Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets release CB Antonio Cromartie [Merge]

From the man himself:

I would start getting used to the fact that Vontae Davis will likely not be back next year. It seems like he is asking for way too much money.

Cromartie would be good on a one year deal. I wouldn't commit past a year. He would be a great stop-gap player.

I would go after him regardless of Davis' status. Davis plays mainly on the WR2 and AC usually takes the WR1. If Davis does leave then Cromatrie, Toler and Butler and a draft pick isn't too bad.

Cromartie only plays one side of the field and if he was as good as Vontae he wouldn't have gotten cut.

I would start getting used to the fact that Vontae Davis will likely not be back next year. It seems like he is asking for way too much money.

Until I see facts, this is all speculation. There haven't been reports otherwise so I'm still optimistic. (fingers crossed)

For some strange reason I feel like if we dont re-sign Davis or pickup a Quality and Consistent CB in FA (press corner), our secondary might take a high dive into the ocean this upcoming season..It wont be pretty, we'll be back to square one with a bunch of average/below average corners (although i feel Butler is a good NICKEL corner, not outside)

:facepalm:

Like it or not.... I made true statements... I know most nfl corners are not very bright (I will say they are the most talented out of all nfl positions) much like the wide receiver position, but, you have to face the facts... Vonte is... Well, an *. Farewell fella.

Cromartie only plays one side of the field and if he was as good as Vontae he wouldn't have gotten cut.

That is not the reason ("not as good as Vontae"). It is a salary cap move. By cutting Cromartie, the Jets save $9.5 million.

Cromartie was hurt last year and did not have a good year. While I dont like his lifestyle (someone alluded to it earlier), he plays with a lot of effort, as if he has something to prove all the time. I would take him if he would take a one-year deal.

Like it or not.... I made true statements... I know most nfl corners are not very bright (I will say they are the most talented out of all nfl positions) much like the wide receiver position, but, you have to face the facts... Vonte is... Well, an *. Farewell fella.

Oh, there is one lacking in intelligence here, but it isn't me nor an NFL player.

That is not the reason ("not as good as Vontae"). It is a salary cap move. By cutting Cromartie, the Jets save $9.5 million.

Cromartie was hurt last year and did not have a good year. While I dont like his lifestyle (someone alluded to it earlier), he plays with a lot of effort, as if he has something to prove all the time. I would take him if he would take a one-year deal.

He's not as good as Vontae. The reason he was released is irrelevant to me. If he was a top 10 corner he wouldn't be getting cut.

He's not as good as Vontae. The reason he was released is irrelevant to me. If he was a top 10 corner he wouldn't be getting cut.

How can you not care about the reasons? He was due to make a boat load, is 30 and has had some hip issues. This does not mean he is still not a solid CB.