Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darren sproles

I wouldn't mind having 5-7 plays a game with him in mind to utilize but he is a luxury...if AFTER we address our other needs and can fit him into our situation....sure...we have the bruiser in Trent...Ballard is kind of a jack of all trades...and Sproles would be that specialty situational back...but he isn't going to do much more than run screens and get spread out...I think we can find match ups to exploit without going this route. He would be a liability in blocking and as for purely running...no..he can't run the ball. If he was just as quick and a little bigger like Reggie Bush then I would say definately...but at this point...I think they squeezed all the juice out of this guy. He will make a play or two a year...but thats more than most can afford. Let the Raiders sign him.

I may be in the minority here, but yes, I hope we sign Sproles. He is one of my favorite players in the league (besides all our players), and he would give us another weapon in the passing game. T-Rich, Ballard, and Sproles would be solid. If the price is right, Grigs should be all over this.

I 'd hate if we signed Eric Decker I do not thin he is worth it and is over rated,,,,,,,,,,,,And he 'd cost way to muchhhhhhhhhhh We need OLINE and DLINE Corner Safety ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And a lower priced FA receiver,,,,,,,,,,,

Hell yeah!!!! I like this

I wouldn't mind having 5-7 plays a game with him in mind to utilize but he is a luxury...if AFTER we address our other needs and can fit him into our situation....sure...we have the bruiser in Trent...Ballard is kind of a jack of all trades...and Sproles would be that specialty situational back...but he isn't going to do much more than run screens and get spread out...I think we can find match ups to exploit without going this route. He would be a liability in blocking and as for purely running...no..he can't run the ball. If he was just as quick and a little bigger like Reggie Bush then I would say definately...but at this point...I think they squeezed all the juice out of this guy. He will make a play or two a year...but thats more than most can afford. Let the Raiders sign him.

We should of signed Sproiles before the Saints did Or signed Reggie Bush,,,,,,,,,,,

We should of signed Sproiles before the Saints did Or signed Reggie Bush,,,,,,,,,,,

Its hard to invest that much money into those kind of players that can't be a 3 down player. Reggie and Darren complimented those offenses....we needed work horse type running backs that can pass protect as much as run the ball....signing would have been nice...but I don't know if they ever would have fit our cap situation or our offensive style.

For me, it would depend on how much it would cost. People are forgetting that he is a very good kick and punt returner as well as a very good receiver out of the backfield. He would be a third down, screen or swing receiving back for the most part, an excellent back-up in case of injuries, plus fill a need in our return game. I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Colts pick him up, it would just depend on the price.

I like Sproles as a player, but I'd pass.

You could find a better equivalent in the late rounds of the draft.

Dri Archer and D'A Thomas come to mind. Both are quicker than Sproles at this point in his career. Both are excellent returners and have home run potential on check downs and screens.

I like Sproles as a player, but I'd pass.

You could find a better equivalent in the late rounds of the draft.

Dri Archer and D'A Thomas come to mind. Both are quicker than Sproles at this point in his career. Both are excellent returners and have home run potential on check downs and screens.

1000:1 odds that you find an equivalent to Darren Sproles in the late rounds.

There isn't even an equivalent to Sproles in the NFL (even at his accelerated age) so how do you figure you can find a "better equivalent" in the later rounds? You're much more likely to find a Kerwynn Williams than a Darren Sproles in the early rounds, let alone in the later rounds.

Man I use to love this guy a few years ago..

I mean unless he was willing to come cheap and strictly Asa returner I wouldn't mind it..

But T.J Ward still gets -#43.. I kid.

Why strictly as a returner?? He's still the best receiving threat at the RB position in the NFL.

Sorry I can't agree with signing Sproles. It has been two years since he has had decent numbers. As pass happy as the Saints have been he couldn't even put up numbers of an average running back. Even as a kick returner his stats were very low.

He only hasn't put up decent numbers if you don't understand his role in the offense.

What I do understand is the Saints thought he wasn't good enough to be used very much. It's easy to say just look at what he did 3 years ago but the NFL is all about what have you done lately. He might still have a little left but the Colts already have too many unanswered questions before adding another one.

Its hard to invest that much money into those kind of players that can't be a 3 down player. Reggie and Darren complimented those offenses....we needed work horse type running backs that can pass protect as much as run the ball....signing would have been nice...but I don't know if they ever would have fit our cap situation or our offensive style.

True but Bush can be a 3 downs back Sproils is tough he can run 2Xsand catch a screen the other Those 2guys if we had either could of put us over the top

I think Trent may be playing the Sproles role next year with Ballard being the main back.  So no need for Sproles.

Richardson and Sproles have two completely different skill sets. While Richardson may well be the #2 back for the Colts next year, that is a completely different role than Sproles has played for the Saints.

What I do understand is the Saints thought he wasn't good enough to be used very much. It's easy to say just look at what he did 3 years ago but the NFL is all about what have you done lately. He might still have a little left but the Colts already have too many unanswered questions before adding another one.

Look at his receiving numbers.