Colts near deal with CB Vontae Davis, or not? (Reports) [Merge]

MTC

Update:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's similar to Shields contact, I would be OK.

I think that's too much.  $10ish mil is too much in my opinion for an inconsistent CB.  He's shown lock-down potential and he's shown times where he looks completely lost and out of place.  $10 mil is a lot of money and if I were to pay that to a CB, I would want to be sure he is a guy who will lock down the opponent's top WR.  With that said, Grigs knows more about cap managements and player worth than I do

I think that's too much.  $10ish mil is too much in my opinion for an inconsistent CB.  He's shown lock-down potential and he's shown times where he looks completely lost and out of place.  $10 mil is a lot of money and if I were to pay that to a CB, I would want to be sure he is a guy who will lock down the opponent's top WR.  With that said, Grigs knows more about cap managements and player worth than I do

All Cbs are inconsistent save for Sherman, Revis and Grimes. 

Look at it this way. Cap was 10 million more than expected. Then we cut the bubble head and than signed DQ. Losing 1.5 million. So really we are right back where would have been if the cap hadn't gone up. Assuming Davis gets 10 millions

Look at it this way. Cap was 10 million more than expected. Then we cut the bubble head and than signed DQ. Losing 1.5 million. So really we are right back where would have been if the cap hadn't gone up. Assuming Davis gets 10 millions

I'd be shocked if he got that much, Im expecting 8-8.5

I like Vontae, but if his contract is so high that it doesn't allow us to put good pieces in the front 7, his signing will be for naught. If we aren't getting after the qb, then qbs like Keenum, Fitzpatrick, and Alex Smith will still have success against us.