Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri to hit FA market

MTC

I really hoped (and still do)  that he would stay.   He had a really good year, and helped win several games for us.

He's one of my favorite players on the team.    And for those thinking we need young blood,   some of the best and most accurate kickers have been some of the oldest players in the NFL.   Just some  "food for thought"

I say let Adam go, let Boomstick handle the field goals and draft Pat O'Donnell late in the draft. Three time all conference, 6'4" 220, 23 reps on the bench and ran a 4.6 in the forty. Can handle the kickoffs, so Pat doesn't wear out.

I have a feeling this could be a product of talks with Davis getting most of Grigson's attention right now. I have a feeling they would like Adam back but have a very set figure for it and if Adam doesn't like that number they will let him see what he can get else where.

If they let him go and draft a kicker I might just pop, We have far greater needs then a freakin kicker, sign him to a 3 year deal with 4-5 mill per with 7 mill guaranteed and be done with it

Five million a year and I'll pop.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hmmm.   ”Healthy excuses will be hard to come by.”    Really?   Richardson, who had less than a thousand snaps in college, then had roughly 200 snaps his rookie year.  There’s one.   And Houston has Stroud who had a great rookie year.  Aren’t most media predicting Houston and JVille ahead of Indy this year?  That’s two without any trouble.     I just think insisting on a division title because a fan thinks it’s time doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny.   Sorry, just my two cents…. And often not worth that much.   
    • For me absolutely it does. If Richardson stays healthy excuses will be hard to come up with. As positive as I am with Ballard at some point we have to start winning. He bet on himself by bringing in his own home grown talent this year, what he does at safety in the coming month and a half has me worried as well. We were so close to winning the division last year with a back up QB that my expectation is winning the AFC south this year.    If they make it into the wild card game and lose then the seat is just as hot for me. If they advance further and make a Cinderella run then I’m fully back on board.
    • 3 straight losses for the Reds. They have their moments where they play well. But it’s time to be real. They aren’t a playoff team and will never be as long as the Castillinis own them and David Bell is manager.    De La Cruz is fun, but his career will be wasted on this team. 
    • Am I reading this correct?   You think Ballard’s seat gets hot if the Colts don't win the AFC South?  Really?   So if the Colts don’t win the south but make the playoffs Ballard’s seat still gets hot?    Just making sure I understand your viewpoint. 
    • Yes, yes he did. If you scroll back to old Pagano post you’ll see how much blame he got. I definitely hold Pagano is regards to letting Luck down on the offensive side of the ball. I also see the Houston Texans inevitably going down the same path.   D’joun Smith is who you’re thinking of.   Grigson is looked at as an overall bust and a terrible drafter so naturally the blame will be more widely accepted. There is no doubt things will be heating up under Ballards seat if anything less then winning the division is obtained this year. The QB position has been his Achilles heel. If Richardson is healthy this season I believe his roster will be very heavily evaluated with no excuses this year.
  • Members

• AwesomeAustin

AwesomeAustin 2,478

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,533

Moderators
    • Gyworks

Gyworks 13

• MFT5

MFT5 326

• Fat Clemenza

Fat Clemenza 392