Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How are we gonna be able to sign Decker now?

Indeee

Clemons is great in coverage and would compliment Landry beautifully. I hope they sign him, plus he'll be signed for half of Byrd's contract.

Very good player, and graded out very well on PFF. Byrd is not the only good one left. 

I don't want him for 4.5 million per year.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. But beyond his monster game what did he add?

Not much.

He's still a HUGE unknown and it would be far beyond foolish to move forward thinking he's the answer at the position.

No but the guy didn't even get the luxury all other rookies got by having an offseason and time to build chemistry

You know he didn't play all year right??

yes but still he's not the next #1 not yet maybe if he has a couple more years to develop i would just not put all my faith in these young wide recievers not saying they arent good they are but we need veteran depth cheaper the better decker nicks i dont care who but the young wr's did struggle alot after wayne went down and they will all year if they're expected to be starters

Another name to think on:

Golden Tate. I think he could be a good fit with us, and he's not gonna command Decker money, so it's a possibility. 

i would love golden tate for great depth and punt returning for a decent deal anything would only help us i understand the anger at wanting to overpay for a WR but bringing someone like tate in would only benefit the team

yes but still he's not the next #1 not yet maybe if he has a couple more years to develop i would just not put all my faith in these young wide recievers not saying they arent good they are but we need veteran depth cheaper the better decker nicks i dont care who but the young wr's did struggle alot after wayne went down and they will all year if they're expected to be starters

Who was seatles #'1? Who was the ravens #'1 the year before? I think we'll be all right. You people forget we will have Allen back. Boom, now you have two sick TE's who can catch. There you go.

No but the guy didn't even get the luxury all other rookies got by having an offseason and time to build chemistry

He will this season. And if he proves himself then, fine. But again, you're taking a total shot in the dark assuming it's going to work out for the best. 

It's also definitely worth considering Reggie's ability coming off his injury. What if he comes back and isn't his former self? How long can Reggie keep going? We have to start looking at a future post-Reggie at the WR position, and if it really was a breeze to draft successful WR's everyone would do it. The names in this thread would help us moving forward no matter how you spin it. 

If Rogers turns into the next Jerry Rice then it will just be gravy. 

If we don't sign a veteran WR that means either A) The FO and coaches have faith in Rogers, Brazill and Whalen or B) We're targeting some specific WRs in the draft.

Remember, a lot of the receivers in the upcoming draft would be considered first rounders in any other draft, but there's simply too much quality in this one, which means a lot of them will be pushed to the 2nd round. 

He will this season. And if he proves himself then, fine. But again, you're taking a total shot in the dark assuming it's going to work out for the best.

It's also definitely worth considering Reggie's ability coming off his injury. What if he comes back and isn't his former self? How long can Reggie keep going? We have to start looking at a future post-Reggie at the WR position, and if it really was a breeze to draft successful WR's everyone would do it. The names in this thread would help us moving forward no matter how you spin it.

If Rogers turns into the next Jerry Rice then it will just be gravy.

I just don't want decker I'd take Nicks on a 1 year deal or draft a WR

We aren't pursuing Decker hopefully or any other WR. Maybe Nicks for a cheap 1 yr. prove it deal, but we don't need a WR. With the money we have left, we need to focus on a center and a safety. Forget about WR's.

I agree. The idea of a Decker deal bothered me from the moment I head about it. I like the idea of a Nicks deal. I wanted him coming out of college. I also like the idea of Tate for this reason:

i would love golden tate for great depth and punt returning for a decent deal anything would only help us i understand the anger at wanting to overpay for a WR but bringing someone like tate in would only benefit the team

There isn't a single flaw in your logic, sir. Good on you. 

Well duh...... as long as there's a #87 on the Colts roster named Reggie Wayne; no WR brought in will be a #1

Reggie is coming back from injury with one year left on his contract and about to be 35yrs old I would hope we are not looking to pick up a #2 wr in FA with how deep that position is in this year's draft

I agree. The idea of a Decker deal bothered me from the moment I head about it. I like the idea of a Nicks deal. I wanted him coming out of college. I also like the idea of Tate for this reason:

There isn't a single flaw in your logic, sir. Good on you. 

i owe you 1 like im out for the day but your compliment is much obliged sir  :hat:  now lets go get tate and de la puente at center

Glad Bethea walked,,,,,,,,,,,,,Certainly didn't want to over pay him Who has lost a lot,,,,,,,,,,,,Glad we havn't signed Decker and hope we don't He is over rated and not worth the $$ he'd command,,,,,,,,,,I'd love to sign GOLDEN TATE,,,,,,,,,,Maybe Nicks as well...Sign a DBack also,,,,,,,OLINE then we're done and waiting on the draft