Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans inquire about Brock Osweiler.

Dustin

I don't think it's a sign of desperation.  Probably just a team doing all their homework.  They might like what Osweiler has to offer, so they inquire about him.  For all we know, Osweiler could become a great QB one day; he has, after all, had the chance to sit and learn from Peyton.

I don't think it's a sign of desperation. Probably just a team doing all their homework. They might like what Osweiler has to offer, so they inquire about him. For all we know, Osweiler could become a great QB one day; he has, after all, had the chance to sit and learn from Peyton.

So did Curtis Partner.. lmao

I'm sorry Mrs Painter, but your son sucked

He threw the fifth longest pass in colts history and didn't have enough time to really mesh with everyone and learn the playbook, and he threw for almost 4000 yards twice at Purdue. Painter could've been a Baller, and I don't think we've heard the last of him.

He threw the fifth longest pass in colts history and didn't have enough time to really mesh with everyone and learn the playbook, and he threw for almost 4000 yards twice at Purdue. Painter could've been a Baller, and I don't think we've heard the last of him.

What he did at Purdue is meaningless. He completed just over half if his passes in the NFL. He also had twice as many ints as tds. He won't see a starting job in the NFL unless Eli gets hurt

^^^purdue fan

He threw the fifth longest pass in colts history 

Lol he threw 15 yard pass and Garcon got like 70 yards after the catch.

didn't have enough time to really mesh with everyone and learn the playbook

Except he had been on the team for 2 years. He knew the playbook fine.

and he threw for almost 4000 yards twice at Purdue. 

Goes to shows you how much college stats means in the NFL.

Painter could've been a Baller

No he couldn't have. 

Painters biggest problem is he was not accurate or consistent in his mechanic! Thus not so good!

Pssh, this is just smoke to throw everybody off that we're actually taking a QB with the first pick.

I hope.

lol why would you need to throw up a smoke screen? It's not like anyone can jump in front of you and take your guy.

lol why would you need to throw up a smoke screen? It's not like anyone can jump in front of you and take your guy.

Lol good point. I was just using bad logic to make sense of this, since it is a really bad idea to me if they are actually interested in him.

Looks like they're trying to find somebody to justify taking Clowney with the number 1 pick.

Looks like they're trying to find somebody to justify taking Clowney with the number 1 pick.

Exactly...they get a good prospect who has trained under Peyton manning for 2 seasons..and they can still build on their already strong defense

This isn't impossible..Denver has  3rd stronger they like..and Houston's No.2 is still a fairly good pick

Exactly...they get a good prospect who has trained under Peyton manning for 2 seasons..and they can still build on their already strong defense

This isn't impossible..Denver has  3rd stronger they like..and Houston's No.2 is still a fairly good pick

Yeah I seriously doubt that they would be foolish enough to give up the 33rd pick in the draft for Brock Osweiler. 

Better than you did

How did your own NFL career work out? I ask as it seems that we're now unable to pass comment on players in your eyes unless we had a better career than them. 

Judging by some of your recent posts we've finally reached the point of parody accounts on the forums it seems. 

If I was Denver I'd give up Osweilder for that pick.  Not unless that kid is showing something real special in practice. 

I would think though that Houston would be more interested in Ryan Mallet from the Pats.  He's not got a lot left on his contract and Brady isn't retiring after this year, so they likely would be interested in trading him away and getting something for him.  

I think painter can play and him and Brady Quinn still have time to make a serious run

Is this guy serious???  I wanted to reply with "DO NOT FEED THE TROLL" but I think you might actually be serious.

Is Naprown Lifer a really good troll?  or is he just crazy?

If I was Denver I'd give up Osweilder for that pick.  Not unless that kid is showing something real special in practice. 

I would think though that Houston would be more interested in Ryan Mallet from the Pats.  He's not got a lot left on his contract and Brady isn't retiring after this year, so they likely would be interested in trading him away and getting something for him.  

It'd be highway robbery if they did manage to get the pick from us, unless the kid becomes the next Matt Schaub (in terms of stats of course). I'd rather us draft a quarterback than take one of these guys that has been riding the bench for years now...unless they are like Rodgers and go out with a chip on their shoulder. Honestly though if we take Clowney then our defense should be dominant enough that we don't have to have a great quarterback, but at least someone decent enough to spread the ball around and make sure AJ isn't the only guy out there catching the ball for us.  

What happened at Purdue stayed at Purdue in the NFL he was'nt even as good as Jim Sorgi .

Texans are probably just kicking the tires on Brock which is good football business. I would be shocked though if he they don't take a QB with the first pick. Too many good prospects there for a team where QB is the biggest need to get them back to the post-season.

Not that I think trading for Osweiler is a good move, but it makes more sense than drafting Manziel with the #1 pick assuming they can get him for a 3rd round pick.  If I were them I'd be looking at a trade like this and taking the best trade offer I got for the #1 pick.  Manziel and Clowney both have way too many red flags to consider drafting #1.

As for Painter....lol.  He put up big numbers at Purdue because he was awesome against the North Eastern South Dakota Techs of college football and choked against anyone with talent.  Unfortunately for him, all NFL teams have talent.

Pop quiz, who holds the record for most passing yards in a college season? It must but a elite QB seeing as college production translates directly to NFL production as you infer in the above. What about number 2 on the list? At least he's thrown in the NFL for a staggering 20 yards at 50% completion. You're best bet might be 3 and 4 on the list, both the same player... He's so far managed to complete over half his passes in the NFL.

The point being college numbers mean nothing as differentiators for player talent and to suggest otherwise, especially in the face of the overwhelming evidence that was the Curtis horror show of 2011, suggests a disassociation from reality.