Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 Offenses

AllYouNeedIsLuck

I think we're up there, especially if we can get the power running game going

I'd say as of now the top 5 are..

1. Broncos (gotta respect what they did last year on offense. Lost Decker but still have Peyton)

2. Lions (Adding a reliable WR in Tate is huge. Expect Calvin to have yet another amazing season. Adding Sproles makes that offense dynamic as well)

3. Colts (A lot will depend on Reggie but if he goes back to his regular self we got 3 reliable WR's with great depth in Rogers, Brazill and Whalen. 2 TE's that can catch the ball, and Allen especially is good at blocking. Combine that with a power rushing attack of Bradshaw, Ballard and Richardson, and there's a chance of something special)

4. Pats (Depends on Gronk's health but they should be great with Brady running the show)

5. This is a toss up between the Saints, Packers, and Bengals but I think I'll go with the Saints. Even without Sproles, Brees will find a way to have New Orleans as the elite offense they always are)

Honestly we're no.1 pending a healthy Allen, Wayne and Ballard return ...

Hakeem is that "Oh yeah, they got him now. Lets just bend and not break"

I predict TY to be a uncoverable headache bc we have so many layers in our offense that need to be respected causing a trickle down effect allowing our RBs to pick up easy garbage 1st downs all year

Colts offense has a lot of guys coming off injury.  There is Reggie Wayne trying to come back from an ACL injury; Hakeem Nicks who has never played an entire 16 game season and couldn't get in the end zone last year; Dwayne Allen coming off of a hip injury.  We do have decent depth at the WR position in Brazil, Griff and Da Rick but one will likely not make the team with the addition of Nicks.

At running back there is Vick Ballard coming off of an ACL injury and Ahmad Bradshaw, with an already well documented injury history, now trying to return after a neck injury.  What are the chances that the Colts get through the season with all of those guys staying healthy?  Throw in a very questionable and frustrating Trent Richardson who showed nothing last year and it's difficult to put this offense in the top 3 with so many unknowns.  Talent/potential wise most definitely but you can't ignore the sheer number of guys on our offense trying to rebound from injuries.

1. Broncos (gotta respect what they did last year on offense. Lost Decker but still have Peyton)

2. Lions (Adding a reliable WR in Tate is huge. Expect Calvin to have yet another amazing season. Adding Sproles makes that offense dynamic as well)

3. Colts (A lot will depend on Reggie but if he goes back to his regular self we got 3 reliable WR's with great depth in Rogers, Brazill and Whalen. 2 TE's that can catch the ball, and Allen especially is good at blocking. Combine that with a power rushing attack of Bradshaw, Ballard and Richardson, and there's a chance of something special)

4. Pats (Depends on Gronk's health but they should be great with Brady running the show)

5. This is a toss up between the Saints, Packers, and Bengals but I think I'll go with the Saints. Even without Sproles, Brees will find a way to have New Orleans as the elite offense they always are)

Our offense is not better than the Packers, Patriots or Saints, by virtue of their QB's. Luck is very good but he is not at that level yet

Colts offense has a lot of guys coming off injury.  There is Reggie Wayne trying to come back from an ACL injury; Hakeem Nicks who has never played an entire 16 game season and couldn't get in the end zone last year; Dwayne Allen coming off of a hip injury.  We do have decent depth at the WR position in Brazil, Griff and Da Rick but one will likely not make the team with the addition of Nicks.

At running back there is Vick Ballard coming off of an ACL injury and Ahmad Bradshaw, with an already well documented injury history, now trying to return after a neck injury.  What are the chances that the Colts get through the season with all of those guys staying healthy?  Throw in a very questionable and frustrating Trent Richardson who showed nothing last year and it's difficult to put this offense in the top 3 with so many unknowns.  Talent/potential wise most definitely but you can't ignore the sheer number of guys on our offense trying to rebound from injuries.

mister positive right here lol but whos to say these guys wont be better they could be worse but guess will have to wait few months before we find out

mister positive right here lol but whos to say these guys wont be better they could be worse but guess will have to wait few months before we find out

Yeah gotta add some balance. Lol. Some assume everything will fall our way and everyone plays up to their potential. My post was a reminder that ish happens. The truth will lie somewhere in the middle.

I think Cleveland's offense will surprise some this season, though probably not top-5. Even last season, with no running game and using 3 different QBs they were middle of the pack.
Now they've added a competent RB, will almost assuredly add one of the top WRs in the draft to an already dynamic duo of Gordon and Cameron (maybe even Watkins), and should have a stable QB situation with Hoyer who was 3-0 as a starter.

I think we could be #1/#2, we just don't know what to expect out of the injured guys. Our Offense will be dynamic as long as we have Luck. If we have a healthy Reggie, Nicks, Allen, Ballard, Bradshaw...watch out NFL. 

I think Cleveland's offense will surprise some this season, though probably not top-5. Even last season, with no running game and using 3 different QBs they were middle of the pack.

Now they've added a competent RB, will almost assuredly add one of the top WRs in the draft to an already dynamic duo of Gordon and Cameron (maybe even Watkins), and should have a stable QB situation with Hoyer who was 3-0 as a starter.

If you guys get either Bortles or Bridgewater your offense will be pretty damn good. Also the addition of Ben Tate if healthy will be great. Hopefully you guys grab ambit her WR in the draft

If we don't straighten out the interior OL issues,  we'll continue to be inconsistent.    And if we don't get the OL straightened out, that means the running game will continue to struggle which means our passing game won't be as good as it's capable of being.

Threads like this are just lots and lots and lots of wishful thinking right now.    And that's fine.    As long as you recognize that and realize what the reality is..............

Sorry,  I hate being a buzz-kill...   but there it is..........

If you guys get either Bortles or Bridgewater your offense will be pretty damn good. Also the addition of Ben Tate if healthy will be great. Hopefully you guys grab ambit her WR in the draft

I think regardless of what QB they draft (it's looking less likely at 4), Hoyer will be the starter for 2014. They averaged enough yards with Hoyer on the field to be top 10. I like the WRs who will be available around 26 - one of Lee, Benjamin, or Beckam. My ideal 1st round for the Browns would be Robinson at 4 and Beckam at 26, then drafting Garrapolo or Mettenberger later to groom for a year.

If we don't straighten out the interior OL issues, we'll continue to be inconsistent. And if we don't get the OL straightened out, that means the running game will continue to struggle which means our passing game won't be as good as it's capable of being.

Threads like this are just lots and lots and lots of wishful thinking right now. And that's fine. As long as you recognize that and realize what the reality is..............

Sorry, I hate being a buzz-kill... but there it is..........

Thank you!!!!! Don't like to rain on everyone's parade but it's so true!! Have to have an O-line in order for our skill guys to do their job well! Would say were #3 because of our interior OL

This year I think it looks like this:

1. Eagles (Macklin and Sproles added to Mccoy, Jackson, Cooper, Ertz, Celek....and Foles was IMPRESSIVE)

2. Broncos (they don't miss much after losing Decker and bringing in Sanders but we have to see the OL and RBs fair....and Peyton will come down to earth playing NFC West...i see 2012 numbers which were still impressive)

3. Pats (yes....Gronk makes that much a difference and they were top 10 last year...add Lafell and hopefully a healthy Amendola...Brady bounces back)

4. Bears (just loaded with Forte, Marshall, Jeffries, Bennett...it all lies on Cutler)

5. Lions/Bengals (Johnson, Tate, Bush, Pettigrew...Stafford isn't much different than Cutler)  (Bernard, Green, Eifert, Gresham, Jones...and of course Dalton is very inconsistant)

I think we fall right behind this group with Green Bay and New Orleans and Atlanta....Top 10 for sure...and that's good enough if we can be top 10 defense too! That should be our mission! 

the eagles have sproles, not the lions. think the lions still have bush

I agree, until we fix the interior of our offensive line, we will not be top 5 anything on offense, except QB hurries, knockdowns and rushes of zero yards. Fixing the O-line has been priority one for two seasons now. Grigson has to know this, but so far this offseason he hasn't done anything to address it (Costa has to be for back-up). There are always injuries to contend with,(like Thomas last season).So good depth is important. No team can have a top 5 offense without a good O-line. We can not afford another off season without addressing the O-line problems. I sure hope Grigson has a plan in place and feel like he does, maybe he has his sights on someone in the draft but as of right now it doesn't look very good, we need another veteran center and guard. In Grigson we trust, if he doesn't get it addressed this season, there will be a huge backlash from Colts fans. It would be a huge waste of skill position talent,to field a below average O-line this season.

Wow, we are going to bolt from #15 to top 5? With Reggie's age and injury recovery question marks, not much of a running game when we need it (lost our leading rusher), and haven't added anything to the Oline (at least we will have Thomas back, but he is solid, not great). Nicks is on/off depending on his mood and injury status as well. I just can't see us shooting from mediocre to top 5 in the NFL. I'll say we go from #15 (average offense) to top 10. If we get one more O lineman in free agency, I could see top 5. But right now, I see Luck running for his life a lot, just like last year. And I see the running game, led by a suspect Oline and TRich, hmmmm. Hate to sound like this, but top 15 is not bad, but just don't see top 5 unless we do something more with the O line.