Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson is a Genius

Dark Superman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing Nicks to one season is smart. Nicks has a history of injuries, and for Nicks, he says he wants to play for a team with a GOOD QB. Having a one year deal will allow Nicks to see if he and Luck gel together for a potential future contract. Nicks decision to resign after that may also depend on whether Wayne retires or not, as I'm sure Nicks wants to be a #1 receiver catching passes from Andrew Luck.

If Nicks plays like he's capable of he's essentially volunteering to play this year for us. If he doesn't, we're no worse off than we were last year.

If this move doesn't excite you, you're not paying attention.

Brilliant offseason:

Re-sign Bradshaw, a good RB when healthy

Sign Jackson, who was the best player on the Browns arguably and a position of need

Sign Jones, who is a DL on the rise who can rush the QB and stop the run.

Re-sign Davis, a good press cover cornerback

Sign Costa, who is a good, tough player who will either push Holmes to be good or he will take his job.  He can also play center.

I still would like to see another quality o-lineman, a safety, and another potential pass rusher.  But I would say this was a very good off season so far!

Great work by Grigs landing Nicks.  WR should not be the issue it was after Reggie went down last season.  With Allen, Bradshaw, Ballard, and Reggie all coming back, Luck will have his weapons for sure.  I'm really curious to see how much Luck and Hilton improve going into their third season,   To a lesser extent, I want to see how TRich runs behind a re-vamped O-line.

If Grigs lands Mack now, I would have to grade him at A+ for this off-season and that's before the draft!

Brilliant offseason:

Re-sign Bradshaw, a good RB when healthy

Sign Jackson, who was the best player on the Browns arguably and a position of need

Sign Jones, who is a DL on the rise who can rush the QB and stop the run.

Re-sign Davis, a good press cover cornerback

Sign Costa, who is a good, tough player who will either push Holmes to be good or he will take his job.  He can also play center.

I still would like to see another quality o-lineman, a safety, and another potential pass rusher.  But I would say this was a very good off season so far!

Patience.. We still have the draft..

How many draft picks do we have left for this year and what rounds are they :???:  Didn't we trade our first round pick on Richardson :dunno: Thanks in advance for the answer to my questions.

Friday is the day you want to watch if you pick just one.  We have both a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Well, all I can say is he keeps swinging. 2 one year deals with Avery and DHB, and Grigson continues to rent 1 year options. I really hope this one works out for the sake of the Colts. He keeps trying and seems like the diametric opposite of Polian when it comes to free agency.

The 2nd round pick for Vontae Davis came with expectations and Vontae Davis met or surpassed it (occasionally). The 1st round pick for Trent Richardson comes with even higher expectations, and let us see how it plays out.

I would prefer he piles up some draft picks for future years because the draft is going to be key moving forward once the cap room dwindles with more and more free agents to re-sign (Castanzo, Luck, T.Y. etc.)

He is shrewd but I wouldn't call him an outstanding GM too soon. Lets talk the year after Luck is signed to his big contract and see where the team is then. How he manages things between now and then will be key to his GM legacy.