. He is shutdown and has a lot of pass defenses to be considered as a number one or shutdown corner in the NFL but his INT are not yet there. If he improves on that and creates more INT this year for the Colts he should be a pro bowler this year. To bad he wont be able to play in the game though as we will be playing in February! GO COLTS! BTM!

If Vontae can produce more interceptions this year he will be considered in that elite class. He is shutdown and has a lot of pass defenses to be considered as a number one or shutdown corner in the NFL but his INT are not yet there. If he improves on that and creates more INT this year for the Colts he should be a pro bowler this year. To bad he wont be able to play in the game though as we will be playing in February! GO COLTS! BTM!

It's a misconception that SHUTDOWN CORNERS have alot of picks (they usually have 2 or less) . They don't get many chances to make plays on the ball, due to them locking down an entire zone/field they roam in. When you have guys with alot of picks, it usually means they gamble quite abit or get thrown at alot, due to not being very good. The true stat to look for is pass break-ups/deflections.

It's a misconception that SHUTDOWN CORNERS have alot of picks (they usually have 2 or less) . They don't get many chances to make plays on the ball, due to them locking down an entire zone/field they roam in. When you have guys with alot of picks, it usually means they gamble quite abit or get thrown at alot, due to not being very good. The true stat to look for is pass break-ups/deflections.

That might be true but Vontae still drops to many balls that he should pick off. If he caught half of what he drops he would probably have 4-5 picks a season versus just 1-2. He said right after he signed his contract the next individual goal for him was be selected to the pro bowl and is he increases the numbers of INT he produces this year while keeping his shut down traits up he will make it to the pro bowl, but right now thats why he gets overlooked and is underrated as a corner to some of those other guys. 

to me it's darius butler by a long shot. Vontae, to me, is actually a bit overrated. Some games he looked like deion, and others he looked flat out horrible. You can't be a top 5 corner with only 4 INTs in the past two years. I think this season Vontae breaks out and becomes the consistent shut down corner we've only dreamt of having. But as of now he is slightly overrated. D butler on the other hand is a ball hawk who has led the team in INT's ever since he got here. 

Its hard to get interceptions when the ball isnt thrown your way.  Just like Darrelle Revis.  Once he showed he was shutting them down, people stopped throwing his way.  Just cause he doesnt have a whole lot of INT's doesnt mean he isnt good.

Its hard to get interceptions when the ball isnt thrown your way.  Just like Darrelle Revis.  Once he showed he was shutting them down, people stopped throwing his way.  Just cause he doesnt have a whole lot of INT's doesnt mean he isnt good.

It's true that in many games vontae really wasn't thrown at for his amazing coverage. But for a few games, he was thrown at and scorched.

I agree with you on this but another way to look at it is we didnt have a true #2 corner with Toler being hurt. And with not much depth QB's took advantage of this. Seattle obviously has the best secondary in the league and Sherman had 8INT. So pick your poison should I say with Seattle.

If the Colts can get the secondary anything close to Seattle like = Superbowl

da'rick rogers is a good receiver  but wont get enuff looks this year with nicks coming in

vontae davis u all say hes top 10  but only named 4 better hmmm = top5

anthony costanzo hes good underrated nah   hes just the best o linemen we have

ty hilton underrated   what in the 2013 top 100   nah hes good everyone knows hes good

darius butler   is prolly the best slot/nickel in league i can agree  but u dont get much as a slot nickel corner

luck ? underrated?   lol  wrong hes right were he should be knocking on elites door

mathis  lol   not even worth commenting is elite

jerrel freeman good choice for underrated player but hes not good enough enter dqwell jackson

thats what i think about the comments ive read thus

my choice for most underrated colt is :thinking:

pat mcafee  :shifty:  boomstick, how many times does he put offenses in the 10 or even the 5 ,best punter in the league, run at him & youll find out

:hide:  awaits comments

honorable mentions    griff whalen , sergio brown,